Congrats to the Royals!

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Congrats to the best team in Baseball. I didn't like the methods you guys used (Throwing at people's heads, getting into senseless fights [See A's/Royals or Blue Jays/Royals in June]) but it was a great run.

Kinda miss baseball now, at least Giants baseball. No more listening to Kruk and Kuip, or Greg Brown, or the homorism that is Hawk Harralson for a few months. At least the hotstove is usually exciting.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Guys, guys, come on. It was just the A's. You're clearly misremembering things. The Royals are just the misunderstood brooding type.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
As a fan of the Atlanta Braves I cannot in good conscious root for the Mets. Congrats to the Royals and their fans. First championship for Kansas City since 1985. In that time nearby St. Louis has won 2 World series and a Super Bowl. Can't hate on Kansas City for that.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
As a fan of the Atlanta Braves I cannot in good conscious root for the Mets. Congrats to the Royals and their fans. First championship for Kansas City since 1985. In that time nearby St. Louis has won 2 World series and a Super Bowl. Can't hate on Kansas City for that.

Well, technically, Sporting Kansas City have won two MLS Cups, 2000 and 2013, but they play in Kansas City, KS.

(You could say that it's soccer, and doesn't count, but I like soccer and MLS, so I'm not going there, lol)

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

See that's your problem right there...

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Jonny Homes looks like an idiot for that speech and dropping the mic. He wasn't even a fixture on that team and I think most people forgot he was even on the team by the time the playoffs rolled around.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Royals shouldn't have even been awarded the ws in 85. Cards got Royally screwed (bad pun I know)

Yeah, exactly why I said toss out that 3-1 series comeback when people were posting teams who came back from 3-1. They required an absurdly bad call by an umpire to do it.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Jonny Homes looks like an idiot for that speech and dropping the mic. He wasn't even a fixture on that team and I think most people forgot he was even on the team by the time the playoffs rolled around.

Some ex player was on MLB network saying it was always the dudes who were not on the playoff roster who were the moist boisterous when the team would win a World Series or even a series.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Well, technically, Sporting Kansas City have won two MLS Cups, 2000 and 2013, but they play in Kansas City, KS.

(You could say that it's soccer, and doesn't count, but I like soccer and MLS, so I'm not going there, lol)

1440899148241824404.jpg

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
gomes is annoying but he's made out to be some sort of godlike clubhouse presence and playoff hype man. always seems to end up on successful teams and teams that come out of nowhere (08 rays, 12 A's, 13 sox, 15 royals)

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Some ex player was on MLB network saying it was always the dudes who were not on the playoff roster who were the moist boisterous when the team would win a World Series or even a series.

That's kind of funny but I guess they have nothing to lose. I'm not sure if he can get a ring or not because he didn't play in the playoffs. This stuff wouldn't mind anyone if it was a guy who played more of a role than you or me.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
The Gomes speech was a bit silly but people here ate it up. He was playing to the audience - 850,000 Kansas Citians. He should go into politics - it's not so much what you say but how you say it.

I will say that when Cristian Colon was interviewed after Game 5 and was asked how he stayed ready to hit after not playing for so long - he did credit Gomes for giving him advice to stay mentally prepared. I know the advanced stats people go nuts when you even suggest a good clubhouse has anything to do with what is happening on the field and most of you already have made up your minds on what kind of team this is based on some early season incidents involving a hothead young pitcher but every player on this team, down to the vets who didn't even play likes Gomes and Guts, will be remembered in this town for a long, long time.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
People made up their minds that they're an arrogant, cocky team overall. Which they are. No one has ever called them a bad team or didn't expect them to be in it.

I don't think they care how many fights and arguments they started this year since it seems to work for them, but that doesn't mean the rest of the al fans have to like it or them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad