Congrats to the Royals!

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
The Jays would have been swept by the Mets anyway. If Harvey/Syndergaard made the Royals lineup look mostly clueless in 2 games I cannot imagine Toronto with their strikeout machine lineup would have fared too well.

Yes, just like how you predicted the Mets would sweep the Royals or beat them in 5 at worst. I really value and respect your insight and opinion :laugh:

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
it's absolutely crazy how they refuse to go away and make a comeback at anytime but there is no way i could even show a little respect for that team. biggest group of punks on one team i've ever seen.

and this has nothing at all to do with the WC game last season. it's the frat guy mentality and the hypocrisy of that bunch that makes them so hateable

I didn't find them to be dislikable in the least. I like how they played.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Way to go Royals, the comeback kids!

One of the more enjoyable post seasons for me to view. And for me, the Royals rank up there with the great world series teams. Not in terms of individual players/stars, but as a "team", for how they won. What a ride for Royals fans, I'm happy for you. What a season.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Yes, just like how you predicted the Mets would sweep the Royals or beat them in 5 at worst. I really value and respect your insight and opinion :laugh:

They pretty much did exactly that too. I think the Mets led for something like 41 of the 49 innings in the series.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
it's absolutely crazy how they refuse to go away and make a comeback at anytime but there is no way i could even show a little respect for that team. biggest group of punks on one team i've ever seen.

and this has nothing at all to do with the WC game last season. it's the frat guy mentality and the hypocrisy of that bunch that makes them so hateable

They are not as bad as the Blue Jays. I didn't see Gordon pimp his homerun or anyone else showboat. They just have several guys with hard attitude but they are probably more likeable than Toronto. Believe me, if the Mets played them Syndergaard probably would have killed someone.

Sep 19, 2008
Why not? Because of their fight with the A's? Literally the only team they have had a problem with?

They didn't do anything controversial in the postseason. They just showed an amazing amount of heart and grit and never say die attitude. No team rallied as late as they did so consistently.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Why not? Because of their fight with the A's? Literally the only team they have had a problem with?

They didn't do anything controversial in the postseason. They just showed an amazing amount of heart and grit and never say die attitude. No team rallied as late as they did so consistently.

They overreacted a bit to the Syndergaard pitch. I think the combination of Escobar going to the ground because he initially took a huge step into the pitch because he intended to swing (shoooooockiiiiing) and their angle of view from the dugout made them think it was way closer than it was. I'm guessing once they saw it later they realized oops but they had to continue to stick up for Escobar so they couldn't suddenly say oh it wasn't as bad as we thought.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

They've had a beef with Toronto.

Also feels like I'm missing someone.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

They had beef with the Angels, A's, Jays and O's this year. Let's not pretend the A's was their only incident.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yup O's is the team I couldn't remember. Don't recall Angels but then again there was so many incidents that it's hard to keep track of them.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

The A's were the only team they had a problem with?

You forgot the Angels, White Sox, Blue Jays, and Orioles too.

They really are a great team and like I said, the fact that they just don't go away really is remarkable but a team can't pull the crap they did that many times during the season and expect the utmost respect from the baseball community.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If Ventura threw at Nats he'd remember.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Forgot about Shark throwing at them. He really liked his short time with the A's and wasn't happy with the Royals after they played the A's.

Royals should keep playing and thinking thisbway if it works, though.

Sep 19, 2008
Huh? Multiple small-market teams have won the WS in the past 20 years.

This.

I always enjoy hearing this argument from people who get upset that small market teams don't win and that major markets / major spenders win in MLB all the time. How much did the Red Sox spend last offseason? What results did they reap? Did they win the Series? Did they even finish above .500? The Cubs for years spent mercilessly in a major market and didn't do ****.

This is not the NBA. Small market teams have the capability to compete. So don't claim that the small market man has finally won against the evil big markets. Because it has been going on for YEARS.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Forgot about Shark throwing at them. He really liked his short time with the A's and wasn't happy with the Royals after they played the A's.

Royals should keep playing and thinking thisbway if it works, though.

He got into it with them in April, well before the Lawrie slide.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Lawrie slide was in April...

Yeah, he hit Cain (which he thought was intentional) the first game of the year. I highly doubt he got into it with the Royals a few weeks later because of Lawrie's slide. That is the game where Ventura told Adam Eaton to **** off.

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
You're right. The 23rd was when Shark tried to fight them. I'm sure there was a whole lotta dislike to go around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad