Friedman: Conor Garland available?

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
There has to be an underlying issue here.

He was drafted way later than he should have given the outrageous season he had at the time.

Was traded away from a rebuilding franchise even though he was their best forward and still young.

And now not even a year into his new team he is available again.

What’s up?

Is he a jerk in the locker room or something? Because I can't imagine why a guy this talented would potentially be available again.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
So now NYR wants garland+ miller.... can’t wait to see LaF+kakko+Schneider+ shesty+ 4 1sts from some of the Van faithful....

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I’d love him with the Avs, wanted him when the Yotes were rumoured to want to move him. Kid has underrated skills and so much heart.
nathan-mackinnon-goavsgo.gif

Reactions: wankstifier

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Vancouver should keep their team together and add a top defenceman in the offseason. Give Boudreau a full season and you'll see similar results as Sutter has delivered in Calgary. Making moves just for the sake of making moves is dumb but that's Rutherford.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Vancouver should keep their team together and add a top defenceman in the offseason. Give Boudreau a full season and you'll see similar results as Sutter has delivered in Calgary. Making moves just for the sake of making moves is dumb but that's Rutherford.

Vancouver has no cap space and no picks/prospects thanks to Benning, so how do you propose they acquire this "top defenseman"?

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Vancouver has no cap space and no picks/prospects thanks to Benning, so how do you propose they acquire this "top defenseman"?

Move a forward; I was moreso responding that it seems the Canucks are going into sell mode rather than keeping the group together.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Move a forward; I was moreso responding that it seems the Canucks are going into sell mode rather than keeping the group together.

I think JR and Co. are just trying to make sense of the mess Benning has created. Just because Friedman says there's talk of Garland being out there doesn't mean the Canucks are looking to dump him, they could just be doing their due diligence and gauging player values.

Reactions: The Poacher

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Package includes a 1st and a grade A prospect. However, I would say it’s certainly a notch below Miller.

You’re not getting a sSchneider but maybe you get a Lundqvist….

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
I think JR and Co. are just trying to make sense of the mess Benning has created. Just because Friedman says there's talk of Garland being out there doesn't mean the Canucks are looking to dump him, they could just be doing their due diligence and gauging player values.
That's how I look at it as well. Just because Friedman says teams are talking doesn't mean it is going to happen. So many people want to discredit him because talking or suggesting doesn't lead to a trade.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That's how I look at it as well. Just because Friedman says teams are talking doesn't mean it is going to happen. So many people want to discredit him because talking or suggesting doesn't lead to a trade.
GMs call other GMs about players. It’s their job.
Who leaked it? Who knows. Does it benefit an acquiring team to do that? Probably not because it may trigger other GMs to call and ask what the price would be from their club. If the canucks received 2-3 calls on him maybe they leak it to entice more inquiries to see what the market bears

Miller being out there is more logical given his age and contract status expiring in 2023 and turning 30 when he hits ufa.

JR isn’t just going to run with Benning team as it has flaws. BB is 11-4-4 in his 19 games for 26 points with the Canucks. But that included a 7-0 start and they’ve been 3-4-3 in their last 10 games while dealing with Covid issues and being off for a good 10 days due to postponements before a really tough road trip. They will be hard pressed to keep up this pace in their final 38 games. If they did they would finish at 96 points. But a record of 22-8-8 is no easy task.

definitely have to see what the market is for the roster and figure out who to keep and who to try to move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad