Recalled/Assigned: Confirmed: Korshkov Called Up

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Marchmant got the call again too? Interesting

He really ramped it up after going back to the Marlies so glad he got another chance. I am sure he was thinking every night after getting sent down what he would do differently. It will be interesting to see what he tries to do differently if he gets some games in.

Reactions: fahad203

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
GOAT has what every player dreams of size and decent skating ability. There are players brought more and made a career in NHL just by using their size. Not even dropping the gloves

Not to long from now he'll be in AHL wishing he had used his size more. Unfortunately for him that NHL will forget about him and some other kid with size and more determination skill take his spot
Hes fine in a 4C role. Wins face offs, plays simple and smart, good coverage.
If he added some weight to his game, that’d be something nice.
I welcome him back at under a mil. The 4th lines playing <10 mins a night.
If he adds some weight, he outplays the contract.
He’s still young enough that someone will give him chances on the cheap.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Hes fine in a 4C role. Wins face offs, plays simple and smart, good coverage.
If he added some weight to his game, that’d be something nice.
I welcome him back at under a mil. The 4th lines playing <10 mins a night.
If he adds some weight, he outplays the contract.
He’s still young enough that someone will give him chances on the cheap.

He doesnt need to add weight. He needs to actually USE his weight.

He actually has decent skills for a 4th line player but the fact that he floats most of the time as a 4th liner....is concerning

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Gauthiers time with the Leafs may be done.

The fact that Korshkov AND MArchmant got the call again....maybe the Coaching staff is realizing just how useless Gauthier is.
They're wingers, Goats a C. Could just as easily be an indicator that there’s a move coming.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
He doesnt need to add weight. He needs to actually USE his weight.

He actually has decent skills for a 4th line player but the fact that he floats most of the time as a 4th liner....is concerning
I meant weight to his game, yes.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Absolutely a shame that Gauthier never wants to use his size.

He would've been an elite 4th line player if he had any sort of a mean streak and was willing to play the body a bit more. He honestly could've been the next Bryan Boyle, who's had a pretty successful career as a bottom 6 forward.

Truly a shame.

Yep.

I say it all the time, if Gauthier played like a beast and ran over everyone, he’d be a fan favourite forever.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Is he really the best there is to try and get in the playoffs? How does Agostino not get called up?
This is a move you make if you're planning for next season isn't it?

My Guess on Agostino is that when they call him up after the deadline and the rosters can be expanded..he stays for good. I think they might be worried that if he comes up and shows he can play alright...they would have a problem with waivers sending him back down. That's why Timashov is still here even though he hasn't done too much...he would be lost on waivers.

Or...he ran over Duby's dog and is going to suffer in the minors forever...

Reactions: Rogie

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Yep.

I say it all the time, if Gauthier played like a beast and ran over everyone, he’d be a fan favourite forever.
Yeah he never looked the same after Dotchin took his knee out in the AHL. Ever since than, he's been extremely scared to engage in physicality at all

Also doesnt help that his mother came out and says that "He's my soft little teddy bear. He would never hurt a Soul". lmaoo

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Hyman/Matthews/Marner
Kerfoot/Tavares/Nylander
Korshkov/Spezza/Kapanen
Clifford/Engvall/Marchement

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I am very excited to see Korshkov. I really liked him every time I’ve seen him play (which admittedly lately I haven’t been as active on the prospect side so it hasn’t been a lot but still)

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
im surprised they havent tried him at LW on the marlies, he is left handed after all. Seems to be very common with russian wingers alot seem to have only played off wing for their entire careers before the nhl

Yup, it's odd but if you've been doing it all your life, its what you are use to. Kappy needs a play-maker.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
As much as I love Grit and Toughness.....I'll admit that I honestly wasnt a huge fan of Marchamant's game in the 1st stint. His foot speed wasnt enough to keep up with today's NHL. Probably not gonna change for the 2nd time around either.

Korshkov on the other hand sounds like he can be a Mainstay potentially

Reactions: Rogie and fahad203

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
If he is more physical than Goat, which I assume he is, I can see Goat's NHL career over.

I've cheered so hard for the Goat for so long, but, I think the next time he gets waived is his last.
I love the guy's story and everything, but, there is no 'nice guy/gentleman' role for a bottom 6 player.

It's too bad, because he has potential to really make a difference, but he can't change his personality unfortunately.

Agreed. Think goat will be our 13th forward for quite a while or he is traded to a better situation. From all accounts the guys love the quirky goat, he’s 6ft5 and plays defensive center. Those are great for depth.

Reactions: fahad203

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
I think korkshov can be a 4 th liner but people saying he can skate are going to be surprised. Personally I find goat a better skater but kork has wayy better hands and accurate shot + he’s actually mean so he separates guys from the puck very easily.

Looking forward to him with cliffy.hoping he gets cliffy a little more riled up

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I think korkshov can be a 4 th liner but people saying he can skate are going to be surprised. Personally I find goat a better skater but kork has wayy better hands and accurate shot + he’s actually mean so he separates guys from the puck very easily.

Personally want him on the 3rd line playing with Kappy. Him and Kappy could be a very pesty 3rd line.

Acquire a Grittier forward on the 4th line to play with CLifford and Engvall. (Ryan Hartman from minny?).

Korshkov - Spezza - Kapanen
Clifford - Engvall - Hartman

That might be the Toughest bottom 6 we've iced in a long time if it came true.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

I think he has enough skill to develop into a solid NHL 3rd liner.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
It will be nice to see that pick actually see the NHL ice when it looked for a while he was heading to Russian oblivion.

Should be a quiet introduction to the NHL on the 4th though. Just play a safe/ big bodied 12 min game.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
I'd love both Korshkov and Marchment to play. Marchy looked bad in his audition but has been on fire down there since. That'd be a real big bodied bottom 6.

Korshkov-Spezza-Kapanen
Clifford-Engvall-Marchment

Smallest guy is Kappy at 6'1"...
This a test run for the Bruins?lol

Reactions: crump

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I'd love both Korshkov and Marchment to play. Marchy looked bad in his audition but has been on fire down there since. That'd be a real big bodied bottom 6.

Korshkov-Spezza-Kapanen
Clifford-Engvall-Marchment

Smallest guy is Kappy at 6'1"...
This a test run for the Bruins?lol

For once I would really like to play the Bruins with that lineup. Just 1 game. Thats all I ask.

Reactions: Nylander88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad