Congrats Christoffer Ehn on making the Wings

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Congrats to Ehn, didn't even think he would be in the discussion to make the team, let alone make it. I am actually surprised that Cholowski made it, as I honestly thought he would start in the AHL. Hopefully he can be the big surprise we have badly needed on the blueline and be a positive major difference maker out there! I am also surprised that Witkowski got waived, as even if he was 13th or 14th FWD, him getting waived means someone else will get to play in his spot, which recently has not been the trend for this team, so good to see. I like some of what Witkowski brings, but he does go over the edge at times, which I dislike and seeing as he hardly plays anyways, it won't hurt us too much with him being in GR.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Ehn started really excelling from Traverse City. Big, fastskating defensively responsible guy. He went unnoticeable on first games, but then started heating up also offensively. Created scoring chance here and there on his limited minutes. He has been biggest surprise of this preseason for me, by far. Also was good on RED vs. WHITE. Then same continued on other preseason games.

Quite usable guy right now on defensive situations, and can both C and LW. Somebody mentioned that he is what Tomas Nosek was supposed to be, agree with that.

Reactions: RedMenace

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I love that post. I was trying to rationalize in my head why they would keep Ehn over Zadina and this is about it. Zadina should get top 2 line minutes in Grand Rapids. If he's doing great he's just a call away, and can slide into a 2nd or 3rd line role with the Red Wings.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Ehn started really excelling from Traverse City. Big, fastskating defensively responsible guy. He went unnoticeable on first games, but then started heating up also offensively. Created scoring chance here and there on his limited minutes. He has been biggest surprise of this preseason for me, by far. Also was good on RED vs. WHITE. Then same continued on other preseason games.

Quite usable guy right now on defensive situations, and can both C and LW. Somebody mentioned that he is what Tomas Nosek was supposed to be, agree with that.

I've seen him listed @ 6'2' 180lbs, so above average height, but light/lanky. Nosek scored 2 SHG last night vs. SJ's full lineup...Earlier this summer I had predicted Ehn to make the roster by 2020, behind Turgeon, whose injury/health issue last year seems to have set him back. I hope this means they'll move LGD before TDL '19. Svech, Z2 & Turgeon are all on the doorstep, especially Svech.

Oct 18, 2006
Ehn’s really impressed me. He’s like what Joakim Andersson wasn’t. Good skater, good size, can hold his own on draws, defensively responsible, and I actually think there’s some offensive potential there. He sees the ice well.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Yeah, I mentioned him in the Toronto GDT. He's +2 thus far on the season. Getting lots of PK time. I've noticed him in a good way. He's another young player who can keep up with the speed of the NHL. Also good along the boards. Impressive start to his career.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
If Cory Emmerton and Joakim Andersson can both big time with the club when they were a PLAYOFF team, then surely Ehn is good enough to stick when we're bottom feeders. He looks better than both. Love his battling and speed. Looks like he's got a bit of offensive sense as well.

Reactions: avssuc

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
i am impressed by him. He has played well in all 4 contests so far, and his stick skills are pretty solid. I hope he's here to stay

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
He positions himself defensively like a veteran. His off-puck awareness is very high.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
What do you folks think so far? I like him and DLR on the 4th line from what I've seen of them.

I'd say they've been more than acceptable. Good energy. For their size (6'3 Ehn, 6'2 DLR) they both skate and move really well. What's encouraging to me is their age. Ehn at 22 has years to improve. Maybe he's like a Helm or Abdelkader that begins to chip in on a 3rd line and eventually can perform higher in the lineup. Back when Holland signed Miller and Glendening I felt they need to go the direction we've been forced to now, just younger players overall. Remember how awful Miller was that last year or two? I'd rather gamble on younger guys that can do the same job given the opportunity.

Also this team isn't the Red Wings without at least a few Swedes in the mix. :laugh:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Ehn’s really impressed me. He’s like what Joakim Andersson wasn’t. Good skater, good size, can hold his own on draws, defensively responsible, and I actually think there’s some offensive potential there. He sees the ice well.

Eh...

Andersson was +50% on faceoffs trough his whole career, and Ehn has been 45.9% so far...

Let's hope Ehn can develop himself better.

Only Attribute which is better on Ehn you listed, is that skating. Andersson also had good size, was strong, was defensively reponsible etc. Scored well at AHL level. and was better at Faceoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad