Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part IV (Nominated For The Calder)

McDeathbyCheerios*

Dude is a saiyan.

Gets heavily injured and comes back better than before.

Did it last year with his hand injury

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Until this game, I never realized the deep seated hurt in leafland over him coming here. They are counting down the days until 7 years is up.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Until this game, I never realized the deep seated hurt in leafland over him coming here. They are counting down the days until 7 years is up.

How conspiracy theories devoted to getting him. I dont think id like McDavid as much if he wasnt the fascination of every Leaf fan. That just makes it that much better to me. Like id love for him to get 5 points against any team, but to get it over the team pining for him is just even better

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
I'm in Ontario today and was listening to the nhl network radio on sirius radio. Bill Watters comes on saying how Connor being drafted by the Oilers is the absolute worst thing that could have happened to him and he feels bad from him worst luck in the world. Can feel my truck corroding around me driving through Ontario even the snow here is like sea water.

Logical McNonsense

Jul 3, 2015
Medicine Hat, AB
Io9m_L.gif

voEzcI.gif

Whoa :yo:

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

Meh there's always the minority who think the Leafs can and will land every big name. It's funny. :laugh:

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I'm in Ontario today and was listening to the nhl network radio on sirius radio. Bill Watters comes on saying how Connor being drafted by the Oilers is the absolute worst thing that could have happened to him and he feels bad from him worst luck in the world. Can feel my truck corroding around me driving through Ontario even the snow here is like sea water.

What a guy.

And yea, the highways are brutal. I made a trip from Toronto to Quebec City around Christmas and was very surprised the bottom hadn't fallen out of my car.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Not use to salt on the roads in Edmonton we use sand and gravel and just use de-icer on the bridges.
-28 and the roads here are melting like it's 10 above.

Niet

Feb 26, 2010
Edmonton

What is more amazing is that this discussion happens every time a good player comes out of the Toronto area and when is the last time it was actually fulfilled? Could he end up in Toronto? Lindros is the only one I can think of and he went there far after his prime. There was talks of Gretzky going there, never happened. Stamkos already seems to have been scared away from Toronto by the media.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
What is more amazing is that this discussion happens every time a good player comes out of the Toronto area and when is the last time it was actually fulfilled? Could he end up in Toronto? Lindros is the only one I can think of and he went there far after his prime. There was talks of Gretzky going there, never happened. Stamkos already seems to have been scared away from Toronto by the media.

How funny would this offseason be: Leafs finish dead last, but top 3 picks are grabbed by other teams in the lotto, pushing them to 4th and missing the top 3 (which is clear cut above the rest) and then Stamkos signs in Montreal July 1st. Toronto as a city would cease to exist

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton

Honestly I think he will sign there and then soon regret it because soon as things go wrong or bad for a bit it's gonna be just like with Kessel all over again.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Why 7 years? is there a max on RFA contracts that's shorter than UFA?

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
I'm saying this as a huge Edmonton fan, but while it's not a tragedy that he missed out on the LEAFS (that's idiotic), it might turn out to be a bit of a tragedy that he ended up here. The organization is just starting to fix its management issues and might get better, but this kid deserves a stanley cup and a good supporting cast, and last night was an indication of how ridiculous this could get if the fixes don't work. 5-2, 5 points. Rest of team doesn't show up. That's not something any great player deserves, and it has to go away, sooner than later.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Yeah thats weird, they should be counting down towards 11 years (3 years ELC, 8 year max contract). Then when hes 30 on the last year of his contract, and really wants to go to Toronto, well trade him to Toronto for a kings ransom

But thats in 11 friggen years, see everyone then haha :popcorn:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I'm saying this as a huge Edmonton fan, but while it's not a tragedy that he missed out on the LEAFS (that's idiotic), it might turn out to be a bit of a tragedy that he ended up here. The organization is just starting to fix its management issues and might get better, but this kid deserves a stanley cup and a good supporting cast, and last night was an indication of how ridiculous this could get if the fixes don't work. 5-2, 5 points. Rest of team doesn't show up. That's not something any great player deserves, and it has to go away, sooner than later.

True to alot of points. But hes coming here with a pretty stacked forward core of young forwards and wingers, plus shelter from 2 good centers. Dude rolls in and his first linemate is Jordan Eberle, and the next liney if it doesnt work out is Taylor Hall. Thats a pretty good landing spot

Just ask Eichel

Niet

Feb 26, 2010
Edmonton

Some fans have an elaborate plan where the Leafs offer a max 4 year offer sheet which, clearly, McDavid will sign because, well, because and then he signs with the Leafs after those 4 years are up.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Yeah thats weird, they should be counting down towards 11 years (3 years ELC, 8 year max contract). Then when hes 30 on the last year of his contract, and really wants to go to Toronto, well trade him to Toronto for a kings ransom

But thats in 11 friggen years, see everyone then haha :popcorn:

Oh good, I thought I was missing something. Maybe some of the more delusional Leaf fans think he'll only sign a 4 year deal after his ELC?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Some fans have an elaborate plan where the Leafs offer a max 4 year offer sheet which, clearly, McDavid will sign because, well, because and then he signs with the Leafs after those 4 years are up.

Whilst forgetting the very glaring point that almost no top young player makes it to RFA and are resigned in last year of ELC (as was Hall and co). Leafs could plan on offering him 15M a year, doesnt matter because he wont hear the offer.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Whilst forgetting the very glaring point that almost no top young player makes it to RFA and are resigned in last year of ELC (as was Hall and co). Leafs could plan on offering him 15M a year, doesnt matter because he wont hear the offer.

The fact that people out there think McDavid is going to be worried so much about money that he'll just sign any offer with the most money is funny. Do people not realize how much he's going to make off endorsements as the next face of the NHL?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

It'll be 10 more years before it's even conceivable.

Chiarelli will give him a piece of paper with 8years times BLANK million per year on it, tell him to write in what he wants, and the deal will be done.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
The fact that people out there think McDavid is going to be worried so much about money that he'll just sign any offer with the most money is funny. Do people not realize how much he's going to make off endorsements as the next face of the NHL?

McDavid will take the smart money. All it takes is a serious injury and all that endorsement money goes away. I'm not talking broken clavicle either, think Lindros or Savard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad