Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

Congrats guys.

While I was rooting for the Oilers, you guys have a team that is very very hard to dislike so while it was a little sad that the Oilers didn't win, I found myself cheering for every goal scored during this finals.

I think that the season you guys just had, capping it off with a very Hurricane like 7th game, kind of officially ushered in the New NHL.

Fast paced Hockey with lots of intensity.

:bow: to the masters.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Happy Girl

Aug 19, 2005
a playoff free world
Congratulations Canes fans! Great regular season and playoffs. Way to go Kevyn Adams!!!! You were always such a super sweetie and good team player and now you are a Stanley Cup Champion. All of your friends from Miami (University) are so very proud of you!!!

GoPenguins

Mar 29, 2003
Albany, NY
Visit site
Congrats to Carolina for their hard fought win! You guys have played entertaining hockey from game 1 of the regular season to game 7 of the Finals, and you represented the new style of the NHL very well! It was a great battle, but in game 7, the better team won on the night. Ward was immense, and the changing of the lines and return of Erik Cole were difference makers. Major congrats to your team for its play and performances.

:stanley: Carolina :stanley:

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
Wire-to-wire, you guys were really the class of the East in the regular season, and had an incredible playoff run against 4 very good teams.

A well-deserved championship from beginning to end. Congratulations! :clap:

Hank19

Apr 11, 2005
Congrats to the Canes!
Despite being referred to as a traitor by my Canadian bretheren I was rooting for you guys.
Partially because, as a Wings fan, I'm still very bitter with another early exit but also because you guys worked hard all year and had a terrific season. You didn't back into the postseason but rather busted the door down. You deserved to hold that Cup over your heads.

Savour this moment. There's nothing like it!

frozenpondscum

Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta
As a former Raleigh resident (pre-hockey), I am happy for you! Well deserved.

And as a Sharks fan, I appreciate what an accomplishment it is to beat Edmonton in this post season. Against Edmonton, the Canes did 4 things better than the Sharks:
- scored regularly on the power play (Sharks were something like 2 for 35)
- consistently matched the Oilers pace and intensity (game 6 notwithstanding)
- avoided defensive lapses
- stayed physical

Props to the crowd, too. The first 10 minutes last night were particularly insane, both on the ice and in the stands.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Congrats on winning Lord Stanley's Cup!!!

The Canes looked extremely solid.. out hit, out hustled a very fast Edmonton team, and Cam Ward was outstanding!

Rutherford put together a great team.. Cole came back - incredible, and Weight was out - which didn't hurt you to bad..

Dog as Man

Mostly sniffing around.
Feb 27, 2002
Napa
You guys are the best! Hope exists for every team that has never won the big one. Party on Caroline!
:clap:
:banana:
:dooney:
:canes

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Man, I hate the ‘Canes (Let’s Go Caps!), but your boys absolutely dominated last night. Good Game, and congrats!

copperandblue

Sep 15, 2003
Visit site
Congrats on the win guys.

Every year there is one particular guy that you are really happy for and this year Wesley was the man for me.

It seems fitting that he won against the franchise that beat him out in his first two attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad