Prospect Info: Connor Carrick

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Was he coming out of the box or something? Or felt like scooting up the boards to cherry pick? Nice goal tho.

Can't he start next season with the Marlies? If he gets called up then he has to pass through waivers to go back down but I thought if he started in the AHL he wouldn't see waivers.

He must clear waivers before the start of the season in order to be sent down.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
He'll be closer to what the Leafs were hoping Harrington would be.

Not really. Completely different D. He's like a poor man's (homeless mans) Karlsson or prime Mike Green, where as Harrington had the potential to be another Gunnarsson.

Good potential #4/#5 PMD. Smart, amazing skater, great offensive instinct. He has pretty significant troubles in the D zone though, has been working on it and has made a huge step forward this season.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Not really. Completely different D. He's like a poor man's (homeless mans) Karlsson or prime Mike Green, where as Harrington had the potential to be another Gunnarsson.

Good potential #4/#5 PMD. Smart, amazing skater, great offensive instinct. He has pretty significant troubles in the D zone though, has been working on it and has made a huge step forward this season.

He was saying a Harrington-Carrick pairing would be good...

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I really don't think he was... I'd agree that would be a great pairing if the both pan out, but read the post I quoted.

I was saying that Carrick has a much better chance of being a bottom pairing NHL regular. Yes, it's obvious that Carrick is more offensively skilled than Harrington. I'm not high on Harrington.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
RHD. 5'11.

However, he's got skill and thinks the game well.

42 points in 73 games as an AHL rookie last season, and has posted 25 in 46 games this season.

Definite NHL potential. I'd put him with Loov-Percy area.

Yes you are right - he is a good prospect to keep

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
carrick is more similar in style to corrado...but he's a significant step up from frankie imo.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Kid had a good game considering. A little raw defensively, but didn't look out of place very much. Our kids complimented our younger core players very well tonight Carrick included.

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
played a solid game, he destroyed Brown on the hit.

Like his game more than Corrado or Maricin...should fit in well with our youth.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Gotta be hard for a kid to play D on this team. He did well considering. He needs sheltered minutes.

Mr Shanahan

Jul 11, 2007
Toronto
Definite NHL potential. He is a step above Percy-Loov-Harrington for sure, and will be better than Corrado very soon. Has an element to his game that cannot be taught, but hopefully Babs can teach him defensive awareness :laugh:

Our right side next season will consist of Corrado, Zaitsev and Carrick - hopefully we have enough cap space to bring in a UFA but I doubt that will be the case for next season considering all of the salary we are eating in our bottom-six forwards. Would like to pick up Jason Demers at the right price.

This acquisition, along with Zaitsev, gives our blueline hope for the future as our current pipeline is very thin - I do not think that Percy will ever stick and he is likely the best that we have seen come up from the Marlies.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Ian White?

White was a big man in a little mans body. Pound-for-pound one of the strongest players in the league and was absolutely fearless. I think Carrick will be a 3rd pairing offensive D. Maybe rack up points but needs to be sheltered. Those players are still useful though. JM Liles comes to mind, for lack of a better comparison.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad