Prospect Info: Connor Carrick

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
RHD. 5'11.

However, he's got skill and thinks the game well.

42 points in 73 games as an AHL rookie last season, and has posted 25 in 46 games this season.

Definite NHL potential. I'd put him with Loov-Percy area.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Rielly _______
Gardner Zaitsev
Marincin Carrick
Harrington Corrado

Last edited:

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Heard hes brennan 2.0 all offense limited D-skills/iq. Hope thats not true.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Heres a short blurb about what someone else said "Carrick is a small and scrappy offensive defenseman. He had maybe #4 upside but see him as a bottom pairing pp guy. Is no longer waiver elegible so Caps might have lost him next year had no room for him. Definitely can be an NHL defender. "

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He's not the greatest defensive player in my viewings. I don't like comparables

No, however he does have the IQ.

He has skill and IQ. Keefe, and the development team will build the rest.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He he worse than what we currently have on the third pair? Or what do you know about him

I definitely see more in him than I do Stuart Percy. He's not the best defensively, but he has skating, offense and sees the game well.

With some development, he could be a second pairing, top PP guy for us in a few years.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
He is the same age as Morgan Rielly.

Carrick played 36 NHL games as a 19 year old and was a #1 defenceman in the AHL at 20 years old.

Really decent prospect.

I'm really happy we got him.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
So its basically either he makes the team next year or we likely lose him on waivers right?

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Heres a short blurb about what someone else said "Carrick is a small and scrappy offensive defenseman. He had maybe #4 upside but see him as a bottom pairing pp guy. Is no longer waiver elegible so Caps might have lost him next year had no room for him. Definitely can be an NHL defender. "
He's not the greatest defensive player in my viewings. I don't like comparables

So basically, he's a poor man version of Mike Green?

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Is he actually waiver eligible next season? I'm too lazy to check the rules for that, but he was drafted in 2012 while Percy was drafted in 2011 and isn't waiver eligible right now.

Last edited:

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Percy Harrington Carrick all need waivers next year so something has to give

Reilly Gardiner are locks

Hunwick Corrado Marincin can all go

Percy loov harrington Zaitsev Carrick

Seems like a jam

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Talent Analysis

Carrick lacks size (5’11, 185 pounds), but he more than makes up for it with his skating and offensive ability. He shows great confidence carrying the puck and attacks the offensive zone, jumping into the rush and creating opportunities. Though he is undersized for a defenseman, he shows competency in his own zone despite facing physical challenges. His shot and ability to quarterback the power play are what make him most valuable and he has the skill set to be very good as an offensive defenseman on the NHL level.

Future

Carrick was dealt by the Washington Capitals along with Brooks Laich and second round pick to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for Daniel Winnick and a fifth round pick.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Percy Harrington Carrick all need waivers next year so something has to give

Reilly Gardiner are locks

Hunwick Corrado Marincin can all go

Percy loov harrington Zaitsev Carrick

Seems like a jam

I get the feeling that Percy is on his way out. He was constantly talked about by Butke/Nonis yet hardly ever mentioned by any of the new front office.

He's not even top pairing on the Marlies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
He is the same age as Morgan Rielly.

Carrick played 36 NHL games as a 19 year old and was a #1 defenceman in the AHL at 20 years old.

Really decent prospect.

I'm really happy we got him.

Good deal. We basically turned Winnik and a 5th into Carrick and a 2nd. If Carrick turns out, we are laughing. If not, still a good deal. We need more RHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad