Connor McDavid and Jesse Puljujärvi Vs Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner going forward?

Which tandem do you choose going forward and why?

• Connor McDavid and Jesse Puljujärvi

Votes: 262 50.0%
  • Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner

Votes: 146 27.9%
  • Toronto Fan vote McDavid and Puljujärvi

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Toronto Fan vote Matthews and Marner

Votes: 53 10.1%
  • Oiler Fan vote McDavid and Puljujärvi

Votes: 43 8.2%
  • Oiler Fan vote Matthews and Marner

Votes: 11 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Why use Pu and not Drai? Probably because that’s the only way the Leafs duo has a chance I’m guessing.

Still going with McDavid. If Pu can develop into just a consistent top 6 forward he’ll still be able to put up 60 points playing with McDavid and I’ll take that over AM and Marner.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Didnt vote. Need to see Puljujarvi bust out this season. If he does this isnt close.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
McDavid alone vs Matthews and Marner is pretty close in my eyes. If Puljujärvi can develop into a consistent NHL player with positive impact I'm picking that duo.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Oilers duo in the lead...very mean voters, very ignorant and disrespectful, hurtful, really. Typical hockey world.

Reactions: hockeyguy1967

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
McDavid alone vs Matthews and Marner is pretty close in my eyes. If Puljujärvi can develop into a consistent NHL player with positive impact I'm picking that duo.

Why does the hockey world think McDavid is on another level from Matthews?? Is it the back to back scoring titles? That's mean and salt.

Reactions: hockeyguy1967

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
When he was 18-19 years old?
fair enough, since it is a "going forward" question, I believe that Pulu can develop and surpass the 50ish pt production Kunitz put up with the Ducks (hopefully lol)

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Let's see Matthews or Marner score 70 points before annointing them 90 point players. Marner played the last half at 90 point pace - McDavid played the last half at 130 point pace.

I wasn't calling them that but was just making a point that even if McDavid was a 130 point player, I take two 90 point guys over him.

Also not related to the thread but your comment it really bugs me people are using this 70 point thing as a gotcha this offseason. I can't imagine anyone who watched these two regularly think that they have peaked as 70 point guys.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I wasn't calling them that but was just making a point that even if McDavid was a 130 point player, I take two 90 point guys over him.

Also not related to the thread but your comment it really bugs me people are using this 70 point thing as a gotcha this offseason. I can't imagine anyone who watched these two regularly think that they have peaked as 70 point guys.

This.
Really bugs me too. I mean come on. Matthews was a point per game and missed some games, and Marner showed glimpses of what he really is in the playoffs.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
So let's say a 110 point McDavid and a 40 point winger

vs

50 goal 90 point Matthews 90 point Marner

It isn't basketball.

Ok now do Draisatl and McDavid.

100 / 130 points.

Either way, McDavid is the only player of the 4 that has proven to reach HIGH point totals so far.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I can only imagine the amount of Leafs fans that voted as a "neutral fan"
What about people like you who only pretend to be "neutral fans"? Why isn't their an option for "Bias against X"?
This.
Really bugs me too. I mean come on. Matthews was a point per game and missed some games, and Marner showed glimpses of what he really is in the playoffs.

You guys admitting this, is why they do it. They know its the dumbest argument around but they giggle like children because it irritates you, so they feel like they won over the "big, bad leafs fans who overrate their players".

Reactions: Garthinater

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Wtf does this have to do with the thread? The 40 point winger was Pulj.....
I am fully aware of that. My point is that why not use the 2 best players on the Oilers too? Oh wait, I know why.

The only way matthews > McDavid is by pairing him with Marner vs McDavid and a prospect. Shocking...

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Depends what Puljujarvi becomes.

This is like Crosby vs Kopitar and P.Kane

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Always the Leafs duo.

Always

We should end up with McDavid in about 8 years anyways.

-140599_ORIGINAL.jpg

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I am fully aware of that. My point is that why not use the 2 best players on the Oilers too? Oh wait, I know why.

The only way matthews > McDavid is by pairing him with Marner vs McDavid and a prospect. Shocking...

..Because the thread is about Marner and Matthews vs McDavid and Puljujarvi not McDavid and Draisatl........ I am not sure which part you are not getting.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Too early to say about Pool.....maybe could tell after this season

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
What about people like you who only pretend to be "neutral fans"? Why isn't their an option for "Bias against X"?

You guys admitting this, is why they do it. They know its the dumbest argument around but they giggle like children because it irritates you, so they feel like they won over the "big, bad leafs fans who overrate their players".
Uh because I'm an Oilers fan, and that option is there :laugh:

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
..Because the thread is about Marner and Matthews vs McDavid and Puljujarvi not McDavid and Draisatl........ I am not sure which part you are not getting.
Uh.. can you be anymore biased?

You get upsed, that people say that Matthews and Marner first need to score more than 70 points to be called as "90 point players" and you called Matthews also a 50 goal scorer. On the other hand, you call Puljujärvi as a 40 point player... so sad..

If were going by your standarts; MacDavid is 130-140pts player.. and Pulju is more likely a 50-60pts.. that's 180-200pts vs 180pts TML duo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad