Recalled/Assigned: Confirmed: Korshkov Called Up

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
When you look at all our forward/winger depth....it's increasingly clear Kerfoot and Johnsson's combined 6.9 mil could be better spent on the backend. Resigning some guys and 0 trades we'd still have a lineup next year of:
Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Mikheyev-Tavares-Nylander
Korshkov-Engavll/Spezza-Kapanen
Clifford-Engvall/Spezza-Marchment/Timashov

Not including guys like Agostino, Bracco,Robertson etc. We can definitely move on from Kerfoot and Johnsson imo

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
For once I would really like to play the Bruins with that lineup. Just 1 game. Thats all I ask.
Marchment I actually hope plays. He didn't impress me when up before but maybe he gave his head a shake. He's been on fire in the AHL since. I think him and Fluffy together could really drag eachother into the battle

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
As much as I love Grit and Toughness.....I'll admit that I honestly wasnt a huge fan of Marchamant's game in the 1st stint. His foot speed wasnt enough to keep up with today's NHL. Probably not gonna change for the 2nd time around either.

Korshkov on the other hand sounds like he can be a Mainstay potentially

Again, agree with you.
I haven't been able to watch Marlies games, and a lot of folks were going on and on about Marchment, he'd be so tough, etc etc, a real physical presence, and, like you said, when he came up (and I know he'd had some injuries etc, but still), I just thought, WOW, he CAN'T PLAY AT NHL SPEED, not really close to NHL speed, I was disappointed, I had sort of relied and trusted posters knew what they were saying about him, but, I guess not.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Marchment I actually hope plays. He didn't impress me when up before but maybe he gave his head a shake. He's been on fire in the AHL since. I think him and Fluffy together could really drag eachother into the battle

Yeah I wasn't a fan of him 1st time around either. His skating looked like a real weak link.

But I guess Im gonna have to take your word for the fact that he's been on fire in the AHL after being sent down. I havent been watching the Marlies

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
I think Korshkov is a better skater than people think. Is he a burner? Absolutely not. But he does get random bursts. And he looks slower due to his size imo. Engvall is a heck of a skater and is dangerous for opposing teams in a footrace...yet to me it barely looks like he's moving. 6'5" , 6'4" can create that illusion. Once again...not saying he's fast....just saying he's not slow either

Reactions: Rogie

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Also side note for those interested, Marchy would need a different number other than that horrible #36. Looks much much better on a goalie (Soupy). Marchy maybe grabs the #20 he wears with the Marlies

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Marchment should be better this time around. He was rusty from a recent injury last time. A lot of posters will be happy. I recall seeing these two on potential future lineups even from 2018.

Now they are here. Hope they have a hell of a game.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Marchment should be better this time around. He was rusty from a recent injury last time. A lot of posters will be happy. I recall seeing these two on potential future lineups even from 2018.

Now they are here. Hope they have a hell of a game.
I think you'll see the added effects of a guy like Clifford if Marchy gets in tonight. Marchy is tough but he doesn't want to be the "Ryan Reaves or Matt Martin" of the team. He was on an island before when he got called up. I think he'll show a lot more grit if he has Clifford opposite him. Just my opinion

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Alright, hear me out...playoff lineup:

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Mik - Tavares - Nylander
Korkshov - Spezza - Kapanen
Clifford - Engvall - Robertson (if his team loses in R1)

That's a pesky lineup that can defend IMO.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Both interesting call-ups. I think I'd like to see how Marchment plays on a line with Clifford setting the tone.
Exactly this. They'll feed off eachother. Something Marchy didn't have when called up before. I think we see a rougher style from Marchy if he gets in with Clifford opposite him

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Alright, hear me out...playoff lineup:

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Mik - Tavares - Nylander
Korkshov - Spezza - Kapanen
Clifford - Engvall - Robertson (if his team loses in R1)

That's a pesky lineup that can defend IMO.
We can move Kerfoot and Johnsson I agree. Not needed next season. 6.9m I'd rather spend on the blueline

Reactions: Merrrlin

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Who comes out? I wonder if they’ll give Spezza the “ old man” day off on the back to back? Or The obvious GOAT and Timashov

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Move Johnsson to a bottom feeder for a draft pick. So many people have come in and surpassed him. Especially with the 3.4m price tag. Mikheyev and Engvall combined will likely make less, and I'd rather have them both.
I agree on the asset management part, but , I’m less sure he gets passed by as easily if he’s healthy.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
It's a shame he is not a LW, Kapanen is a shooter looking for a setup man.

Kappy shoots Right, Korshov shoots Left but plays Right. Maybe there is something there. Maybe he's a winger for Tavares? I'm guessing He will probably play down in the lineup? Based solely on his scouting report he seems to be a guy better suited to drive play in the top 6
If he develops fully he will be a top 6 winger.
If all works out there will be a glut of top 6 guys
Kapanen
Johnsson
Mikheyev
Hyman
Engvall on the cusp
Korshkov if he continues to develop
Our top 9 will be good

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Marchment absolutely has to play with an edge or he will be ineffective again. He was coming off of a nagging injury, but he looked noticeably timid out there. I guess that's to be expected but he's not going to get many more chances and has to realize that his game is only effective when he plays nasty.

I'm a fan of his and despite his bambi legs I still believe he can carve out a 4th line career.

Reactions: Nylander88

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I hope he brings something we need. Third line jam and someone that goes to the net hard,stands in there to be specific! Yes i wonder why one guy is not planted in front every ozone possession!

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Marchment absolutely has to play with an edge or he will be ineffective again. He was coming off of a nagging injury, but he looked noticeably timid out there. I guess that's to be expected but he's not going to get many more chances and has to realize that his game is only effective when he plays nasty.

I'm a fan of his and despite his bambi legs I still believe he can carve out a 4th line career.
Clifford would be a great role model for him

Reactions: Saint Blue

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If he develops fully he will be a top 6 winger.
If all works out there will be a glut of top 6 guys
Kapanen
Johnsson
Mikheyev
Hyman
Engvall on the cusp
Korshkov if he continues to develop
Our top 9 will be good

I am thinking top 9 winger. Robertson factor being why i think that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->