Tribute Conor Timmins Appreciation

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I think so, assuming they dont pick up an established top 4 defenseman. He looked good last season, and should be a regular in the lineup this year. He and Liljegren should both have an opportunity to play a lot and firmly establish themselves as regulars.
I really hope so, Timmins showed a lot promise when he finally was healthy

Reactions: ACC1224

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
if you run Klingberg, Lily and Timmins down the right side who plays with Rielly?
Not a right side D that I'd expect them to run unless there's an injury (or the need to rest Giordano later on). To answer your question, Liljegren would be my choice.

Reactions: ACC1224

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Yeah, I don't get why we needed Klingberg. Timmins deserved a shot if we wanted an offensive minded player. He's tall too!
My guess would be the incredible amount of time Timmins is injured. He'll need to play a full season before anyone should count on him being a regular.

Reactions: nuck and Buds17

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
My guess would be the incredible amount of time Timmins is injured. He'll need to play a full season before anyone should count on him being a regular.

You understand the issue with that statement right?

How can he play a full season if we healthy scratch him most of the year.

He just played 25 games for us, without an injury issue.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Timmons has uncanny vision and passing percision. 10/10 on those skills.

Perfect as a 7th D that can easily run PP2 if required.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
You understand the issue with that statement right?

How can he play a full season if we healthy scratch him most of the year.

He just played 25 games for us, without an injury issue.
His injury history is well documented. Counting on him to be a regular is just too risky, at least for me.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
His injury history is well documented. Counting on him to be a regular is just too risky, at least for me.
What's risky about it? If he gets hurt someone else will fill his spot.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Yes because we signed somebody else which minimizes the risk of depending on Timmins health. It's right in the post i quoted so it shouldn't be too difficult to follow along.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I was a big pumper of his game last year. But, he did tail off defensively and really struggled towards the end there, we can’t dismiss that and simply slot him as a regular. I still see him as depth, until he shows he can settle in for the long haul.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Timmins is the reason under some circumstances we could afford losing Sandin. I would have preferred a playoff player rather than a gamble that didn’t pay off. I’m not sure I would gamble on a 6/7 defensemen like Guss just for depth with Sandin. We’ll see how Cowan turns out I guess.

As for Timmins, I hope Keefe gives him a long look. No denying he has excellent reads and offensive vision. Might end up more useful than Klingberg if he can’t find his game again.

Reactions: LeafSteel

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Yes because we signed somebody else which minimizes the risk of depending on Timmins health. It's right in the post i quoted so it shouldn't be too difficult to follow along.
It's difficult, you're not making any sense.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Over the past 5 seasons, Conor Timmins has basically played, at most, half a season. He just hasnt had enough games to develop.

If Luke Schenn can step in as a 7th D, and become a reliable partner for Rielly, maybe Timmins can play that role this year. Tougher minutes for sure, but if all youre being asked is to take care of your own zone it could work. Now before you all jump on me for ‘claiming him as a first pairing D’, all I am trying to illustrate is that you need to give these younger players real chances ro know what you have in them. Timmins and Liljegren have both showed top 4 potential.

Thats why i’m good starting the year with the group we have, we can always make a trade mid-season if needed.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Yeah, I don't get why we needed Klingberg. Timmins deserved a shot if we wanted an offensive minded player. He's tall too!
They wanted a puck mover on another pairing. I dont think the signing means anything for Timmins. Guys will get hurt, we need depth.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The point essentially is that Timmins makes a better spare/next in line for a spot than the defender who would have to fill that role instead if Timmins were to become injured as a lineup fixture. A healthy and consistent Timmins may very well have a bigger role soon enough when considering the number of pending UFAs that currently make up the team's blueline.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Signing Klingberg for 4.15M when you could have gotten Gus for 900k or just used Timmins at 1.1M is a little strange to me.

Timmins can't be worse defensively.
Timmins doesn't have the track record that Klingberg has but if I could choose I'd rather just try Timmins in the offensive D role at a much cheaper price than have Klingberg there. I won't lie and say I've watched Klingberg a lot but a lot of the opinions around here seem to not favor his defensive game at all.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Timmins doesn't have the track record that Klingberg has but if I could choose I'd rather just try Timmins in the offensive D role at a much cheaper price than have Klingberg there. I won't lie and say I've watched Klingberg a lot but a lot of the opinions around here seem to not favor his defensive game at all.

Arguably the worst defenseman, defensively in the NHL. Nice offensive instincts but we could try the other ones.

What makes Timmins intriguing is he hasn't been able to get a summer in a while to really train, it's usually been spent recovering/healing.

I wanted to see what we were getting.

GreatDayforHockey

Jul 21, 2022
Timmins looked very promising in Training camp. Minimum stay on LTIR is 10 games or 24 days. It seems he would be eligible to return for Nov. 4 game vs Buffalo. Not sure if he is practicing yet....any updates?
A 6'2" 205 lb. R shot dman with just a $1.1 million Cap hit for this season and next could be valuable. He turned 25 last month but due mostly to injuries he has only played 66 Regular season and 12 NHL Playoff games.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Timmins looked very promising in Training camp. Minimum stay on LTIR is 10 games or 24 days. It seems he would be eligible to return for Nov. 4 game vs Buffalo. Not sure if he is practicing yet....any updates?
A 6'2" 205 lb. R shot dman with just a $1.1 million Cap hit for this season and next could be valuable. He turned 25 last month but due mostly to injuries he has only played 66 Regular season and 12 NHL Playoff games.

I don't think I have heard a word about him practicing yet.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Reactions: wingman75

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad