Rumor: Conor Garland Contract / Trade Rumors (UPD: Coyotes are "very much trying to move")

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
DUMB THEORY ALERT: I wonder if BA is passive-aggressively hoping that Seattle will tender an offer to Garland as their pick in the expansion draft in order to get some draft assets back.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think the core may be just Chychrun. Everything else on the table.
Of course everyone else is on the table, but realistically, you can't trade all of your top five players in one year.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
DUMB THEORY ALERT: I wonder if BA is passive-aggressively hoping that Seattle will tender an offer to Garland as their pick in the expansion draft in order to get some draft assets back.

Garland gets protected, the only way he can be poached should be with a regular offer sheet, unless I have misunderstood.?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Garland's compensation is only a first and a third for an AAV in his wheelhouse. He's worth more than that in trade.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Garland's compensation is only a first and a third for an AAV in his wheelhouse. He's worth more than that in trade.

Can't trade him for a year after that offer sheet has been matched. Win - win. :thumbu:

Reactions: Jakey53

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Would Garland + Kuemper to Colorado for a warm body and a handful of picks the next 2 years be possible if Colorado has decided they won't be brining Landy back?

Avs will be picking late. There was chatter earlier (Friedman I believe) that said the Coyotes do not want late picks for Garland. Optics wise, a trade like that is a really hard sell.

Garland's likely ask vs his on ice impact is actually really good, so that works in AZ's favor when trying to find a trade partner.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
What I'm trying to say is that Chych isn't the only core player we have.
Maybe. Who else do u consider untouchable? Garland if he had a contract? Dvorak? Soderstrom if u believe he’s legit? I dont know if i have Keller here anymore.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Avs will be picking late. There was chatter earlier (Friedman I believe) that said the Coyotes do not want late picks for Garland. Optics wise, a trade like that is a really hard sell.

Garland's likely ask vs his on ice impact is actually really good, so that works in AZ's favor when trying to find a trade partner.
Ah missed that, changes things if that's the case. Also closes the door on probably half the league.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Maybe. Who else do u consider untouchable? Garland if he had a contract? Dvorak? Soderstrom if u believe he’s legit? I dont know if i have Keller here anymore.
You don't have to be untouchable to be part of the core. Hell, if we are being honest Chych shouldn't be untouchable. Every player on this team should be available for the right price.

Reactions: Heldig and RemoAZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad