Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
You folks deserve the Cup in Carolina. Congratulations.

I know there are some that say the Cup does not belong below the Mason/Dixon line...Get the &*%$ over it already.

The Canes played great hockey all season and won when they had to. Sounds like a championship team to me.

I'm just glad we Ranger fans have a Staal brother in our system to look forward to.

Again, congratulations.

Grabner*

******* YES! THANK YOU GOD! Man this feels so damn amazing..really feel like doing something nuts.

zls44

Aug 2, 2005
Muleskinner said:
Just remember to drink one for our old friends in Hartford. They must feel alot of different things right now.

Thanks. From what I've found, it's a very harsh split.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
BC
Thank you, Carolina hockey fans, for proving to the hockey world that you belong.

No BS to ruin the game, no crappy calls, just a freaking unreal toe-to-toe Game 7. Please enjoy the moment you fully deserve. I know what it's like, and it's spectacular.

:clap:

kingbrath

Jul 15, 2002
Calgary, AB
Visit site
Well done Carolina, great season for you guys and it was great to see Brindamour, Weight and Wesley raise that cup. Man Cam Ward is awsome! I dont know why Mr David A. Rainer is against all of the congrats threads popping up on the Canes board? I mean how often does a team win a Stanley Cup? I say the more the marrier!
:yo: :yo: :clap:

flyersfan97

BIG TIME CONGRATS from this Flyers fan. I knew if I just waited long enough I'd get to see Brindy hoist a cup. It is oh, so fitting that he did so as captain. You guys should be proud, your team absolutely deserved it. Enjoy your reign-with any luck my boys from Philly will give you a run for your money next year. PS-I expect a full report on all post-game activities and parades. Again, Congrats, the only way I would've been happier was if my Flyers won it themselves.

flyersfan97

DracoFulmineus said:
Congrats!!!! Way to represent!!! I'm speechless... I got all teary when I saw Brind'amour's face.

Are you kidding me???? I got 'all teary' at the end of the second period. I couldn't believe I was actually going to FINALLY get to see Roddy hoist that once elusive cup. Congrats again!!! :) :handclap:

nyrcup94

Jul 14, 2002
Winston-Salem, NC
Visit site
Congrats!!!!!!!!!

I live in North Carolina, so the Canes are my #2 team behind my long time love, the Rangers. I want to congratulate the Canes on a tremendous playoffs. This playoff victory reminded me so much of the Rangers win in 1994, when they were up 3-1 to Vancouver, and won it at home in game 7. I was talking to a friend and mentioned the similarity and told him what someone told me back in 1994, I can't imagine the veteran leadership on this Carolina team letting them lose game 7. Sure enough, this team played great and they won. They were the most hardworking and best all-around TEAM!!!!! This is almost as sweet as 1994!!!! Woo Hoo!!! Go Canes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on Jack Johson!!

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Congrats from a headhunter Oiler fan ;)

I said I'd only post here on this board once, if...... :eek:

Looks like that time has come.

Hats off to a great team , a great gutsy win, and to all the developing fans that enthisiastically support the Canes.

Thank You for a great series.

enjoy!!!! :stanley: :clap:

My sincere wish is that hockey continues to survive in Carolina, more specifically Raleigh, and that you grow on to prosper in the Dallas Star or Colorado Avalanche mode and that you avoid forever the "Rockie" fate that can befall some teams.

It is my hope as an Oiler fan that we just lost to a hopefully storied franchise.

joe_shannon_1983*

A wonderful night for a wonderful fan base and a wonderful team.

Have fun with this!

bflohockeygirl

homesick sabres fan
Sep 27, 2005
9th circle of hell
www.bflomama.com
Congrats, guys & gals. :clap:

I think if I were a fan of either team a 7-game series would have made me nuts, but from an outside perspective - great series to watch. Good to see some of your vets hoist :stanley: , and I suspect your younger boys are going to comprise a force to be reckoned with in the coming years...

Can't wait til our teams play each other next year. :D

Gambit00

Oct 5, 2005
Edmonton
Another Oiler fan here just sending our congratulations for a great run and well deserved win.

You fans are one of the better groups in the league. Enjoy :clap:

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Congratulations you guys - it was a real treat to see guys like Rod Brind'Amour, Glen Wesley, Ray Whitney and especially Bret Hedican hoist the Stanley Cup tonight. I wasn't really hoping for the Canes as much as I was merely hoping for the Oilers to lose but it was nice to see some class acts like the ones I mentioned above win their first Cup. I'm really happy for Hedican, guy's career was almost over thanks to those injuries he had but he battled back and played again and even played through a torn hip in the Finals and got his Cup and I teared up watching him. I'm proud to see one of our '94 boys win one. Hope you guys enjoy the victory and once again, congrats!

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
Just another voice in the wilderness. I was pulling for you guys after the Ducks were eliminated. Seeing Brind'Amour hoist the Cup as Captain was sweetness personified. Watching old-timers like Weight, Wesley and Hedican finally getting to touch it. Happy Erik Cole was out there as well. One of my favorites.

Happy for ex-Ducks Cullen and Gerber (and Oleg, to a lesser extent, even though he got to hoist it in '03 with the Devils--championship quality benchwarmer!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->