Confusing Daly Quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy*

DR said:
i agree ... but BEttman is paid to do something about it and he has so far failed.

dr
And Goodenow is paid to do something about it and he has so far failed.

As you have been told ad nauseum, Bettman takes his marching orders from the Owners. He doesnt make them up on his own.
Just has the owners refuse to move off a salary cap, the NHLPA will not negotiate at all on one. They are both steadfast in their positions. The difference being is that the players are guided by Goodenow, & if this process does not work out for them, there is 1 guy to blame & thats Goodenow.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Sammy said:
And Goodenow is paid to do something about it and he has so far failed.

As you have been told ad nauseum, Bettman takes his marching orders from the Owners. He doesnt make them up on his own.
Just has the owners refuse to move off a salary cap, the NHLPA will not negotiate at all on one. They are both steadfast in their positions. The difference being is that the players are guided by Goodenow, & if this process does not work out for them, there is 1 guy to blame & thats Goodenow.
the players havent asked goodenow to change the system. the nhl has demanded from bettman that he change the system and he has failed to deliver it.

the only mechanism the owners have other than negotiating is to ..... do nothing.

if i was an owner, i would consider a cancelled season to be a failure of bettman.

dr

Sammy*

DR said:
the players havent asked goodenow to change the system. the nhl has demanded from bettman that he change the system and he has failed to deliver it.

the only mechanism the owners have other than negotiating is to ..... do nothing.

if i was an owner, i would consider a cancelled season to be a failure of bettman.

dr
Of course the players dont want the system changed, they have ***** & pillaged for 10+ years.
Its the players who wont negotiate on a cap, now will they. And why wont they? Cause of a philisophical disagreement.? Yeah ok. Nope, its greed & nothing else .
If this season fails, there is one guy to blame & thats Goodenow.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Sammy said:
Of course the players dont want the system changed, they have ***** & pillaged for 10+ years.
Its the players who wont negotiate on a cap, now will they. And why wont they? Cause of a philisophical disagreement.? Yeah ok. Nope, its greed & nothing else .
If this season fails, there is one guy to blame & thats Goodenow.
ok, lets accept the players are jerks in this whole mess.

bettman should be fired for failing to corral the negotiating party and for failing to keep his business operating.

he hasnt brought what the owners demanded. for whatever reason. failure is failure.

bye bye bettman.

dr

Sammy*

DR said:
ok, lets accept the players are jerks in this whole mess.

bettman should be fired for failing to corral the negotiating party and for failing to keep his business operating.

he hasnt brought what the owners demanded. for whatever reason. failure is failure.

bye bye bettman.

dr
And so, I take it by that analysis you would also can Goodenow. Surely you cant say he has succeeded. His constituents , who he is guiding, are not playing hockey & are losing millions.

Brent Burns Beard