Connor McDavid vs Jack Eichel - Round V

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
But he isn't..... Lemieux had 4 PPG in his last season in junior. I am sorry but Lemieux has his own tier and he is on it by himself. Below him are the McDavids and Crosbys.

Check the Q scoring levels back then. Players that never even had a chance to make the NHL put up huge scoring totals in that league.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Check the Q scoring levels back then. Players that never even had a chance to make the NHL put up huge scoring totals in that league.

okay i will one sec......

Okay so what i saw is that Lemieux had 112 points more than the 2nd place person....

If we take McDavid's production and apply it to the same amount of games Strome played he would have been in the lead by 44. That is an exceptional amount, don't get me wrong, but it is not anywhere near Lemieux, regardless of league or era. Lemieux had almost 3 times the lead McDavid would have had if he hadn't gotten injured.

Velo

Jan 10, 2012
Do you watch Sabres games? Have you seen how many times Eichel has given his linemates wide open nets, which they shoot wide of/into the post near/into the shins of a defender? This line isn't even right, he almost never has had those two on the ice with him at the same time. He was with Kane, who should have at least 3 goals if not for missing wide open nets, off of Eichel passes, and Gionta, who kills plays the second they hit his stick. You all can say we're making excuses, but we're the ones watching the games.
I can just as easily point out several times where McDavid's linemates should've scored too, so *really* McDavid should have WAY more points than he has. That's a silly argument.

I've watched just about every Sabres (and Oilers) games so far this season for the sole reason of watching Eichel and McDavid (as I'm neither a Sabres nor Oilers fan). Eichel just hasn't impressed me all that much - most of the time he's nearly invisible.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I can just as easily point out several times where McDavid's linemates should've scored too, so *really* McDavid should have WAY more points than he has. That's a silly argument.

I've watched just about every Sabres (and Oilers) games so far this season for the sole reason of watching Eichel and McDavid (as I'm neither a Sabres nor Oilers fan). Eichel just hasn't impressed me all that much - most of the time he's nearly invisible.

You guys are right. You have brought me over to your side. Looking for a trading partner to send Eichel packing! A conditional 4th oughta do it!

Last edited:

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco

Okay so what i saw is that Lemieux had 112 points more than the 2nd place person....

If we take McDavid's production and apply it to the same amount of games Strome played he would have been in the lead by 44. That is an exceptional amount, don't get me wrong, but it is not anywhere near Lemieux, regardless of league or era. Lemieux had almost 3 times the lead McDavid would have had if he hadn't gotten injured.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is HILARIOUS!

No that is not how you adjust for league scoring levels. Using that logic, Gretzky became a shell of his former self the instant Lemieux joined the league and started putting up similar numbers. Hahaha, I assume you're smarter than that, but funny joke.

McDavid's totals last year = 3.65 PPG in 1983-84 Q. Pretty damn close to Lemieux, and that's with better defensive play, and going up against tougher competition.

schpaff

Sep 4, 2005

Wowza...this crazy speak. If you think Jack has been invisible, your not watching. Joke

Carry on...the ants are marching wildly.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is HILARIOUS!

No that is not how you adjust for league scoring levels. Using that logic, Gretzky became a shell of his former self the instant Lemieux joined the league and started putting up similar numbers. Hahaha, I assume you're smarter than that, but funny joke.

McDavid's totals last year = 3.65 PPG in 1983-84 Q. Pretty damn close to Lemieux, and that's with better defensive play, and going up against tougher competition.

I think its also worth noting when looking at Lemieux's Q stats is that Pat Lafontaine put up 3.34ppg the year before that, and while he was a very very good player, I don't think you'd find anyone who would call him generational. The stat comparison for different era's just isn't a very strong argument imo.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
But he isn't..... Lemieux had 4 PPG in his last season in junior. I am sorry but Lemieux has his own tier and he is on it by himself. Below him are the McDavids and Crosbys.

David Conte who has been a scout for over 30 years, he was asked who are the best players he's ever seen,

Connor McDavid was number 1 on his list.

https://twitter.com/TSNHockey/status/651222503407222785/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
David Conte who has been a scout for over 30 years, he was asked who are the best players he's ever seen,

Connor McDavid was number 1 on his list.

https://twitter.com/TSNHockey/status/651222503407222785/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

And there was a whole thread dedicated to ripping this list apart. He is using revisionist history to say how he is the best scout ever. He has some picks on that list that didn't even go 1st overall so either he is saying he wouldn't have taken the consensus 1st over all picks in those years and has godlike powers of perception or he is bending the truth to make himself seem that way.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008

Looking at it through percentages is really the only unbiased way to do it.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Eichel is on pace for 30 goals/0 assists, obviously hes selfish and doesn't use his teammates. :sarcasm:

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
The lack of assists for Eichel has been a truly unique viewing experience. He consistently sets people up with exquisite feeds in dangerous areas and somehow they either miss the net, kiss the iron or find the goalie instead of a gaping net.

Its been so bizaare.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The lack of assists for Eichel has been a truly unique viewing experience. He consistently sets people up with exquisite feeds in dangerous areas and somehow they either miss the net, kiss the iron or find the goalie instead of a gaping net.

Its been so bizaare.

That's because the Sabres are shooting at an unreasonably low shooting percentage right now. Once their shooting percentage starts to approach the mean players will start rack up some assists.

Velo

Jan 10, 2012
Wowza...this crazy speak. If you think Jack has been invisible, your not watching. Joke

Carry on...the ants are marching wildly.
What part of "most of the time" and "nearly" gave you so much trouble?

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa

Its been so bizaare.

So does Mc David.

On top of this, one goalie literally stole one of his goals with a 1 in 1000 hail mary stick flop, and the Refs stole another one last night. So lets not frame Eichel as the one as unlucky here.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
So does Mc David.

On top of this, one goalie literally stole one of his goals with a 1 in 1000 hail mary stick flop, and the Refs stole another one last night. So lets not frame Eichel as the one as unlucky here.

Good thing he didn't say anything about McDavid or comparing the lack of "luck" to one another.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
So does Mc David.

I don't think his post was intended to excuse why Eichel has less points. He was just sharing an observation, which is true. No doubt McDavid should have a few more points too.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
So does Mc David.

Ugh, this is such a pointless post. That poster was making an observation about Eichel's play (and he and the Sabres have indeed been very unlucky so far). Responding by talking about McDavid is not responding.

Velo

Jan 10, 2012
If you mean he's been invisible for the ~40 minutes he's not on the ice, then maybe you're onto something.
Nope. Outside of that first game he's been inconsistent at best. The last game against the Devils he wasn't very effective at all, even with the goal.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Nope. Outside of that first game he's been inconsistent at best. The last game against the Devils he wasn't very effective at all, even with the goal.

Every Sabre fan will tell you the New Jersey game was his worst game of the year.

The rest of what you said is absolute complete horse ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad