Congrats Christoffer Ehn on making the Wings

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
wow, interesting.

remember when everyone on this message board was complaining not enough young players were going to be given a shot this year? so far cholowski, rasmussen, and ehn have made the opening night roster.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
wow, interesting.

remember when everyone on this message board was complaining not enough young players were going to be given a shot this year? so far cholowski, rasmussen, and ehn have made the opening night roster.
Don't start this narrative. The board's complaints about not playing younger players over the years while sucking were legitimate gripes with the franchise.

Nauzhror

Apr 4, 2014
I'm not trying to insinuate that you're wrong or making this up, but where did you read/hear that he'd made the NHL team? I don't see anything about any roster moves newer than them sending Rybar and Chelios to the AHL.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Don't start this narrative. The board's complaints about not playing younger players over the years while sucking were legitimate gripes with the franchise.

The board's complaints, specifically a few people, was that they didn't believe the Wings young players were going to be given a legit shot to make the NHL roster THIS SEASON. Had nothing to do with complaining about the past.

A Few Good Males

Apr 15, 2018
Detroit, MI
upload_2018-9-30_12-44-31.png

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I'm not trying to insinuate that you're wrong or making this up, but where did you read/hear that he'd made the NHL team? I don't see anything about any roster moves newer than them sending Rybar and Chelios to the AHL.

Looks like the big one I missed was Christoffer Ehn, who was here on the ice this morning. First year in North America but has pro experience in Sweden. Two-way forward who can really skate Max Bultman on Twitter

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
This has to mean he is actually going to play right? Why keep him around as the extra forward? There is only one spot in the lineup between Ehn, Frk, and Svechnikov

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
The board's complaints, specifically a few people, was that they didn't believe the Wings young players were going to be given a legit shot to make the NHL roster THIS SEASON. Had nothing to do with complaining about the past.
I would argue that it has everything to do with the past. If the Red Wings would have proven at any point in the past that they were going to give the Rookies a legitimate shot, the doubters wouldn’t be doubting anything. They would have no reason to. The “tie goes to the vet” narrative has always been pretty legitimate. The biggest difference this year is that they didn’t sign Frans Nielsen to replace Zetterberg, they didn’t sign any insurance to replace an injured Kronwall or Ericsson, etc. they don’t have a #7 Kindl/Smith to plug in when injuries arrive. That’s the biggest difference to me.

They went into the offseason saying they were going to give a spot on D to someone, it looks like they may have a couple more spots open to start the year due to Green’s injury, as well as another dman or two not ready. On offense, it’s impressive that they’re giving Rasmussen a spot, giving a spot to Ehn, because I think the forward openings are pretty slim. I haven’t been able to look at the depth chart, but I’d imagine they’ll have to waive someone else? Frk? Witkowski was just waived.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Witowski waived. I appreciate the guys heart but there is no place for him on this team. Let him go to the Griffs as personal protection for Zadina. It’s a good role for him.

McIlrath is a better personal protector in all honesty.

Ehn is a very impressive checking line player, I love the way he skates. I said I thought he would pass Turgeon by the end of the year but hey he did it already. Good on him. Happy to have him and this might make Glendening more expendable when Babs calls in February.

Reactions: mantha39

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Nice, good for the kid, I wasn't expecting it but he was a solid kid - responsible.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Definitely a bit surprising but he was solid. I really liked him in the prospects tourney (he played pretty physical there too) and was solid in the preseason. Makes Glendening expendable for sure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad