Tribute Conor Timmins Appreciation

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Kid has delivered way more than anyone could have hoped for since being acquired, what a steal.

10 points in 12 games with solid defense. They need to find a way to keep him in the lineup every night.

Still wouldn't surprise me if he passes Holl before the year is out.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
As much as I want Timmins to play and sit Holl, at this moment Holl is more useful than Timmins due to his defence and PK.
The thing is Timmins needs more play time to improve his defensive side of the game.

Reactions: kb

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
So far getting Timmins has become an underrated trade by Dubas and only happened due to the injuries at the time on their defense.

I guess you can also say Arizona owed Toronto something since they ended up claiming Harri Sateri off waivers from them at last years trade deadline, lol. :sarcasm:

Reactions: kb and Buds17

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Kid has delivered way more than anyone could have hoped for since being acquired, what a steal.

10 points in 12 games with solid defense. They need to find a way to keep him in the lineup every night.

Still wouldn't surprise me if he passes Holl before the year is out.

I humbly submit that he had passed Holl. Doesn't block as many shots but I think that's because the puck is out of our end faster when he's on the ice

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
In my book he is playing like a top 4 D man .. I would not take him out .. to me Holl and Sandin both come out before Timmer
Sandin has formed a pretty solid pairing with Liljegren, don't want to break up the chemistry there. It also works well from a left shot/right shot combination perspective.

Reactions: banks and ACC1224

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I think he's already about as valuable to the team as Liljegren and Sandin. He's in that tier with them.

It's not just the points. If he had 5 points since coming here I'd still be posting in a Timmins appreciation thread. He's been great. It also seems to me like his great games have come when he plays more time, as well. If he's playing 18 or more, instead of like 15 minutes, he seems like he's totally engaged. Lots of smart outlets, very few giveaways, and not afraid to stand where it hurts. The high draft pedigree shows with his positioning, he really knows his game.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I think he's already about as valuable to the team as Liljegren and Sandin. He's in that tier with them.

It's not just the points. If he had 5 points since coming here I'd still be posting in a Timmins appreciation thread. He's been great. It also seems to me like his great games have come when he plays more time, as well. If he's playing 18 or more, instead of like 15 minutes, he seems like he's totally engaged. Lots of smart outlets, very few giveaways, and not afraid to stand where it hurts. The high draft pedigree shows with his positioning, he really knows his game.
IMO he isn't quite there yet only because there isn't quite enough of a track record, but he will be right with them if he keeps his play at this level and continues to mature.

Love the pickup. Even my most pissed off friends from that trade have done a 180. They are now saying we should dump Holl.

I think I need smarter friends. LOLOL

Reactions: banks

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Think Timmins cracks the top 6 this season?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I think that was the plan with Dubas still in charge, not sure how Treliving will see him.
I think you have to consider someone whom is neither Dubas nor Treliving here...Keefe. My guess is that Timmins is currently the #7 and he should still receive a decent amount of playing time in that role.

Reactions: ACC1224

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Based on what we saw, he should have an opportunity.

My question is if Keefe is the kind of coach that will allow Liljegren and Timmins a long look and opportunity to develop?

Reactions: Buds17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad