Connor Hellebuyck

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I would have liked to have seen Helle get one complete preseason game, but I think him going to play on the Moose is the right move at this point in time.

Where I think the rubber will hit the road will be if at some point in the season if one or both of Pavs or Hutch are struggling and Helle is playing well. What they decide to do at that point will be interesting.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
We could also get an injury to Pavs or Hutch this season to get Hellebuyck called up.

The both of them were healthy all of last season, weren't they?

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
We could also get an injury to Pavs or Hutch this season to get Hellebuyck called up.

The both of them were healthy all of last season, weren't they?

Neither had injuries during the last season - Pavelec had a bad flu for a week or two, that was about it as far as I remember.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
The should have given Helly 1 full start against Calgary, as he deserve it better than Hutch.
But maybe they want to see how Hutch will be, so Helly can still come up anytime.

I'd rather have the goalies that the teais gping to start the season with get the game practice and be ready for opening.
Hellebuyck will get his chance and preseason games aren't going to sway coaches one way or the other.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
SO when I listened to Chevy's year end press conference he was asked about Pavs being the number one guy moving forward and I thought his answer was interesting. He talked about how Pav was the guy this year but was absolutely non-committal about who the #1 guy will be for next year. Referenced the competition that will take place in the crease come next year

This is the first time I have not seen a definitive and firm backing for Pavs as the starter. I see the full green light for Helle to come into TC and take the job and run. It may very well his team from here on out.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
it's interesting that we haven't heard anything about Helle being in net for Team USA at the world championships. Oh, wait. His season isn't over yet. Completely forgot. >_>

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
it's interesting that we haven't heard anything about Helle being in net for Team USA at the world championships. Oh, wait. His season isn't over yet. Completely forgot. >_>

He is on the team North America roster so he may skip the World Championships. Like many.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
No doubt nhlers are told to prioritize the world cup over the world championships.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
No doubt nhlers are told to prioritize the world cup over the world championships.

When do they ever prioritize the World Championships over anything? Only time is when it's held in their won country. I believe all Russian players have committed to play if eliminated this year for example.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
When do they ever prioritize the World Championships over anything? Only time is when it's held in their won country. I believe all Russian players have committed to play if eliminated this year for example.

Yeah, North American players especially don't care much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad