OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
My middle son played the game and liked it. I finished the 8 episodes over the past week and into the weekend and really enjoyed them. it's a bit of a strange mix of 1950s suburban culture (think Happy Days and Howdy Doody) with how sci-fi futuristic stuff would have appeared in the 1950s. The story is interesting and well executed. I found it easy to watch as a non-gaming person. Hopefully there will be a second season.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
My middle son played the game and liked it. I finished the 8 episodes over the past week and into the weekend and really enjoyed them. it's a bit of a strange mix of 1950s suburban culture (think Happy Days and Howdy Doody) with how sci-fi futuristic stuff would have appeared in the 1950s. The story is interesting and well executed. I found it easy to watch as a non-gaming person. Hopefully there will be a second season.
I think there will definitely be future seasons. The high praise/scores seem to be universal.

Yeah the world has a really interesting charm to it... like it's a future version of the 1950s.

Reactions: My3Sons

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Fallout was listed as getting a high tax credit from California for its next season…so despite it not being announced it appears people are filing paperwork for it behind the scenes.

I’m really enjoying Fallout. It’s got the vibes of the universe and that’s arguably the most important part.

I’m enjoying thinking of the 3 main characters as having been built a certain way inside the game and knowing how the games react to those builds is funny, to me.

My wife who doesn’t know much about Fallout is enjoying the world building.

For me, Maximus, through 3 episodes, is the funniest character to me. He’s the character with such low intelligence or speech that they get the “dummy” extra dialogue options.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

Let's f***in go indeed.

People in the process of this film keeping saying it’ll be awesome and I hope they’re right because I’m looking forward to it.

If it does turn out to be bad it will be perhaps the biggest blow to Marvel movies yet. Marvel is struggling and they can’t afford a Wolverine-Deadpool crossover to also struggle, it would mean they can’t even get major existing characters to work anymore. Sometimes pressure makes diamonds and sometimes it grinds things into nothingness; I’m hoping this is a diamond.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Finished Fallout and I loved it. Huge miss by Amazon for releasing the whole season at once though. They should have gone with a weekly episode release.
I'm half way through and agree, if for no other reason than you get a lot more discourse that way. I'm not the biggest fallout nerd, but I can imagine a weekly release would have allowed for a lot more diving into the easter eggs and theory crafting about ties to events in the games.

My3Sons

Sponsor
People in the process of this film keeping saying it’ll be awesome and I hope they’re right because I’m looking forward to it.

If it does turn out to be bad it will be perhaps the biggest blow to Marvel movies yet. Marvel is struggling and they can’t afford a Wolverine-Deadpool crossover to also struggle, it would mean they can’t even get major existing characters to work anymore. Sometimes pressure makes diamonds and sometimes it grinds things into nothingness; I’m hoping this is a diamond.
you saw that preview and think there is any chance it can be bad?

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
you saw that preview and think there is any chance it can be bad?
Is there a chance it could be bad even after the trailer? Yes, it wouldn’t be the first property with a good trailer and a disappointing sequel.

I think it will be good because Reynolds has a good feel for Deadpool and he seems to care a lot about the property but there are no guarantees until it’s out in the wild.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Is there a chance it could be bad even after the trailer? Yes, it wouldn’t be the first property with a good trailer and a disappointing sequel.

I think it will be good because Reynolds has a good feel for Deadpool and he seems to care a lot about the property but there are no guarantees until it’s out in the wild.
I imagine it will be more of the same. I laughed at the first two and enjoy Reynolds take on the character. Presumably the last appearance of Jackman in the role will bring out the hardcore fans

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

I have no doubt this movie will be a smash hit and it’s for one main reason.

Ryan Reynolds

This character has been his baby since before he originally pushed to play him in the Xmen movies. His real life humor is perfect for Deadpool, as we have already seen in the first 2 movies and he has reportedly negotiated with Marvel throughout to maintain certain creative control to make sure someone else doesn’t chop up his movie and ruin it (or do things that have caused Marvel movies to take a dip this past phase or so).

I don’t see movies in theaters anymore but I’ve already made plans to see this opening weekend.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I had forgotten some of the details from the original set of episodes, but HBO started a follow up on their 2015 series "The Jinx." It profiled accused murderer Robert Durst who is part of a billionaire real estate family. In the early 80's his first wife went missing and was never found. In 2000 his friend was found murdered presumably because she had knowledge about the first case. Durst then went into hiding and then admitted to murdering/dismembering his neighbor. And then somehow (insert Texas joke here), they were able to successfully argue self-defense.

Durst seemed oddly willing to talk about all of it, although it seemed to be a case where he had rehearsed his story for so many years. In one of the early episodes, there was some foreshadowing as Durst asked to take a break but didn't realized he was still mic'd up. Whoever he was there with then pointed that out as Durst was practicing his next set of answers.

In the finale, the documentary crew uncovered new evidence that could implicate Durst in the 2000 murder. After seeing that evidence, Durst asked to be excused to use the restroom and once again forgot he was mic'd. He proceeded to seemingly confess to the murders while talking to himself.

He went on the run again after that and was arrested a day before the finale aired on HBO. The first new episode picks up from there. If you're a true crime fan, it's probably worth a watch although it is creepy as the likely murderer all but happily is speaking to the camera professing his innocence.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Finally got to see Kong Godzilla the new empire today, it was big dumb fun and I enjoyed the hell out of it. The opening segment in hallow earth with absolutely no humans and dialouge with just following Kong around was fantastic. The final third of this movie is just awesome titans fighting in crazy ways.

Between this and Zero it shows Godzilla can be multiple things, an Oscar worthy emotional movie and a big dumb action movie. I love all of it and hope we get more.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I'm always down to watch whatever M Night comes out with so I'll definitely be checking this one out.

Servant on Apple TV is one of the best things M Night has ever done to me so if you haven't checked it out yet I highly recommend it to anyone who likes M night stuff.
I think that’s the only thing he’s done that I haven’t watched yet.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Fallout is good. May be there are some conflict with game lore, but as a tv series it works really well. May be not so great fighting scenes, but characters, direction, actors and visual are very good. Fun to watch another little portion of communistic propaganda on american tv show, when the russian trend is unticommunistic in modern media. Upside world.
Anyway finally I watched some modern tv show I liked. Character of Guhle and daughter of Dale Copper have great character line, actors play greatly, I like chemistry. People dont like the character of black soldier from Brotherhood of steel but he was made specifically to be the character with zero intelligence. I think he did quite nice job, better than black character from star wars new trilogy. Overall Fallout series made much better work than all modern star wars movies and tv series. Joke about it is good too.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I think that’s the only thing he’s done that I haven’t watched yet.

Apple has a bunch of good shows so definitely worth signing up for a month and watching anything you're interested in. Servant is 40 episodes and they average from like 22-35 min episodes so you can easily blow through it quickly. They never canceled it so they got to tell the whole story and I thought it really wrapped up well.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Apple has a bunch of good shows so definitely worth signing up for a month and watching anything you're interested in. Servant is 40 episodes and they average from like 22-35 min episodes so you can easily blow through it quickly. They never canceled it so they got to tell the whole story and I thought it really wrapped up well.
I'll have to check it out - I stopped after S2 feeling like they were just gonna keep stretching things out and it felt like it was writing the plot as it went. If there's a destination and they arrive there - I'll go on with it.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I really enjoyed the first 2 Deadpool's but I literally couldn't care less about this. I am so incredibly over anything with a Wolverine focus. I can tolerate him as a supporting character but I am done with him as a main character. One of the reasons '97 is so good is that for the first time in 20 years there's been an adaptation with him in it where he's not the focus

My3Sons

Sponsor
I really enjoyed the first 2 Deadpool's but I literally couldn't care less about this. I am so incredibly over anything with a Wolverine focus. I can tolerate him as a supporting character but I am done with him as a main character. One of the reasons '97 is so good is that for the first time in 20 years there's been an adaptation with him in it where he's not the focus
I'd be shocked if he's the focus so much as the butt of the meta jokes and the straight man to Reynolds' rapid fire delivery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad