Congrats to the Royals!

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
As relentless of a team as you will see. They were never out of a game. They did it the unconventional way, faced a ton of criticism going back several years for their approach. They were right.

So many years of misery and now they are on top of the baseball world. Bravo.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Very glad that they won. Not only for doing me a solid and beating the Mets, but also from the fact that I've just always kind of liked them.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
We can just revise it and say SF gets the even years and Missouri gets the odd years.

Great run, Royals. Well earned championship

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

The biggest problem then, strange as it may seem now (we are talking about the three-time-champion Royals), was that Kansas City had trouble finding, developing and affording good players. How did it turn around? How did the Royals reach the playoffs in 2013, win the World Series in '15 and then dominate the latter part of the decade? Well, it was that minor league system ... that amazing Kansas City Royals minor league system.

1 year early on making the playoffs part...

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Like I said in the other thread, the 20+ drought for small-market teams in baseball is finally over. Congrats to the Royals and their fans.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah, Arizona isn't a big market. Miami may be in general, but the Marlins have hardly ever spent big money.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Congrats Royals. Half the team I hate and half the team I wish was on the Jays. Amazing team to watch. Never out of it, never gave up. It's crazy what they can do with a leadoff single or walk. Hope the Jays took notes from their series.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Congrats Royals. Half the team I hate and half the team I wish was on the Jays. Amazing team to watch. Never out of it, never gave up. It's crazy what they can do with a leadoff single or walk. Hope the Jays took notes from their series.

The Jays would have been swept by the Mets anyway. If Harvey/Syndergaard made the Royals lineup look mostly clueless in 2 games I cannot imagine Toronto with their strikeout machine lineup would have fared too well.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Best dead-tired Monday morning in KC ever! So proud of our boys in blue. Coming so close last year on what most considered to be a one-off, charmed ride but ending in heartbreak...to put pick yourself up and put in the kind of effort and will and determination over 162 more games and then another wild and thrilling October and to finish the job - it's storybook stuff for us. Those of you who live in other small markets know just how unifying success can be for the community and it really is special.

Now we just have to figure out how much David Glass is going to open up that Wal-Mart checkbook and how not to come to be seen as the younger, punkier version of our older Show-Me-State brothers to the east. Oh...too late? :sarcasm:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
The Jays would have been swept by the Mets anyway. If Harvey/Syndergaard made the Royals lineup look mostly clueless in 2 games I cannot imagine Toronto with their strikeout machine lineup would have fared too well.

The Jays had the 7th fewest strikeouts in the league this year and the most walks.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Anyways, congrats to the Royals. Amazing D at every position and god tier pen, as well as some amazing scouting to pick up on tendencies that no one else ever could think to know about and exploited them beautifully.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
U mad

I know you an as fan but show some respect

it's absolutely crazy how they refuse to go away and make a comeback at anytime but there is no way i could even show a little respect for that team. biggest group of punks on one team i've ever seen.

and this has nothing at all to do with the WC game last season. it's the frat guy mentality and the hypocrisy of that bunch that makes them so hateable

S A W F T*

Congrats KC. Still don't like Ned Yost, but he sure proved all the doubters wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad