Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part VI: Hart, Ross and Lindsay Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
This is just Burke’s opinion, McDavid loves Edmonton, he signed for 8 years and built a mansion overlooking the best river valley in North America. The kid will retire here after winning cups and will be the next GM when he decides you heard it first here folks. GOILERS

How are you and your friends at CalgaryPuck doing? Hope you guys enjoy Lucic.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
More trash from a Toronto publication.

They’re salty about Marner and Matthews wanting out of their cesspool.

So much for the “Big 3 all taking team friendly discounts” Leafs fans were propagating. The only thing they’re taking” is Dubas to the woodshed.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
My buddy was at Biosteel. McDavid was doing on ice sessions with just a couple people on the ice. He can barely move.

That's not even McDavid. Just a body double to trick people into still buying season tickets. The real McDavid is frozen in a lab, awaiting a day when medical technology can catch up and fix his knee. They decided to stop him from aging so none of his prime will be wasted.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
My buddy was at Biosteel. McDavid was doing on ice sessions with just a couple people on the ice. He can barely move.

Think you are going to need more than that.

Who is your buddy. Why should we believe either of you.

Barely moving for McDavid or barely moving period? Barely moving period doesn't make sense why he would even be at biosteel.

Does he have a brace on?

Was he barely moving because he had just finished a leg work out already...

Yeah...

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Doing drills on the ice involving turning and acceleration. Looking like Lucic out there. Bit of hyperbole but he apparently looks like he's very clearly injured.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Its not that far off from what some media reports earlier in this thread have said. He is skating but not doing full drills at anything close to full speed.

“He’s skating, but it’s light skating,” said the source who did not want to be identified. “He’s not skating at the level where he can do drills yet.”

And to be honest everything has been so hush hush around him that I think that is probably a fairly accurate report. This is the Oilers we are talking about. If he was killing it and going to be fine for camp the local media would be shouting it from the rooftops.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
PCL is a serious injury. Most athletes miss a season after that or an ACL injury. He’s young and in excellent shape so he’ll recover fast but I wouldn’t expect him to be 100% until around December/January.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
PCL is a serious injury. Most athletes miss a season after that or an ACL injury. He’s young and in excellent shape so he’ll recover fast but I wouldn’t expect him to be 100% until around December/January.
The level of intervention required and recovery time depends on the grade and location of the tear along with the surrounding tissue injury. That's why most recovery timelines one hears are inappropriate because they are generalities that don't consider the details of that person's specific injury.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Maybe the Oilers shouldn't have sent out to go mini-golf a day after his injury cause season tickets and all.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Even past then. Not opting for surgery comes with risks and he could honestly not be 100% til the 2020-2021 season. This whole season could be a total loss by how things are looking. He is nowhere near ready to be on a NHL rink and the season is in a month.

How the hell does he go from being barely able to turn out there to skating in NHL games in 30 days? Not even remotely possible.

Best case scenario he is back after Christmas.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Best case scenario he is back after Christmas.

I'm sure this will be popular opinion, but if this is the case then so be it. This guy is the franchise, he's bigger than this season.

I still think these sorts of doom and gloom predictions are premature, though. The season may be a month away but Christmas is almost 4.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

Most people said 12-18 months for full recovery when the injury happened. I'm not sure why people are surprised now to hear that he isn't ready 5 months later. He likely won't be fully healed until next season. This year was always about "seeing if he could play at 75%" and "not re-injuring things".

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm sure this will be popular opinion, but if this is the case then so be it. This guy is the franchise, he's bigger than this season.

I still think these sorts of doom and gloom predictions are premature, though. The season may be a month away but Christmas is almost 4.

Exactly. McDavid's health is infinitely more important than the outcome of this season. A season where, even with a fully healthy McDavid, we aren't likely to make the playoffs anyhow.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Doing drills on the ice involving turning and acceleration. Looking like Lucic out there. Bit of hyperbole but he apparently looks like he's very clearly injured.
You have basically decided that his leg has all but fallen off and the end is nigh, so maybe you're unreliable at this point.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Most people said 12-18 months for full recovery when the injury happened. I'm not sure why people are surprised now to hear that he isn't ready 5 months later. He likely won't be fully healed until next season. This year was always about "seeing if he could play at 75%" and "not re-injuring things".

Most people? I dont recall hearing a single person suggest that time frame.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I’d rather Mcdavid miss a month of the season and be 100% ready then come back early and reinjure his leg.
Ya. Of course. Health is important at the end of the day. If he’s not ready come the start of the season, so be it. No use worrying about it. He will be ready when he’s ready.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I don't have a general worry for McDavid's mental health, but I hope he, or the team, has a sport psychologist so he doesn't get in his own head about having this first major leg injury. I don't suppose that will happen, but always good to cover all bases.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Think of all the cap space if Mcdavid misses the season!!!

But seriously, we all knew as well as the players that this year was going to be a writeoff/developmental/assessment year. It seems like Holland’s plan is to see and develop what we have then make a splash next off season.

I still think this is a playoff team if our D and goaltending play well.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
For me, there are a few reasons why I'd be ok with McDavid missing the start of the season.

Obviously the #1 priority is him getting back to full health.

In his absence, other guys will have to step up, possibly including young guys like Benson/Yams/Marody. (And Drai can really learn to center his own line, shutting up guys on HF).

And when McDavid does come back, the team will have a huge morale boost, maybe making a push for the playoffs.

And if we don't, then the lack of McDavid will make our record worse, increasing our chances at Lafrenriere/Byfield/Raymond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad