Former Bruins Connor Clifton

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Do the same thing teams did with Vegas - give them more assets (picks/prospects) to choose another player.

Ya I worry about that kind of thing. Didn't work out to good for teams who did that with Vegas, did it?

Also, I think Clifton will be good to be a 3rd pairing guy down the road

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
I love this kid. Clean and efficient game. Rock solid hitter. Just a great all around defender and a good 3rd pairing guy you don't have to worry about. Great find.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Clifton is going to be permanent moving fwd. Really good D

Bruins are a lock at the right side for YEARS to come

But doesn't the damn Seattle draft mess things up? Which three would you keep of Carlo, McCoy, Krug, Clifton and Grzelcyck? I'd keep the first three, and Seattle would probably take Clifton as the more exciting player.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
But doesn't the damn Seattle draft mess things up? Which three would you keep of Carlo, McCoy, Krug, Clifton and Grzelcyck? I'd keep the first three, and Seattle would probably take Clifton as the more exciting player.
Uh what now? You mean McAvoy.

Also, you pay them in picks/prospects not to touch the young D.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
It worked out for Carolina, Tampa Bay, the Islanders, and Winnipeg. The dumb moves by Florida and Columbus shouldn't cloud your judgment.

Hey, I'm all or it for the right deal but if you want a team to lay off such an asset the price is likely to be high.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
My money is on Krug being gone with his next contract, keeping Carlo, McAvoy and Grz and having Lauzon, Zboril, Clifton, Moore being available. My hope is we can package a pick or something to go along with Moore. The rest of those are tough to swallow.

Either way, Clifton is playing his way into making this a tough decision. What a player he's been

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I'm sure there is a way, but you may pay somewhere else (making a trade to take Player Z instead of Player A -- including draft picks, prospect).
They have so many good young defensemen that they can just let one go in the draft - there really isn’t much value in paying to protect Clifton by giving up an asset and another solid young guy like Grzlyeck.

Reactions: wintersej and TCB

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
My money is on Krug being gone with his next contract, keeping Carlo, McAvoy and Grz and having Lauzon, Zboril, Clifton, Moore being available. My hope is we can package a pick or something to go along with Moore. The rest of those are tough to swallow.

Either way, Clifton is playing his way into making this a tough decision. What a player he's been
My money is on Krug signing an extension. He is a huge part of this team’s core. Chara will be in his last year, with Boston anyway, and players like Krug do not come along very often.
Not sure how they can let a 60 point dman go, when there is no one close behind him in point production.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
My money is on Krug signing an extension. He is a huge part of this team’s core. Chara will be in his last year, with Boston anyway, and players like Krug do not come along very often.
Not sure how they can let a 60 point dman go, when there is no one close behind him in point production.

McAvoy would be approaching those numbers if he was able to get first team pp time. As far as talk of letting Krug walk or dealing him for assets, that's either here or there, because he's playing great and is a big reason why the Bruins are trying to bring home Cup number 7.

Once the season is over Sweeney and Company will have a lot of decisions to make as this team has a great core of good young players and they'll need to do whats best for the team, in order to bring home Cup # 8 after this season.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
During last nights game there where many times I thought to myself, "What a nice play by Clifton". Cup finals and the kid played great.

The play where he shrugged off a check from Maroon and played the puck with his skates up to his stick, all without missing a beat was near magical and it left Maroon looking star-struck. The kid has the it factor and is fun to watch.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
McAvoy would be approaching those numbers if he was able to get first team pp time. As far as talk of letting Krug walk or dealing him for assets, that's either here or there, because he's playing great and is a big reason why the Bruins are trying to bring home Cup number 7.

Once the season is over Sweeney and Company will have a lot of decisions to make as this team has a great core of good young players and they'll need to do whats best for the team, in order to bring home Cup # 8 after this season.
The fact Krug has another year on his contract is a bonus, they can let things play out a bit and see how they work out. McAvoy should be a point producer in time not sure if he can reach Krug’s numbers as not many dmen around the league have.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
the Bruins are so set with McAvoy, Carlo & Clifton on the right side and all so young.

It's kind of crazy how young most of the defense is. Current average age is 26.5, but Chara's pulling that up by quite a bit. Excluding him, it's just 23.6. That doesn't even include the fact that you have Vaakanainen, Lauzon, and Zboril all pushing to make the team next year.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007

We lose Krug, we lose our transition game, our power play entry and power play dominance. He’s the last guy we can afford to lose unless we are rebuilding. He drives this team from the backend. Not sure how people can consider him expendable. Pay him and move on.

We need to keep Krug, Carlo, McAvoy. We need to fight like hell to keep Grizz and Clifton. We need to part ways with Miller and Chara (although the latter will never happen).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad