Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part IV (Nominated For The Calder)

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Should I even care about who this "Lorenzo" guy is?

Some big names follow him. I would argue he has some connections. Either way, it's not much of a claim to make. Everyone knows he will be named at this point. The way he talked at Biosteel about it made it seem that he has already been informed of it by Chiarelli or McLellan.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I mentioned it once before, but I've heard the Oilers are considering a ceremony of sorts to name McDavid as captain. Might even have Gretzky make the announcement and hand him the jersey with a 'C' on it.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I mentioned it once before, but I've heard the Oilers are considering a ceremony of sorts to name McDavid as captain. Might even have Gretzky make the announcement and hand him the jersey with a 'C' on it.

I highly highly doubt it and if they do, that's ridiculous. I'm sure that McDavid wouldn't want to be part of such a charade.
However, it sounds like something the OBC would do and since they are still very prominent in the organization, maybe this ridiculousness will happen.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

They should have Gretzky hold a sword and Knight him, ...then have a torch to pass over...and as Connor stands to accept the torch, all the alumni bow before him.

now that would be a ceremony

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I hope they make as little a splash as possible. I'd be happy if it happened quietly. Why put more pressure on the kid?

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I highly highly doubt it and if they do, that's ridiculous. I'm sure that McDavid wouldn't want to be part of such a charade.
However, it sounds like something the OBC would do and since they are still very prominent in the organization, maybe this ridiculousness will happen.

I really hope they don't too. It would be super corny and over-the-top.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
They should have Gretzky hold a sword and Knight him, ...then have a torch to pass over...and as Connor stands to accept the torch, all the alumni bow before him.

Release the stone of shame. Attach the stone of triumph!

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Well if they do have any kind of ceremony involved at all, let's just hope Emperor Katz doesn't have a speaking roll.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I hope they make as little a splash as possible. I'd be happy if it happened quietly. Why put more pressure on the kid?

Really?

It's a professional sport and winning should be the expectation.

After a decade out of the playoffs perhaps it is time for this team to get a little more grit to them and not worry about putting 'too much pressure' on someone with something as minor, and fan friendly, as making a bit of a spectacle out of awarding the captaincy.

Admittedly Gretz being there could be a bit cheezey, but whatever they decide to do the 'too much pressure' argument should have little to no consideration.

Speaking of which...that dude got big. real big. He's no longer the small fat sideshow bob wannabe.

'Dude' went through his growth spurt over a year ago. He was noticeably taller last year at the draft.

Fat wannabe? :shakehead

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

Don't forget the 97 naked virgins holding goblets of fire lined up on either side of his red carpet. If you're going to do it, do it right.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3