Connor McDavid Playoff Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Not all of us can have a guy like Tanner Glass who can put the puck in the back of the net at will. He'll get there hopefully.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Was at the game, so might have missed some of the smaller things you get on tv but it seemed one of the most pedestrian games I've seen him play all year. Have zero concerns going forward though. He's way too good to have another like that anytime soon.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Was at the game, so might have missed some of the smaller things you get on tv but it seemed one of the most pedestrian games I've seen him play all year. Have zero concerns going forward though. He's way too good to have another like that anytime soon.

Playoff nerves. In a few years if Oilers go far I can see him having a Malkin like 2008/09 like run (36 points).

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Playoff nerves. In a few years if Oilers go far I can see him having a Malkin like 2008/09 like run (36 points).

I actually expected the crazy building was going to work against us last night because the Sharks have been deep and heard some loud buildings but our young guys and even the ones who have been here during the decade of darkness have never heard anything like that before. We jokingly call Rogers the library here because it's so quiet during the regular season. I know we got out to the 2-0 lead but they got in a little trouble with some suspect calls and just absolutely folded. If we had won, it would have been like some games we won against the Sharks this year where we were outshot 2 to 1 but got lucky.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
The building was crazy though. I was really tempted to take the money for my seats because I lost my job this winter but the energy was a lot of fun to experience. The 1000 people in their seats an hour early had a louder "Let's go, Oilers!" chant going than I've heard all year in that building.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The building was crazy though. I was really tempted to take the ,only for my seats because I lost my job this winter but the energy was a lot of fun to experience. The 1000 people in their seats an hour early had a louder "Let's go, Oilers!" chant going than over heard all year in that building.

I've tuned in at some point to every playoff game and our building definitely sounded the loudest (even with the Sportsnet crowd volume down).

The Sharks deserved the win, but I really think all of those penalties stymied any flow to the game. I think we'll come out strong in the next one.

As for McDavid, he picked up a point and had a couple breakaways, yet this was by his standards an underwhelming game. But that's the standard he needs to be held to, he'll bounce back.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Crosby had 0 goals, 4 assists, and an even +/- rating against San Jose in the finals.

McDavid is significantly better than Crosby and will likely score at a higher clip throughout the series. The reasons the Penguins won was because they had superior depth to San Jose.

This. Kessel on the 3rd line destroyed us.

goggog

Sep 2, 2006
Canada
So you're that guy who gets mad I insulted your girlfriend and rather than defend her, you insult my girlfriend in return. Almost like a "your mom" joke.

I mean really, lets go look at a users posts and find a way to insult whatever team he likes. You crushed it bro...

I actually am a Jagr fan first and foremost, but live in Colorado now so the Avalanche have become my adopted team. In respect to the years you are referencing, I was following the Penguins, so your post did nothing for me.

Sorry, but where was his insult? Is anything he said about the Avalanche franchise wrong?
Regardless if they are your "adopted team" They still sucked before and their championships are based on their previous failures. That is a fact.
BTW remind me how the Penguins' acquired their core players?

On topic, it was a relatively poor game by McDavid, but his entire line (and forward corps) played like ass. Still thought he was the Oilers' best skater

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Where's the Auston Matthews Performance Playoff Performance Thread? He looked awful and looks like his game won't match the Playoffs with his style of play. Heck, he couldn't even muster a point! and he's -1. Bust I say. :sarcasm:

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016
100% agree on him personally. I just hope he spends the next 8-9 seasons sniffing the Cup, but coming up short, then he leaves and is part of a dynasty literally anywhere but Edmonton. I hate that the Oilers franchise was rewarded for being useless for so many seasons.

No need to tell us that, we already knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad