Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part VI: Hart, Ross and Lindsay Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Art Ross is very unlikely for him with the missed games but if he can somehow come within 5 points I think he takes home the Lindsay again

If he has the same or better ppg and wills us to the playoffs he'd have to be a shoe in for the Hart I'd think? The media craps on our team every chance that they get so how do you turn him down for the Hart if he wills this sad sack team to the playoffs?

the4thlinegrinder

Jul 25, 2011
The Bench
McDavid is a special player because it is truly him versus the field. Some years he will win, some years a Kucherov/MacKinnon/Marner type player will have a career year and win it. That’s the difference: it’s either a regular McDavid season or career year for someone else. It’ll be that way for the next 6+ years.

Reactions: Aerrol

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Is it funny/sad to anyone else that people are now questioning his greatness (and anointing Kuch as the better player) because Connor's not going to win the Ross this season? Like were people actually expecting him to win the scoring race every single year for the next decade?? Feels like that's the only way he would fit HF's definition of 'generational' :huh:

McDavid is a MUCH better player than Kucherov, and this is coming from a pretty big Kucherov fan. I don't see anybody claiming (other than maybe some TB homers) that would be claiming otherwise.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
The reason he does not get all the calls, is because he is fast enough, to power through most of the hooks..
Other guys like , crying Johnny flop onto the ice, as soon as they feel a stick touch them.

McDavids grit, and determination is unmatched in the NHL..

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019
Connor going to go on a 13 game heater and lead us into the playoffs.

He will finish with 127 pts and win the Art Ross and Hart.

At least I hope he does

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Connor Mcdavid is an Edmonton oiler. I just love writing that. Still surreal after 4 years that he is an oiler.
Crazy how many non-oilers fans get jealous knowing that.
So grateful to have on our team. We have to count our blessings and enjoy every game he plays wearing the orange and blue.

Reactions: MikeYEG

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
If the Oilers miss the playoffs once again, could we see Connor McDavid ask out of Edmonton in the near future?

LeBrun:
Well not any time soon, if ever, really. But I can tell you this. My understanding is Connor McDavid is fully invested in seeing this franchise turn things around. Obviously the general manager hire looms large and so does the coaching decision. He’s part of wanting this to go right. He’s not looking for reasons to look elsewhere so that’s important. It’s not surprising. If you know Connor McDavid you know he’s not looking for any copouts. But I will say this and this is just my own opinion. If this is still the way things are in Edmonton in three years, who knows. I mean he signed a long-term deal but at this point it’s silly for anyone to think that he would want out.
https://www.tsn.ca/insider-trading-if-oilers-miss-playoffs-don-t-expect-mcdavid-to-ask-out-1.1273544

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I really hope that the new GM can surround Connor with players that can elevate his production to its peak. It's a tragedy that he's likely not making the postseason again and that he doesn't have the firepower around him to win a 3rd straight Art Ross barring an insane run from him and a poor stretch or injury from Kucherov.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
No Art Ross or Hart this year but I wonder if the players still give him the Lindsay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad