Recalled/Assigned: Confirmed: Korshkov Called Up

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Sorry, I missed your report or eval of him in the past.

Can you give a brief snippet. Is he a tad slow, not physical, IQ?, skills? DRIVE-TRAIN not too high!
Oh my impressions of him from KHL and from AHL are so mismatched that I have no idea what I think anymore. Just hoping for the best!

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Oh my impressions of him from KHL and from AHL are so mismatched that I have no idea what I think anymore. Just hoping for the best!

That's interesting, okay. Was he a free wallet so to speak or did we draft him?

edit: the one highlight I watched of a goal in the AHL, he looks as big as Gauthier, maybe just a bit slower, and I watched 3 clips total, they all looked like that. Same size as GOAT, but a tad slower.

Eisenh0rn

May 30, 2009
UK

edit: the one highlight I watched of a goal in the AHL, he looks as big as Gauthier, maybe just a bit slower, and I watched 3 clips total, they all looked like that. Same size as GOAT, but a tad slower.

He was a 'say what' high 2nd round pick when we drafted Matthews. At least it may not be a complete waste of a pick anymore. He looks like he could play at the NHL level.

horner

May 22, 2007

He is not slower than Gauthier or Clifford
He's a big boy with some skill, love to hit, go to the net.
eventually would love to see him on the second pp go to the net to cause havic.
Right know a bottom 6 forward

They will probably break him in slowly on the 4th line playing with Clifford .

Needs to continue working On his skating .

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Clifford spezza korshov
Or
Clifford Gauthier korshkov

We may have a crash and bang line .

Clifford show him how to hit every shift

This kid has a real mean streek

Please god let this be true. I hope you're saying this because you have actually witnessed him playing games. I dont watch Marlies games, so idk.

I can't take another Gauthier (Big guy without a mean streak)

Reactions: Rogie

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Gauthier needs to sit. Not Timashov.

Timashov plays with far more intensity and grit that Goat does, even though Goat is the bigger player
Honestly I agree about the player, my comment was an off the cuff comment on the potential of a literally heavy line.
To your point I think timashov and Korshkov would be good together, with spezza in the middle, would be a good 4th line.
The reality is that we will probably see Clifford over Tima and Tima of Korshkov

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Egor Korshkov • #96 • RW
Ht/Wt:6'4", 214 lbs.
Born:Jul 10, 1996 (23 yrs) in Novosibirsk, RUS
Experience:0 years
Drafted by Toronto in 2016 (2/31).
Shoots:L

Egor Korshkov Stats, Profile, Bio, Analysis and More | Toronto Maple Leafs | The Sports Forecaster

SCOUTING REPORT
Owns a tremendously projectable frame and plenty of high-end skill. A dangler, he is a creative playmaker with a lot of smarts. Protects the puck well and is at his best with the puck on his blade. Could stand to shoot the puck more so as to keep opposing defensemen honest, since he tends to look for the pass a little too often. Needs to fill out his huge frame to maximize output.
Long Range Potential: Big, talented playmaker with upside.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: SAMCRO44 and Rogie

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Gauthier needs to sit. Not Timashov.

Timashov plays with far more intensity and grit that Goat does, even though Goat is the bigger player

GOAT has what every player dreams of size and decent skating ability. There are players brought more and made a career in NHL just by using their size. Not even dropping the gloves

Not to long from now he'll be in AHL wishing he had used his size more. Unfortunately for him that NHL will forget about him and some other kid with size and more determination skill take his spot

Reactions: Nylander88

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
GOAT has what every player dreams of size and decent skating ability. There are players brought more and made a career in NHL just by using their size. Not even dropping the gloves

Not to long from now he'll be in AHL wishing he had used his size more. Unfortunately for him that NHL will forget about him and some other kid with size and more determination skill take his spot

Absolutely a shame that Gauthier never wants to use his size.

He would've been an elite 4th line player if he had any sort of a mean streak and was willing to play the body a bit more. He honestly could've been the next Bryan Boyle, who's had a pretty successful career as a bottom 6 forward.

Truly a shame.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Honestly I agree about the player, my comment was an off the cuff comment on the potential of a literally heavy line.
To your point I think timashov and Korshkov would be good together, with spezza in the middle, would be a good 4th line.
The reality is that we will probably see Clifford over Tima and Tima of Korshkov

It's a shame he is not a LW, Kapanen is a shooter looking for a setup man.

Kappy shoots Right, Korshov shoots Left but plays Right. Maybe there is something there. Maybe he's a winger for Tavares? I'm guessing He will probably play down in the lineup? Based solely on his scouting report he seems to be a guy better suited to drive play in the top 6

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Well, the Goat's skating has improved, from working with Underhill, I would expect, so, if he's faster, or even ONLY as fast as the Goat, then, fine, and if like the poster above said, he's got a mean streak, GOD, YES, that would really really help.

I don't like violence, but, there's nothing wrong with being mean in hockey; even Matthews is starting to get a little peeved here and there and getting mean a tad, throw out the odd check here and there, he looks like he can hurt when he hits too,

if we're going to win a cup, we got to get way way way tougher and, MEANER, doesn't hurt, I always say to my wife "it's not a piano".

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Absolutely a shame that Gauthier never wants to use his size.

He would've been an elite 4th line player if he had any sort of a mean streak and was willing to play the body a bit more. He honestly could've been the next Bryan Boyle, who's had a pretty successful career as a bottom 6 forward.

Truly a shame.

Yup, just agree with you 1000 percent, it's just not in him though.

He could be easily a Boyle or better, eh.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Well, the Goat's skating has improved, from working with Underhill, I would expect, so, if he's faster, or even ONLY as fast as the Goat, then, fine, and if like the poster above said, he's got a mean streak, GOD, YES, that would really really help.

I don't like violence, but, there's nothing wrong with being mean in hockey; even Matthews is starting to get a little peeved here and there and getting mean a tad, throw out the odd check here and there, he looks like he can hurt when he hits too,

if we're going to win a cup, we got to get way way way tougher and, MEANER, doesn't hurt, I always say to my wife "it's not a piano".

Completely agree. If Goat doesnt want to fight, then fine. No one is gonna force you to fight.

But it doesnt mean that should limit your intensity level and compete level. It doesn't mean you shouldnt be finishing your checks or going hard in on the forecheck. It shouldn't mean that you can't engage more physically.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
It's a shame he is not a LW, Kapanen is a shooter looking for a setup man.

Kappy shoots Right, Korshov shoots Left but plays Right. Maybe there is something there. Maybe he's a winger for Tavares? I'm guessing He will probably play down in the lineup? Based solely on his scouting report he seems to be a guy better suited to drive play in the top 6

im surprised they havent tried him at LW on the marlies, he is left handed after all. Seems to be very common with russian wingers alot seem to have only played off wing for their entire careers before the nhl

Reactions: Bluelines

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
He's not better than Engvall or Clifford, maybe even Timashov right now so not likely.
Engvall has had time at C though. Gauthier has done nothing. Check his stat line from last night..no hits, no shots, no points. Only number he registered was a -1 rating. Engvall and Spezza can handle 3 and 4 C. Korshkov (and a multitude of Marlies) should and could be playing over Gauthier

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario

Never understand players like him who squander a golden opportunity. Ramp up your intensity and you're a mainstay. Play like Timashov. Love Tima on the 4th line. Gauthier is going to be out of the league before the year ends. He doesn't have a spot under Keefe on a healthy Leafs team

Reactions: fahad203

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Engvall has had time at C though. Gauthier has done nothing. Check his stat line from last night..no hits, no shots, no points. Only number he registered was a -1 rating. Engvall and Spezza can handle 3 and 4 C. Korshkov (and a multitude of Marlies) should and could be playing over Gauthier
I think he should play higher over Gauthier as well, I just don't think he gets a shot higher than the 4th line to start as you mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad