Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part VI: Hart, Ross and Lindsay Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Boos. Like fans booing them.

He was just saying that the team as a whole needs to buy in. What Inget from it is that the team was dysfunctional under TMac and it’s getting better, but they still don’t play as a unit out there.
Aaah, ok. Thanks!

I thought he slipped thinking about something else :laugh:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Why? We've all been wondering the same thing for the past couple months.
No "we" have not.

Everything I see with McD says he's a good kid an amazing professional. He took the C and probably not lightly, it is his team. He won't be leaving anytime soon.

Reactions: oobga

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
No "we" have not.

Everything I see with McD says he's a good kid an amazing professional. He took the C and probably not lightly, it is his team. He won't be leaving anytime soon.

I do see McDavid as a guy where his mind is always going to push him to what he can do better to make the most of his situation. He's not a sulker, he is not the type to be looking for people to blame. That said, if this team still does nothing for the next 6 years, he is not going to be signing an extension.

These management losers we keep around have been failing far longer than 6 years, so that's not actually that much time. But they are on the clock, they better know they are on the clock. It's probably going to take a very high end GM 2-3 years to get this disaster on track again, and that only leaves a few more years to make McDavid very optimistic about his present and his future in Edmonton before he starts considering an extension.

Reactions: Aerrol

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I do see McDavid as a guy where his mind is always going to push him to what he can do better to make the most of his situation. He's not a sulker, he is not the type to be looking for people to blame. That said, if this team still does nothing for the next 6 years, he is not going to be signing an extension.

These management losers we keep around have been failing far longer than 6 years, so that's not actually that much time. But they are on the clock, they better know they are on the clock. It's probably going to take a very high end GM 2-3 years to get this disaster on track again, and that only leaves a few more years to make McDavid very optimistic about his present and his future in Edmonton before he starts considering an extension.
I think it can be and will be quicker, but that's not the point.

If the team "culture" does not change I can see him playing out his contract and then go. In no world do I see him bailing, asking for a trade, before that. He's not that guy for the reason you mention, he'll carry this team on his back until his contract is up or until they trade him. I'd even bet he'll resign even if the situation is not great. I could be wrong about that though. Someone mentioned Sundin, as a Swede I see him as a good example/comparison. He wanted to win with TOR, nothing else. He only left when he was asked by management. I think he is not the only one of course, but the only one I can think of now.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
As of right now amongst player who have played 30+ games this year McDavid sits at 83rd in terms of penalties drawn per 60 minutes. This should require an investigation by the League.

I understand that things go uncalled for all stars (I think that's dumb too but that's beside the point), but seeing how Connor is treated by the refs really makes me think Crosby had it right after all in whining all the time. I've watched plenty of stars in this league very closely - Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin especially but also Tavares, Kane etc and none of them have had to put up with the amount of garbage McDavid does every f***ing year. It's ridiculous.

I know that photo of McDavid scoring with literally three Flyers draped all over him looks cool and is super impressive, but it also is a perfect example of the ABSURD amount of interference the refs let every f***ing team get away with on McDavid. Christ.

Reactions: TB12

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I understand that things go uncalled for all stars (I think that's dumb too but that's beside the point), but seeing how Connor is treated by the refs really makes me think Crosby had it right after all in whining all the time. I've watched plenty of stars in this league very closely - Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin especially but also Tavares, Kane etc and none of them have had to put up with the amount of garbage McDavid does every ****ing year. It's ridiculous.

I know that photo of McDavid scoring with literally three Flyers draped all over him looks cool and is super impressive, but it also is a perfect example of the ABSURD amount of interference the refs let every ****ing team get away with on McDavid. Christ.
I agree. Its really a sad way to operate in a business that is suppose to be about entertainment.

Reactions: Aerrol

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I agree. Its really a sad way to operate in a business that is suppose to be about entertainment.

The NHL is the only pro-sports team in the world that I am aware of that goes out of its way to punish star players. Every other league does their best to protect and help the stars. The NHL, in it's never-ending desire for parity, ignores multiple calls against stars every game. It's not just McDavid, it happens to all the other teams stars as well, we just happen to have the biggest star so therefore have the most to complain about.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Barnaby and Kouleas on the radio today basically give Connor 2 more years for the Oilers to turn this mess around before he wants out. I don't see them being close to a contender in 2 years. Pretty sobering thought even though its based on Connor's percieved frustration level only. But as everyone says, you can't blame him. 4 years in and he's playing on a line with Rattie and Lucic. Not much more needs to be said about this organization.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Anybody remember who used to be the first guy out there back in the Hall days? Just curious. Or was it always random guys.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
He's 1 point away from sharing the throne with Kucherov. 1 point. He was 9 pts back in January.
Lightning fans saying Connor will never catch up, seem to forget what happened last season

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Barnaby and Kouleas on the radio today basically give Connor 2 more years for the Oilers to turn this mess around before he wants out. I don't see them being close to a contender in 2 years. Pretty sobering thought even though its based on Connor's percieved frustration level only. But as everyone says, you can't blame him. 4 years in and he's playing on a line with Rattie and Lucic. Not much more needs to be said about this organization.

Shocking that eastern media would he saying this. I don't think they are wrong really, but they are so far removed from our situation that they don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Again, I don't think they are wrong. If this team isn't a playoff team for another 2 years, yeah, McDavid might start asking to be traded, and I wouldn't blame him at all.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
At the rookie camp his first year in Edmonton they had everyone do a similar drill. Watching McDavid it was like they had him sped up 2-3x compared to everyone else. IT was actually ridiculous.

It really is simply ridiculous what he can do. I used to rag on his shot, but even that is now a plus in the league. It is now to the point where it wouldn't shock me if he finished his career with 2-3 seasons of 50+ goals. He just works and works and works. As much as we all hate our franchise (management), never lose sight of how lucky we are to watch this player every game.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Shocking that eastern media would he saying this. I don't think they are wrong really, but they are so far removed from our situation that they don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Again, I don't think they are wrong. If this team isn't a playoff team for another 2 years, yeah, McDavid might start asking to be traded, and I wouldn't blame him at all.
Barnaby is pretty fair - he's been hyping McDavid as on another planet, even above Crosby since he got into the league. So when he starts saying this, I believe him. I believe it myself anyway. The company is a disaster - who would want to stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad