Tribute Conor Timmins Appreciation

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I like Timmins but you can’t rely on him at all with his injury history. The hit he received to get his latest injury was almost nothing.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Interesting he brought the physicality last night. That usually doesn’t come out in his game from what we’ve seen.
If he's willing to play rough to stay in the lineup that's what we need. Lagesson was bringing the sandpaper before. They need to give other teams hell at every opportunity it makes a difference.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
If he's willing to play rough to stay in the lineup that's what we need. Lagesson was bringing the sandpaper before. They need to give other teams hell at every opportunity it makes a difference.
I’d take Lagesson over Timmins everyday and twice on Sunday. Timmins is good on the offensive side of the puck, defensively not so much………

Reactions: DarkKnight

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I’d take Lagesson over Timmins everyday and twice on Sunday. Timmins is good on the offensive side of the puck, defensively not so much………

Timmins 2.3 GA/60
Lagesson 2.1 GA/60

Expected Goals on ice %
Timmins 61.2 % (Best on Team)
Lagesson 46.3% (Only Klingberg was worse out of the D)

On Ice Goals %
Timmins 65% (Best on Team)
Lagesson 47.4% (Only Klingberg was worse out of the D)

Corsi
Timmins 55% (Best on Team)
Lagesson 48% (Worst D on Team)

Timmins GF/60 4.0 (Best D on Team)
Lagesson GF/60 2.1 (Second worst D on team)

I think I'd take the guy who has the better on ice results personally, I'm not sure what you are looking at, and seeing exactly.

Reactions: arso40 and Gallagbi

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I have to be honest, the fact Timmins has good advanced stats make me question their contextual relevance, because he is just awful defensively, an adventure every play, horrible recognition and easily loses battles. Is it because who Keefe shelters him with, zone starts, because i just don’t see it at all. To me he’s a cautionary tale on advanced stats, or perhaps an outlier, because that’s some horrible d there.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I have to be honest, the fact Timmins has good advanced stats make me question their contextual relevance, because he is just awful defensively, an adventure every play, horrible recognition and easily loses battles. Is it because who Keefe shelters him with, zone starts, because i just don’t see it at all. To me he’s a cautionary tale on advanced stats, or perhaps an outlier, because that’s some horrible d there.

On Ice Goals % is advanced stats? I mean literally, we score a lot more when he's on the ice, than we get scored against... and that really is what counts.

Both Lagesson and Timmins start in the D zone about 7% of the time. Both start about 70% of the time, on the fly shifts....

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Basing it purely on this season, yes. But you have to remember he missed the start due to injury and then missed games for bad mistakes. Young players need time to play to get better. He was solid in limited minutes last year, I suspect he’ll improve with time.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I kind of want to throw Timmins on the 1st pair instead of Brodie just to see what happens to his advanced stats. :laugh:
He’d look as out of place as Brodie does, but less money so there’s that………

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019

I don't think he has ever played higher than the 3rd pair, so most of those minutes are fairly sheltered.

He’d look as out of place as Brodie does, but less money so there’s that………
But his advanced stats would make more sense to me then. :D

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Winner winner chicken dinner…….

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Basing it purely on this season, yes. But you have to remember he missed the start due to injury and then missed games for bad mistakes. Young players need time to play to get better. He was solid in limited minutes last year, I suspect he’ll improve with time.
I really liked him when he first came up last year, great first pass and good offensive vision. He really tailed off though, you started to see the defensively liabilities and an inability to process quick coverages. I’m not giving up on him, but he doesnt look like an NHL D man to me, his offence is completely offset by his defensive deficiencies. I’m willing to change my mind, just don’t see it so far.

Reactions: rumman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad