Conn Smythe Winner?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Hedman? Serious?

MacKinnon was on pace for 50pts and breaking new records, he should have won it even watching from home.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Is Hedman a lock for the HHOF now? Cup/Conn Smythe/Norris

I think so. Hedman was a Norris finalist 4 times. Only 20 defenseman in NHL history have done that (at least, since the Norris was first awarded in 1954).

16 of those defensemen are eligible for the Hall, and all of them are in. Chara is a lock. The only other players to accomplish that are Karlsson and Doughty who will both probably end up in the Hall as well.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
For people doubting Hedman as the playoff's MVP, he finishes 5th in scoring as a D-man and he has played almost 100 minutes more than the 2nd most used player by Tampa. By himself, he has played almost 2 more games than anybody on the Lightning (quality minutes that is).

If that's not MVP, I don't know what is.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
For people doubting Hedman as the playoff's MVP, he finishes 5th in scoring as a D-man and he has played almost 100 minutes more than the 2nd most used player by Tampa. By himself, he has played almost 2 more games than anybody on the Lightning (quality minutes that is).

If that's not MVP, I don't know what is.

Thank you. I'm tired of these "bUt pLayEr X haS mOrE pOintS"-posts.

Reactions: kovnik and Deam78

Murky

Jan 28, 2006
Hedman is a solid choice and he would have been my choice of the Lightning as well. Some others played very well for them, too.

Spacey

Feb 2, 2015
It's just crazy to me how people on this board who love hockey, some of whom have played hockey, don't understand the importance of players like Hedman and their contribution to success. Scoring goals is, of course, the most important and rare quality of a player, but winning is not built only by scoring. Hedman also scored 10 goals. What kind of arguments can there be?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Apparently it was the closest Conn Smythe trophy vote ever. Hedman 9-8-1 vs Point 8-8-2 per Frank Seravelli

Point was better in the finals; Hedman had the best first three rounds I've ever seen in a player I've watched every game of. I think it should have been close, and am glad it was.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
It's just crazy to me how people on this board who love hockey, some of whom have played hockey, don't understand the importance of players like Hedman and their contribution to success. Scoring goals is, of course, the most important and rare quality of a player, but winning is not built only by scoring. Hedman also scored 10 goals. What kind of arguments can there be?
Ive come to realise that many people here don’t really care about hockey or watch it - instead they just follow certain players from their country, or are just blind homers (they exists everywhere) who can’t appreciate the sport over their team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad