OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) II :Use Spoiler Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwidevil

Around 2 months until fallout 4. . . . . . . . . . . . .

I see Chris Cornell on the Monday, the game comes out on Tuesday. Good times!

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Around 2 months until fallout 4. . . . . . . . . . . . .

I see Chris Cornell on the Monday, the game comes out on Tuesday. Good times!

Debating watching Cornell (he comes to town a couple days after my birthday). Only a couple single seats left.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
What ever happened to Mel Gibson i thought to myself dude could act. Got me to sit through a 2h50m movie twice ( The Patriot, Braveheart) without looking at the clock. Most movies cant get me to sit for 20 mins. Then i remembered Dude be crazy

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
What ever happened to Mel Gibson i thought to myself dude could act. Got me to sit through a 2h50m movie twice ( The Patriot, Braveheart) without looking at the clock. Most movies cant get me to sit for 20 mins. Then i remembered Dude be crazy

Those movies were long. Almost Ben Hur, Zhivago, Spartacus and the king of length Lawrence of Arabia. I remember sitting through Lawrence of Arabia when it was on t.v. and they had commercials on. Literally spend around 6 hours watching it a couple of years ago.
Wasnt Mel in mad max the old series? I know for sure he was in Expendables 3.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Also finally got a payed NHL streaming service. Them picture quality is great and they have a setting where you can watch network commercials if you want during the break. Was a bit of money but at-least got the convenience of watching through my PlayStation. Frees up a full screen on my laptop for other stuff during commercial breaks.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Frequent Over consumption of booze happened.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Saw Narcos discussed in another thread. I'm about four episodes in and it's a decent watch. I find it interesting that Pablo Escobar remains a compelling character. I've seen a couple documentaries along with the 30 for 30 that ESPN did.

I'm not sure if knowing the background helps or hurts watching the show since I kinda know how everything is going to unfold. Although there is a disclaimer at the beginning of each show which says the plot is based on true events but the show might stray into fiction for dramatic purposes.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Saw Narcos discussed in another thread. I'm about four episodes in and it's a decent watch. I find it interesting that Pablo Escobar remains a compelling character. I've seen a couple documentaries along with the 30 for 30 that ESPN did.

I'm not sure if knowing the background helps or hurts watching the show since I kinda know how everything is going to unfold. Although there is a disclaimer at the beginning of each show which says the plot is based on true events but the show might stray into fiction for dramatic purposes.

Yes as you go further in the series you will notice the fictional aspects.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just saw the second trailer for Rocky 7, or otherwise known as ''Creed''

I'd probably go see it, but I'm skeptical about this one as it was not directed by Sly. I remember watching a Rocky documentary a few years back and Stallone as well as others seemed to agree that Rocky 5 was such a disappointment because it was the only Rocky movie (aside from the original one) that was not directed by Stallone itself. That was one of the theories in why it bombed so badly. I'm a little skeptical of this one because it seems to have very little connection to any of the other Rocky movies aside from the Rocky character himself. It's about Apollo Creed's son, who was apparently supposed to have been born after the death of Apollo in Rocky 4. I'm skeptical but as a Rocky fanatic, I will be seeing this movie shortly after it's released.

Kind of a spoiler (if you don't wish to see the trailer)

Paulie has been killed off in between the last two movies. There is a scene in the trailer that shows his gravestone next to Adrian's. And Rocky appears to leave a bottle of liquor there. I called that one as soon as I saw that Burt Young's name wasn't in the credits when I saw them months ago. Not to mention that it seemed a logical step to kill him off, as someone new seems to be killed off in every film. Mickey, Apollo, Adrian, now Paulie. It also appears that Rocky has some health scare in the movie and there's scenes where he's in a hospital bed. Though he obviously recovers later on in the film before Creed's big fight.

I will be pissed if they kill off Rocky. He was supposed to be killed off in Rocky 5 during the street fight with Tommy Morrison. It wasn't until very late in production at the last minute that they decided the character of Rocky was too big to be killed off. Even though he's old now, there's no reason to kill him off. As much as that might be the only way to ensure he's done with Rocky sequels after this.

Stallone did say after going back on the original Rocky 5 ending that the Rocky character would never be killed off, but he also has been saying ever since Rocky 3 that each of the sequels would definitely and absolutely be the LAST ones ever made. He most recently guaranteed this after Rocky Balboa in 2006.

I swear I'll never look at any of the Rocky movies the same way again if he is killed off in any way in this film.:( I'll just be completely bummed. I'll seriously leave the movie theater physically disgusted if that happens.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Anyone think that Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose's partner is Erick Rowan?

I'm thinking him or Kane.

Speaking of that match, every time Strowman takes his mask off I can't get the Samwell Tarly comparison out of my head and he just looks goofy instead of threatening.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
And thats why the wwe is still suffering. Kane or Rowan? Director of operations.:laugh: Atleast brings Kane back in his old attire and give him a purpose.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Anyone pick up NHL 16 yet? I just did on my lunch break, have to wait until the end of the day to play it. So far, I've seen mixed reviews from people on this board but I watch the 2BC clips on YouTube and it looks far more improved. Quicker loading times, faster simulation, EASHL, Be a GM looks much better.

Looking forward to it.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
And thats why the wwe is still suffering. Kane or Rowan? Director of operations.:laugh: Atleast brings Kane back in his old attire and give him a purpose.

Yeah, I was thinking masked Kane. Corporate Kane was just kind of dumb.

Although knowing WWE it'll be some random wrestler that doesn't make any sense teaming with Reigns/Ambrose.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Anyone pick up NHL 16 yet? I just did on my lunch break, have to wait until the end of the day to play it. So far, I've seen mixed reviews from people on this board but I watch the 2BC clips on YouTube and it looks far more improved. Quicker loading times, faster simulation, EASHL, Be a GM looks much better.

Looking forward to it.

Played the beta and it was WAY different. Total makeover vs. PS3 version of EASHL. The full game plays a bit better than Beta but still totally different feel imo. No more boost slots and crazy ratings. Pick a class and play - no leveling up your guy so it's an even playing field.

Very good compared to last year's debacle.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Samoa Joe is in wwe now?

He's been down in NXT since like June.

Bringing him in as Reigns and Ambrose's mystery partner wouldn't be the worst way to bring him in. Although I'm thinking they're probably going to want a bigger guy to go up against Strowman, which would probably mean Rowan or Kane. Rowan at least has some connections to the feud. Kane would be pretty random. Which of course means it'll be Kane.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I don't know if wwe cleared him yet or not but Bryan has history with feuding with the Wyatts and the crowd would go crazy for it.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
So, with NHL 16 coming out, I finally took the plunge and got a PS4. Needless to say I probably won't be getting out much this weekend. Any other recommendations for games I should buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad