OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) II :Use Spoiler Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
image_24.img.jpg

i always wondered why lou allowed NJ to have facial hair but no one else

:sarcasm:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sting is back and going after the title. Wow.

I guess it would be cool if he got a title run, since he never had one in the WWE before. It would be one of those sentimental title runs, sort of like a ''Thank you'' for his service to the business IMO.

I guess it couldn't hurt to give him a short reign, like the one they gave Hogan when he came back after WCW folded in the early 2000s. I think he had like a one or two month long title reign and that was it. I'd hope it's not one of those win it at Survivor Series and then drop it at WrestleMania type reigns, especially if he only has one match or none in between to defend it.

I kind of wish Sting would have came to WWE earlier on, like when he was still young enough to be a full time performer. Though at the same time if he came 4 or 5 years ago, it might have killed or shortened CM Punk's push that he was getting at the time. Being a HUGE CM Punk fan, I wouldn't have been too happy with that.

I always kinda wanted Sting to come to WWE during those years he was working with TNA. As much as I'm critical of Vince's product at times, I was never a fan of TNA's product. It got even worse after they brought all the geriatrics like Hogan and Flair in there, Bischoff too. I'm surprised they're still in business after Hogan and Bischoff got done there.

I'm cool with Sting getting a WWE push though. Please just dear god, do not bring back that worthless and no talent BUM Batista! I ****ing hate that LOSER so ****ing much!:rant: Putrid performer, terrible mic skills, bland characters. That was another thing that irritated me, he comes back after 4 or 5 years and immediately they have him win the Royal Rumble. When you look at the 5 guys that have won multiple Royal Rumble matches, the list is Austin, Hogan, Shawn Michaels, Cena and Batista. Batista is definitely the odd man out to me there.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I don't see sting winning the title. He's too old and he looks even older. This is just to get people to keep their subscriptions for September. I expect he gets a screw job by hhh or something of that nature.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Definitely one of the most fun episodes of Raw in awhile. As much I get not wanting to rely on the older guys, I did enjoy the Dudley returns + Flair/Sting making appearances. Unfortunately stumbled on Sting's return just before the final segment, so that took away from it a bit.

Caught the Bayley/Sasha match from Saturday. NXT show looked like a ton of fun.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Definitely one of the most fun episodes of Raw in awhile. As much I get not wanting to rely on the older guys, I did enjoy the Dudley returns + Flair/Sting making appearances. Unfortunately stumbled on Sting's return just before the final segment, so that took away from it a bit.

Caught the Bayley/Sasha match from Saturday. NXT show looked like a ton of fun.

I thought as far as actual wrestling goes, NXT was much better than Summerslam this past weekend.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I thought as far as actual wrestling goes, NXT was much better than Summerslam this past weekend.

Though SS wasn't bad outside of so many Shmooz endings. Seth/Cena was actually a really good match. Seth was great. Taker/Brock was way better then it had business being, but the finish left a nasty taint on it.

Also the best thing going right now is New Day. They are easily the best thing going on in WWE.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I hated New Day when they first started, but damn are they fun to watch now. I laugh every time Big E comes down the ramp with that ridiculous clapping of his.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I hated New Day when they first started, but damn are they fun to watch now. I laugh every time Big E comes down the ramp with that ridiculous clapping of his.

Everyone hated the forced preacher face crap. Then they turned them heel and let them just be themselves and they are now pure gold.

Xavior coming down with the trombone was AMAZING last night. Then he kept playing it during the match including playing taps?!? Jesus that was amazing and it got lost in the return of the Dudley's (which was awesome. Man that was a huge pop they got).

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I think I've rewatched the tag match + Dudley return several dozen times. That's just one of those rare segments that's gonna still be rewatchable in ten years.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Also I think people need to realize the difference between character development and technical wrestling. All over the internet you see comments about how the last raw was one of the best raws ever. Entertainment/character wise it probably was. Wrestling wise not much happened. Was mostly talk with a few wrestlers returning and the debut of another Wyatt family member, but technically wrestling wise this was one of the poorer raw's.:laugh:
I think people could watch Flair, Rock, Foley, Austin make an entrance once in a while and put on a match per year and people would eat it up even if the match involved barely anything.

Last edited:

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
i always wondered why lou allowed NJ to have facial hair but no one else

:sarcasm:

This is the next game I will buy. Usually buy them every three years and am going to buy a ps4 when it comes out. I heard they improved the realism of the commentary this year. Put more emotion in the play by play calls.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
The one against ascension?

Nah, I meant the end of the New Day/Lucha Dragons match + surprise return. Xavier pulling out "Taps" on the trombone was tremendous. Apparently they kept the announcers in the dark about the Dudley return.

I dragged my cousin to a Brooklyn house show in March. New Day was still trying to be faces. So glad that they were able to flip it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Also I think people need to realize the difference between character development and technical wrestling. All over the internet you see comments about how the last raw was one of the best raws ever. Entertainment/character wise it probably was. Wrestling wise not much happened. Was mostly talk with a few wrestlers returning and the debut of another Wyatt family member, but technically wrestling wise this was one of the poorer raw's.:laugh:
I think people could watch Flair, Rock, Foley, Austin make an entrance once in a while and put on a match per year and people would eat it up even if the match involved barely anything.

Pretty much the reason they brought Taker back before WM to wrestle Brock.

Same reason Sting is getting a title shot for literally no reason other then because it's wrestling haha

Feb 2, 2009
Manalapan, NJ
Got a download link for the new Wonder Years album because my vinyl bundle was delayed. It's incredible. Not sure who listens to them here, but for those who do, it surpasses The Greatest Generation IMO.

Last edited:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Got a download link for the new Wonder Years album because my vinyl bundle was delayed. It's incredible. Not sure who listens to them here, but for those who do, it surpasses The Greatest Generearion IMO.

I absolutely LOVE the Wonder Years. Awesome band. I loved the song Cardinals. I can't wait to get the vinyl... I am waiting for Vintage Vinyl in Fords to have it.

BTW If you like Wonder Years, you will love Knuckle Puck... Try this song... Trust me. I have listened to it about 100 times this week

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I also love the wonder years and knuckle puck. Both awesome bands live too. Just to add, I love state champs, they are opening for the upcoming the wonder years / motion city soundtrack tour.

They have a new cd coming out soon that I'm really excited about and they are a blast live. I'm going to a few of the dates on that tour.

Feb 2, 2009
Manalapan, NJ
I also love the wonder years and knuckle puck. Both awesome bands live too. Just to add, I love state champs, they are opening for the upcoming the wonder years / motion city soundtrack tour.

They have a new cd coming out soon that I'm really excited about and they are a blast live. I'm going to a few of the dates on that tour.

Really excited for that tour. Going to the show at Starland the day after Thanksgiving. Might go to one of the NYC shows and the Philly show.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Ok so i broke down and watched Teenage mutant Michael Bay turtles. 22 minutes in and i must say wtf! The implications of bestiality, Johnny Knoxvilles voice coming out f Leo and the lens flairs. I was expecting bad but not this

Ok so i must say it got better. Could see a new generation getting hooked on turtles. Wasn't as bad as i expected or as good as i hoped. Mikey trying to bend Fox over for some turtle style is still creepy

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Xavier/Austin Creed has a video game-centric YouTube channel where he plays with various guys while interviewing them. A good chunk of the games are from my childhood, so it's a fun watch; ie him and Seth Rollins playing Turtles in Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad