Connor McDavid Playing With His PCL Torn In Half

doorbag

Jun 26, 2008
What a yikes post.

This is a message board. People can form opinions.

Do you question everyone if they are a scout when make opinions on prospects.

Are they a coach when they talk about game strategies?

Are we a GM if we question a trade or signing?

Feel free to voice your opinion but don’t get offended or act surprised when people point out that you probably have no idea what you’re talking about.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
I'm asking why it's stupid

I mean, Chara has played without one for 5 years

You were condescending like his opinion doesnt matter unless hes a doctor.

To answer your question though, Chara doesnt play a speed game and is also the exception not the norm.

Dont think The Oilers should gamble like this. Mcdavid cant help himself because he has that professional athlete mentality which is why the Oiler org should be the ones making this desicion. Howver after a decade of darkness, no irony intented, i can see why it would be important for Katz to make money now, asap. Short-sighted

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

To answer your question though, Chara doesnt play a speed game and is also the exception not the norm.

Dont think The Oilers should gamble like this. Mcdavid cant help himself because he has that professional athlete mentality which is why the Oiler org should be the ones making this desicion. Howver after a decade of darkness, no irony intented, i can see why it would be important for Katz to make money now, asap. Short-sighted
:dunce: No surprise, the poster with the name "FreeMcdavid" has no clue what he's talking about and thinks the Oilers rushed McDavid back.

Maybe wait until the documentary comes out or read about PCL injury recovery instead of jumping to stupid conclusions because you don't like the team.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

The irony of a poster named "FreeMcDavid" wants to do the exact opposite....lol
if you even watchde the trailer instead of making ignorant comments, you'd know Katz has nothing to do with this

this was McDavid's decision and his alone

Reactions: North

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
:dunce: No surprise, the poster with the name "FreeMcdavid" has no clue what he's talking about and thinks the Oilers rushed McDavid back.

I dont think they rushed him back, i think they stood idle and let Mcdavid decide what he wants to do.

I love Mcdavid, and trust me id be the very last person to come back in here and say " i told you so" if something was to ever happen. Lets hope it doesnt get to that because the poop storm that would come down on the Oiler org would be unprecedented.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Wow. Well that's awesome how well he's currently playing...but that has to be risky for longevity sake? Especially if doctor's urged him to get the surgery.

If I'm the Oilers I would've shut him down. He's 23 and your franchise. If this has any potential to impact his ability why play with fire? It's not like this was the year for the Oilers to compete... knee's are a fragile thing and for a guy that makes his living on high speed plays...can you imagine the outrage on the Oilers management/physicians if he did further damage his knee?

Seems short sighted to me...but it seems like Oiler fans are cool with it. It'd worry me if he were on my team.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
The irony of a poster named "FreeMcDavid" wants to do the exact opposite....lol
if you even watchde the trailer instead of making ignorant comments, you'd know Katz has nothing to do with this

this was McDavid's decision and his alone

i dont think youre understanding me.

I understand this was Mcdavid's decision. He is an athlete. They all think that way.

Its on the organization to make hard decisions and not gamble and take risk on their Franchise player and the best player in the world for possible short term gain.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Isn’t it relatively common to not get surgery for a torn PCL?

It’s more ACL tears when surgery becomes mandatory.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Wow. Well that's awesome how well he's currently playing...but that has to be risky for longevity sake? Especially if doctor's urged him to get the surgery.

If I'm the Oilers I would've shut him down. He's 23 and your franchise. If this has any potential to impact his ability why play with fire? It's not like this was the year for the Oilers to compete... knee's are a fragile thing and for a guy that makes his living on high speed plays...can you imagine the outrage on the Oilers management/physicians if he did further damage his knee?

Seems short sighted to me...but it seems like Oiler fans are cool with it. It'd worry me if he were on my team.
doctors allowed Crosby to play with a broke neck...they aren't always right

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
He's doing it because he knows there is nobody else to step up and carry the team if he bails out. Not good for his career health, though.

Reactions: FreeMcdavid

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
doctors allowed Crosby to play with a broke neck...they'd aren't always right

Ok. You realize they misdiagnosed this as a concussion and it took about a year for someone to realize 'o his neck is broke'. That entire staff was immediately fired.

This is a properly diagnosed injury. Again maybe you can recover from a torn PCL, no surgery. But if I approved this...I'd be on pins and needles bc if he further damages himself. You lose your job.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I dont think they rushed him back, i think they stood idle and let Mcdavid decide what he wants to do.

I love Mcdavid, and trust me id be the very last person to come back in here and say " i told you so" if something was to ever happen.

haha. I bet.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FreeMcdavid

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
The "torn lining in the back of his knee joint" sounds like the worst thing long-term. Damaged articular cartilage will lead to degenerative knee damage, especially if it's not treated surgically. Unfortunately, the most effective procedures have lengthy recovery times, but it doesn't sound good to me that he isn't looking to protect his future, the league is better with him in it playing at a high level.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
doctors allowed Crosby to play with a broke neck...they aren't always right

lol so now youre questioning Doctors too?

no convincing you.

The pressure just mounted 10x for the Oilers org though. Imagine risking your franchise through all of this and still missing the playoffs. Short Term gain goes away and the possible long term risk and effect still exists... lose lose.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Ok. You realize they misdiagnosed this as a concussion and it took about a year for someone to realize 'o his neck is broke'. That entire staff was immediately fired.

This is a properly diagnosed injury. Again maybe you can recover from a torn PCL, no surgery. But if I approved this...I'd be on pins and needles bc if he further damages himself. You lose your job.
is it? is surgery really the way to go? will that completely fix him or make it worse? no one knows for sure since we've seen doctors screw up before (see: Crosby)

ultimately it comes down to the individual

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
lol so now youre questioning Doctors too?

no convincing you.
of course I am...they've been wrong before as evidence by the Crosby misdiagnosis LOL

The pressure just mounted 10x for the Oilers org though. Imagine risking your franchise through all of this and still missing the playoffs. Short Term gain goes away and the possible long term risk and effect still exists... lose lose.
pure speculation and fantasy on your part

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad