Confirmed with Link: Connolly, Riley Stillman and Henrik Borgstrom plus a 7th Rd pick in exchange for Carlsson/Wallmark

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
What’s our cap space at now?

-ghoste

pesdohSruET28eupz_KEoKUYTSoInAZWB6Qg2Q88A-0.jpg

Serious answer:

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Playing in Liiga. Playing pretty well but the hype from him has certainly fallen off. He was arguably our best prospect at one point. I think being with Kane would do him well though.
Very skewed distribution of returns: could become legitimate top 6 center which is valuable. Likely not but more useful for Chicago now than a 2nd

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I agree I still have hope for Borg and learning from Kane would be amazing for him. He still has potential, he just has to adjust to the nhl.
Yep: Lundell and Luo made him irrelevant. I think he could have taken the step if he came back this year but he didn’t want to

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
I am ecstatic about this! Legitimately. I was up late last night crunching buyouts and retentions, seeing how much dead cap we’d have. He was able to trade connolly who not only has one, but two more years and at 3.5per....he trades him for a player thats an upcoming rfa? I could careless about wallmark but that is fantastic for us! Literally dumped his contract just in exchange for stillman and borg, and I’m sorry, I like stillman but he was never going to be a full timer here. Same with borg. I do that trade all day. Huge getting that contract off the books. Zito at it again!
this could open up to us having cap to resign or extend players

Reactions: Cold Cat

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
Had the space before Ekblad was hurt. This is much more than Risto space.

I was under the impression the issue was with Risto having another year on his contract after this year, hence the cap clearing. High chance I'm wrong though :sarcasm:

Reactions: Chaos2k7

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

If we're going to take a swing on a talented guy with a dark cloud hanging over his head, I'd go hard after Laine instead.

His value has never been / will never be lower than it is now. And of course the GREAT temptation: "Barkov and Q can fix him." It's there, and it's real.

And I don't even want us to go after Laine.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
this could open up to us having cap to resign or extend players
The fact he dumped that contract without taking anything back or even a comparable contract is fantastic. Those komarov rumors made sense, very similar contracts and I thought that was the only way they’d be able to get rid of Connolly. Not taking any salary back in exchange for stillman and borg? Say no more, toss in a 7th rounder for your troubles.

now we’re down to Yandle, Stralman and Nutivaara as the contracts we look to shed now and in the offseason. Bob’s not even a thoufht right now, we’ll cross that bridge in 3yrs or so

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Click bait.

Keep Eichel far away from here please. As captain and what seems to be CEO over the last few years some of the blame must fall on him.

The more Hall is in the league the more he becomes that journeyman player. I was surprised when I heard Buffalo was thinking about trading Hall. It feels like he's being traded at every deadline. Keep him away from this core group in Florida.

JEFFREY87

Oct 9, 2020
The more Hall is in the league the more he becomes that journeyman player. I was surprised when I heard Buffalo was thinking about trading Hall. It feels like he's being traded at every deadline. Keep him away from this core group in Florida.

A less effective trade deadline player he reminded me of is - Lee Stempniak. Seemed every yr he was traded lol

Reactions: SJSharksfan39

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
If we're going to take a swing on a talented guy with a dark cloud hanging over his head, I'd go hard after Laine instead.

His value has never been / will never be lower than it is now. And of course the GREAT temptation: "Barkov and Q can fix him." It's there, and it's real.

And I don't even want us to go after Laine.

If anyone can get Hall or Laine going, it’s Barky. I’d take Laine because they are friends, and younger, but Hall would cost considerably less.

Reactions: scholl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad