Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part IV (Nominated For The Calder)

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Calling on 488fitter to make a highlight vid of McDavids first 20 games :yo: Dude has enough highlights to make a 3-4 minute vid haha

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Calling on 488fitter to make a highlight vid of McDavids first 20 games :yo: Dude has enough highlights to make a 3-4 minute vid haha

I'm no fitter but I do have the most viewed mcdavid montage on YouTube atm lol, already collected a ton of clips for this year but I'm going to wait until the end of the year to put it out.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I'm no fitter but I do have the most viewed mcdavid montage on YouTube atm lol, already collected a ton of clips for this year but I'm going to wait until the end of the year to put it out.

lol, Im actually watching your vid right now I think!

Awesome vid. Id love to wtach the clips so far, but I can wait till end of the season. Im guessing the vid will be up in the ten minute mark :laugh:

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
lol, Im actually watching your vid right now I think!

Awesome vid. Id love to wtach the clips so far, but I can wait till end of the season. Im guessing the vid will be up in the ten minute mark :laugh:

Yup that's the one. I have some good b roll footage to this one and I'm going to take lots of time on it as well with editing. Need something to distract us from no playoffs :P

Tazer19

May 24, 2012
Does the core of this team respect McDavid?

Does the core of this team respect McDavid and understand what he represents to this organization?

Going back to the game in LA the other night...

McDavid gets greased from behind by Muzzin from behind right into the goal post and there isn't another Oiler in sight as he peals himself off the ice. Does this concern anyone else?? Anyone who comes near this kid should be getting a face wash MINIMUM. I get that LA is big and intimidating, but that shouldn't matter in this scenario. This kid is the FRANCHISE.

I wouldn't mind seeing Kassian on his line for a few shifts to see how they gel and if Kassian can make his life a little more comfortable out there. I'd like to think Kassian would have grabbed Muzzin on that play if he was on the ice. :help:

McDeathbyCheerios*

This team has never really stuck up for eachother.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Serious. McDavid is the core. Everyone else should be gone in the next 2 years. Does McDavid respect McDavid?

Tazer19

May 24, 2012
So then assuming this "core" is gone and who cares if they currently respect him, let me shift the discussion to: Could Kassian work on his line? could he be a poor man's lucic? or is the Kassian we see now his ceiling?

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005
What a great month for Connor since his return from injury! Anybody know how many points back of Eichel and panarin he was at his return?

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
Like I said in the PGT form yesterday. McDavid is the only player to have won rookie of the month twice. Panarin hasn't even won it once. Can a guy whose not won rookie of the month win rookie of the year?

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Like I said in the PGT form yesterday. McDavid is the only player to have won rookie of the month twice. Panarin hasn't even won it once. Can a guy whose not won rookie of the month win rookie of the year?

It's all up to the Professional Hockey Writer's Association. And I bet a lot of them aren't going to give it to a guy with parts of 7 KHL seasons under his belt. They'll give it to Gostisbehere.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
It's all up to the Professional Hockey Writer's Association. And I bet a lot of them aren't going to give it to a guy with parts of 7 KHL seasons under his belt. They'll give it to Gostisbehere.

I still say Larkin but still a bunch of games to go. I think McDavid is top 3 with a decent chance to win.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
If McDavid can get to 60 points or real close to it.. I think he deserves to win the Calder.

McDeathbyCheerios*

They won't, and shouldn't give it to someone who missed so many games.
Why not. If he ends up being 10-15 points back while playing many many less games while having multiple goalies having to make soty candidate saves just to stop him. Why wouldn't they. They only player that i think has a reasonable chance of beating him is Ghostbear.

McDeathbyCheerios*

He is tied with Ehlers and Duclair in 34 less games.

4 points back of Ghost in 16 less games (impressive for Ghost as a defensemen)

8 back of Larkin in 33 less games

26 points back of lead with 34 less games.

If he keeps up his pace till the end of the season he will end the season with 50 points. If he manages 60, absolutely deserves top spot.

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton

Haha oh I'll be making one don't you worry. But like 5-14-6-1 said, probably wait until the end of the season. Would hate to leave out anything spectacular. Chances are he continues to wow us in the remaining games. Kid is a beast and a movie makers dream lol.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
If he can crack 60 points the Calder is his. He's got a shot at this.

Not a chance. Panarin is having an outstanding year.

Meh there's always the minority who think the Leafs can and will land every big name. It's funny. :laugh:

Part of my undying love for the TML.

What are they going to do. Structure a max contract to Stamkos and time it perfectly so that contract ends when McDavid is ready to come to his rightful home? :shakehead

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
If any GM in the NHL, had McDavid, would they trade him, for any of this years rookies, 1 for 1...No

Has he been the most "proficient" rookie....Yes...As defined by the NHL, for the Calder..

The Calder Trophy, is not, the "Art Ross" of rookies...

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
I think McDaivid............???

He is tied with Ehlers and Duclair in 34 less games.

4 points back of Ghost in 16 less games (impressive for Ghost as a defensemen)

8 back of Larkin in 33 less games

26 points back of lead with 34 less games.

If he keeps up his pace till the end of the season he will end the season with 50 points. If he manages 60, absolutely deserves top spot.

I think McDavid still has a big shot..........Why?.....if he maintains PGT and scores over 50 points.........he will win it because he is so well known with those highlight goals and the press he receives..(like last night two goals).......Connor is the most published rookie in the league and he seems to deliver when it counts. It does not necessary goes to the top rookie scorer.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Not a chance. Panarin is having an outstanding year.

Panarins numbers away from Kane are abysmal, not trying to take anything away from him but in this day and age where the analytics community are shoving numbers down our throats, it may become a factor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad