Player Discussion Conor Garland

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Big fan of Garland. Although tiny, he has a motor that never quits. Great hands, and isn't afraid to drive the net. Plays much, much bigger than his size. Said it before, him and Hoglander are the sparkplugs to the team. Garland and Horvat are also showing some good chemistry together aswell. Looking forward to seeing his success this season with the Canucks.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Always liked this player. Don't think he's really found his groove yet - once he gels with his linemates look out.

Yep. We're seeing flashes right now but not quite there yet. Got to adjust from playing left wing with Miller to right wing with Horvat.

Reactions: Johnathon Tanner

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I think Ronning was the last Cliff to play in the NHL, not a very common name anymore. Garland is fun to watch and hopefully sticks with Horvat

Reactions: Johnathon Tanner

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This guy can stickhandle in a phone booth.....his edgework along the wall will drive d-men crazy. Just an outstanding pickup by the Canucks. If he lands on a solid line which can achieve some continuity, he'll start to fill the net.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Enjoy watching this player. Lots of energy, smart, and pushes the play up ice all the time. Still not sure who he works well with. Saw some flashes of he and Horvat figuring things out last game. Hope it's the start of something more.

Not sure you should load up a line with Hoglander and him though. Too much of the same and there's diminishing returns. That is, unless you want to form an elite 3rd line with them. But we don't have the right center make up for that.

As I said, still hard to see how to optimally deploy him, much as I like the player.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
He had a great game yesterday. Hes so creative & shifty. Liked what I saw between he & Horvat.

Miller/Pettersson's line can make something happen on any shift, and I got the same feeling with Horvat/Garland last game the way Garland was cycling & trying to create.

So nice to have 2 lines you feel can be dangerous.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Him and OEL never got the memo to pace themselves and relax so they can play the whole pp and the last 2 minutes. They hustle and forecheck eventhough OEL is a dman. Great start for these two. Hope rest of the team catches up. We need Garland's passion.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Him and OEL never got the memo to pace themselves and relax so they can play the whole pp and the last 2 minutes. They hustle and forecheck eventhough OEL is a dman. Great start for these two. Hope rest of the team catches up. We need Garland's passion.

I feel these 2 players are energizing this team. Need more from Pettersson and Bozo.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
If I were still giving this organisation money, Garland would be the jersey I buy.

Feisty, no shits given player while also possessing a truck load of skill. Highly underrated playmaker.

All this being "undersized".
Just offer someone 20 bucks (plus cost) to buy it for ya then slip it on and call him a Aquilini boot licker

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad