OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) IV - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I also just finished For All Mankind season 1 on Apple TV and it is really good. What felt like a mashup of maybe Man in the High Castle and The Right Stuff ended up being very entertaining. Season 2 debuts in 2 weeks so it's a good time to binge it if space race drama is up your alley.

You mean For All Mankind? Yea I watched it before and cant wait for season 2. It is a lot of fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I also just finished For All Mankind season 1 on Apple TV and it is really good. What felt like a mashup of maybe Man in the High Castle and The Right Stuff ended up being very entertaining. Season 2 debuts in 2 weeks so it's a good time to binge it if space race drama is up your alley.

Not sure if you like horror/thriller dramas but Servant on Apple TV has been really good if you like those.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I just want Wandavision to get to the point. Is it going to do the thing or not?

The whole thing is turning into a slog for me waiting to get to the reveals.

Idk maybe I should have waited and just binged it at once.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I just want Wandavision to get to the point. Is it going to do the thing or not?

Last weeks episode turned the season around for me. Today’s was more of the same and going in the right direction. I’m glad I forced myself through the first 3 weeks but yeah, because of that, this show probably doesn’t benefit from the weekly release schedule.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Last weeks episode turned the season around for me. Today’s was more of the same and going in the right direction. I’m glad I forced myself through the first 3 weeks but yeah, because of that, this show probably doesn’t benefit from the weekly release schedule.

The first three episodes were rough to me too, I really just don't enjoy the sitcom stuff whatsoever.

I don't care for the sitcom stuff in any of these episodes but at least episodes 4 and 5 are getting to more of the meat of the story and I'm glad Vision and the other characters are starting to realize something is seriously wrong.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
The first three episodes were rough to me too, I really just don't enjoy the sitcom stuff whatsoever.

I don't care for the sitcom stuff in any of these episodes but at least episodes 4 and 5 are getting to more of the meat of the story and I'm glad Vision and the other characters are starting to realize something is seriously wrong.
We're getting there and I think Marvel relied on the fact that we'd trust that.

I could be wrong obviously, but when you hit a home run every 3 at bats you get the benefit of the doubt.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Just rewatched the episode and I think my initial opinion may have been shortsighted. They went on way too much about her being a telepath for them not to introduce the professor at this point imo. I'm guessing Magneto comes as well (think 'saving' mystique in DoFP).

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Just rewatched the episode and I think my initial opinion may have been shortsighted. They went on way too much about her being a telepath for them not to introduce the professor at this point imo. I'm guessing Magneto comes as well (think 'saving' mystique in DoFP).

I'll mark out if that happens

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

I haven't started it yet and at this point will probably just wait to binge it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

It's stuff like this that is keeping me tuned in even if I am a bit bored.

It's why I was more interested in this then Loki or Falcon.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The notion that Monica is pissed at Carol...the small yet GLARING reference to Reed Richards....Vision challenging Wanda, Wanda walking out of the bubble just to prove she is that much more powerful than everyone else. THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME

What was the reference to Reed?

Reactions: Ripshot 43

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I’m watching through the MCU with the old lady and it’s been a real mixed bag. I watched Civil War last night and it was so inessential that we had an argument through the final part and I didn’t really feel like I missed much. It served as a way to introduce Spider-Man and Black Panther and not much else, plus I felt the real world undertones were... well, I’m not going to open that can of worms.

We’ll be watching WandaVision when we’re done with all of it, but I’m really not a fan of forcing JJ Abrams style puzzle box narratives into everything. I hope TV rediscovers the episodic format at some point, where you can hop into any episode and feel like you haven’t missed much or can have it explained in ten seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad