Connor McDavid and Jesse Puljujärvi Vs Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner going forward?

Which tandem do you choose going forward and why?

• Connor McDavid and Jesse Puljujärvi

Votes: 262 50.0%
  • Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner

Votes: 146 27.9%
  • Toronto Fan vote McDavid and Puljujärvi

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Toronto Fan vote Matthews and Marner

Votes: 53 10.1%
  • Oiler Fan vote McDavid and Puljujärvi

Votes: 43 8.2%
  • Oiler Fan vote Matthews and Marner

Votes: 11 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
If Matthews and Marner develop into consistent 85-90 point players; it's going to be real hard to turn that down despite the McDavid factor.

McDavid

Matthews
Marner

Puljujarvi

People will say "McDavid because Mcdavid - best player in the world" But i'd take two superstars over one generational. You need many great players to win a stanley cup. The ability to have Matthews on one line and Marner on the other; while teaming up on the powerplay is so effective and powerful. I really do envision them winning stanley cups.

Last edited:

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I have very little faith in Puljujarvi right now. Went with Matthews and Marner.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
The Leafs duo.

It's possible that Poolparty becomes a top player then it would be the Oiler duo. But I don't think it would be by a whole lot.
Given that the MM duo of the Leafs will be very potent, I'll take them. The extra bit the Oiler duo could be better is not worth rolling the dice for imo.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Hmm. Marner overrated but Matthews underrated so it evens out pretty much. McDavid is the best player here easily but Puljujarvi is the worst easily. I’ll go Oilers since I’m still a believer in JP’s upside.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I really like Pulkujarvi, and I think a lot of this poll rests on what you see him turning into. He hasn't had stellar numbers yet, but obviously has plenty of time.

I think if JP becomes a 50/60 point player you go with the Edmonton duo. If he doesn't, the Leafs.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
The gap between Puljujarvi and Marner is probably larger than the one between Matthews and McDavid, but I might still lean McDavid here

Reactions: HoBOonFiRE

Leonhard Euler

Mar 5, 2018
I'll take McDavid duo only because of him though. I don't have much faith in Puljujärvi but can't pass on best player in game.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Oilers fan saying Matthews and Marner will combine for more points. I still rather have the Oilers duo because McDavid. I don't think Pulju becomes a top 6 player but....it's McDavid..

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
McDavd almost wins it on his own but Puljujarvi still has way too many questions so the Leafs duo take it because at least I get two top 6 players with them.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
McDavid >>> Matthews > Marner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pulu

went with the Leafs duo b/c Pulu drags it down but seriously McDavid nearly wins it by himself lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad