Player Discussion Conor Garland

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I think it's pretty clear that, earlier in the year, Garland was the driver for that 3rd line. Joshua is so complementary to Garland's game. We usually think of forward pairs being a centre with a winger. It seems that you can stick any centre with those two and they dominate. Obviously Miller at C is a huge upgrade.
If EP40 finds his form again and carries whom ever you throw at his wings to top6 production, we will have serious scoring depth.

Miller+Boeser
EP40
Garland - Lindholm? - Joshua

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
I can't agree there. Maybe offensively but Burrows was the best defensive winger in the NHL. This fanbase still underrates how freaking good he was. He was as good as Jere Lehtinen but Selke voting had shifted away from giving votes to wingers and the voters didn't like Burrows because of how he played.

This team's Martin Gelinas I could get behind.
Come on man. Lehtinen might be in the best ever convo.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Come on man. Lehtinen might be in the best ever convo.

Burrows was the best defensive winger in the NHL in his prime, same deal as Lehtinen. And scored more than Lehtinen.

There was just a huge shift in the 2000s (likely coinciding with the introduction of faceoff stats) where wingers stopped getting any sort of Selke consideration. Mark Stone in the last couple years was the first guy to get serious Selke consideration from the wing since Lehtinen 20 years ago.

Burrows to me was a better defensive forward than Kesler.

Iron Mike Sharpe

Dec 6, 2017
I've always liked what Garland brings to the table, and I said before the season started that I'd rather have him than Kuzmenko or Mikheyev. Turns out I was right. After the Joshua injury, I kept hoping to see him moved to Pettersson's line, and I liked the look when it finally happened - but I can't really understand why Tochhet didn't keep the Hoglander-Pettersson-Garland unit together. I still think it could work, just give them more time to develop some chemistry.

Gelinas is a pretty good comparison, but I also see a echoes of Darcy Rota, who had that same tenacity and great work along the boards. Rota had better hands and a more intense feistiness, whereas Garland has better wheels. Rota and Gelinas were favorites of mine, and Garland has easily become one of my favorite current Canucks.

Reactions: Diamonddog01

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Garland now up to 19 goals and 43 points.....but the way he impacts the game almost every night, you'd like to see him score even more. He certainly has the game to be a 55-60 point winger at least.

But really hope he can hit the 20 goal mark in the last three games. 50 points would also be an achievement, but that's probably a bit out of reach.

One thing is for sure.....he has the type of 'down-low' game that will translate well to the playoffs.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I think Garland looks sexy AF in his neck-guard. Being the only non-blithering f***ing idiot out there every night just makes me think non-stop about his big, beautiful, veiny

brain.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4