Connor McDavid and Jesse Puljujärvi Vs Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner going forward?

Which tandem do you choose going forward and why?

• Connor McDavid and Jesse Puljujärvi

Votes: 262 50.0%
  • Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner

Votes: 146 27.9%
  • Toronto Fan vote McDavid and Puljujärvi

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Toronto Fan vote Matthews and Marner

Votes: 53 10.1%
  • Oiler Fan vote McDavid and Puljujärvi

Votes: 43 8.2%
  • Oiler Fan vote Matthews and Marner

Votes: 11 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Always the Leafs duo.

Always

We should end up with McDavid in about 8 years anyways.

-140599_ORIGINAL.jpg
Yup. McDavid gonna come take a hometown discount to form the Golden State Warriors of the NHL :D

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Uh.. can you be anymore biased?

You get upsed, that people say that Matthews and Marner first need to score more than 70 points to be called as "90 point players" and you called Matthews also a 50 goal scorer. On the other hand, you call Puljujärvi as a 40 point player... so sad..

If were going by your standarts; MacDavid is 130-140pts player.. and Pulju is more likely a 50-60pts.. that's 180-200pts vs 180pts TML duo..
This is good

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Always the Leafs duo.

Always

We should end up with McDavid in about 8 years anyways.

-140599_ORIGINAL.jpg

Totally!! That's gonna be so sweet when it happens. :D:banana:
Then we can actually have proper discussions about Mcdavid in relation to AM34 and Marner.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
McDavid's line seems to dominate no matter who they are up against or who he is playing with almost every game, so I will go McDavid's line for now.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Eh Kunitz was still playing in Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League when he was the same age Pulju is now.
seems like you're missing context. what would you take right now the 100+ pt player & 50ish pt player vs 100+ pt player & 20ish pt player? Obviously going forward Pulu has more potential+upwards trajectory. However, the essence of the post was if we are talking based on what the players production has been to date (Kunitz pre Crosby vs Pulu currently) and mistakenly didn't account that it is a "going forward" thread based on that players and the production they could hypothetically could put up.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I am fully aware of that. My point is that why not use the 2 best players on the Oilers too? Oh wait, I know why.

The only way matthews > McDavid is by pairing him with Marner vs McDavid and a prospect. Shocking...
It's probably because they came from the same drafts and were selected at the same spots.
Seems pretty obvious if you stop looking for the conspiracy.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Totally!! That's gonna be so sweet when it happens. :D:banana:
Then we can actually have proper discussions about Mcdavid in relation to AM34 and Marner.
If this isn't attention seeking, I don't know what is

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Uh.. can you be anymore biased?

You get upsed, that people say that Matthews and Marner first need to score more than 70 points to be called as "90 point players" and you called Matthews also a 50 goal scorer. On the other hand, you call Puljujärvi as a 40 point player... so sad..

If were going by your standarts; MacDavid is 130-140pts player.. and Pulju is more likely a 50-60pts.. that's 180-200pts vs 180pts TML duo..

The difference is Matthews has scored 40 goals and was on a 45 goal PPG+ pace as a sophomore meanwhile at the same age as Matthews Pulj has yet to break 20 points. Their ceilings are clearing in very different places. It's not a stretch to assume that Matthews can play at his pace this year as it was only 20 games missed, but it is a stretch to think Pulj will go from a guy playing with McDavid as his most common linemate and only getting 20 points to a 60 pt player.

Why will Pulju increase his production x3 times compared to Matthews when they are the same age but it is laughable for Matthews to just score at his pace from last year?

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
It's probably because they came from the same drafts and were selected at the same spots.
Seems pretty obvious if you stop looking for the conspiracy.
Yes because all prospects develop at the same rate? Bring Nylander and Draisatl in the equation too then. Make it 3v3.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Yes because all prospects develop at the same rate? Bring Nylander and Draisatl in the equation too then. Make it 3v3.
How about swapping Puljujarvi with RNH to make it fair.

RNH-McDavid duo actually played together. McD-Pulju has never been a duo.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It's not my poll and you seemed a little confused as to why they would be compared, just trying to help out.
You ok?

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
I am fully aware of that. My point is that why not use the 2 best players on the Oilers too? Oh wait, I know why.

The only way matthews > McDavid is by pairing him with Marner vs McDavid and a prospect. Shocking...

Why are you so heated? I don't think this thread was started by a leafs fan so it's not like we're out to prove matthews>mcdavid.
Settle down

Reactions: I am not exposed

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
How about swapping Puljujarvi with RNH to make it fair.

RNH-McDavid duo actually played together. McD-Pulju has never been a duo.
Marner has never played with Matthews for any extended period of time, even on the PP. I wouldn't be surprised if Pulju has more minutes with McDavid this year, than Marner had with Matthews.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
If it was basketball you take McDavid, but it’s hockey so I’ll take the two quality players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad