Complaining thread

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
Perhaps I should have phrased it as a Flashy 2C behind MacK.

I think he's definitely a 1C on some other teams in the league. I just don't see him becoming that offensive 2C that will also take the Defensive load off of MacK's line.

Got ya. That I agree with although I'm ok seeing how it plays out for now.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
If only the complaining would stay in here, I just know it will be in the GDTs still. I'd post more often if it wasn't littered with so many angry comments that sounded like somebody punched their dog.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
There's Rendulic love?
I like Rendulic. I said before the year he'd play more games for the Avs then people think. But he's looked out of place. Let's be honest, the only reason he's up here is because Everberg missed most of preseason. Once Everberg gets going in the AHL, they'll swap places.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I like Rendulic. I said before the year he'd play more games for the Avs then people think. But he's looked out of place. Let's be honest, the only reason he's up here is because Everberg missed most of preseason. Once Everberg gets going in the AHL, they'll swap places.

nope
I dont like this post
actually I dont mind it just disagree.. so are we complaining still,
I complain that I dont know if this is a real thread or no!

OK Rendulic is the future, he is fast has great hands and just needs to learn hockey.. He showed dramatic improvement last year, but I do think EB will come up to replace first IR in the forward pool....

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
nope
I dont like this post
actually I dont mind it just disagree.. so are we complaining still,
I complain that I dont know if this is a real thread or no!

OK Rendulic is the future, he is fast has great hands and just needs to learn hockey.. He showed dramatic improvement last year, but I do think EB will come up to replace first IR in the forward pool....

Lol Rendulic is Brandon Yip fast

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
OK Rendulic is the future, he is fast has great hands and just needs to learn hockey..

lol maybe it wasn't intentional but I lol'ed with this. I know quite a few guys in this organization that "just" need to learn hockey. other than this small "detail", they are great hockey players :sarcasm:

my complain is that I was super excited about this season and got in a high regard with Roy/Sakic after the moves they made in the offseason. they even buried Cliche and Redmond in the AHL, so it was all pointing to a scrub-free team for the first time in like a decade... but no, Roy had to keep his manlove with Holden and Guenin. :facepalm:

wasn't Guenin a "Tourigny guy"? since he left this pylon shouldn't be still in the lineup. I comprehend that sometimes coaches have this affection for questionable players, but most of the time these said players still bring at least one quality to the table (which is hyper valued by the coach). see McLeod. but these pylons they have ZERO qualities, serve for absolutely no purpose other than making embarrassing turnovers and bad decisions... actually I think Guenin isn't even an AHL level D, he would get buried even in a match against a peewee team. :help:

a few months ago someone could say it was inevitable since we didn't have other players to dress but NOW? we got Beauchemin, Zadorov and Gormley for **** sake! the only pylon (who still is miles ahead of these two since he IS at least a NHL level hockey player) that should be in the lineup every night is Stuart. I'm at the point that I think Roy purposely ices these guys because he likes it the hard way, he wants a bigger challenge... winning with a good team is too easy for him, he wants to lift the Cup with these scrubs in the lineup so he can boast of his feat. in his eyes, it's good to have them here securing some goals to the other team because it makes the game more entertaining to the fans... sorry Roy, but I disagree. these pylons make me ANGRY not entertained.

/end rant

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Hahahahaha. I love the last pic. :laugh:

I would like to complain about the main boards.

On the for 5 minutes and remembered why I never go to the main boards.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
lol maybe it wasn't intentional but I lol'ed with this. I know quite a few guys in this organization that "just" need to learn hockey. other than this small "detail", they are great hockey players :sarcasm:

my complain is that I was super excited about this season and got in a high regard with Roy/Sakic after the moves they made in the offseason. they even buried Cliche and Redmond in the AHL, so it was all pointing to a scrub-free team for the first time in like a decade... but no, Roy had to keep his manlove with Holden and Guenin. :facepalm:

wasn't Guenin a "Tourigny guy"? since he left this pylon shouldn't be still in the lineup. I comprehend that sometimes coaches have this affection for questionable players, but most of the time these said players still bring at least one quality to the table (which is hyper valued by the coach). see McLeod. but these pylons they have ZERO qualities, serve for absolutely no purpose other than making embarrassing turnovers and bad decisions... actually I think Guenin isn't even an AHL level D, he would get buried even in a match against a peewee team. :help:

a few months ago someone could say it was inevitable since we didn't have other players to dress but NOW? we got Beauchemin, Zadorov and Gormley for **** sake! the only pylon (who still is miles ahead of these two since he IS at least a NHL level hockey player) that should be in the lineup every night is Stuart. I'm at the point that I think Roy purposely ices these guys because he likes it the hard way, he wants a bigger challenge... winning with a good team is too easy for him, he wants to lift the Cup with these scrubs in the lineup so he can boast of his feat. in his eyes, it's good to have them here securing some goals to the other team because it makes the game more entertaining to the fans... sorry Roy, but I disagree. these pylons make me ANGRY not entertained.

/end rant

I give him some slack for
A.. he is from Europe
B. He made lots of progress last season...

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
It looks like Mack has gained like 30 pounds since his rookie season.

My complaint is the lack of him being referred to as "BigMac". He looks like a different person.

AvHooligan

Oct 10, 2015
Ugghh its only October 12th!?!? I need to watch Avs hockey I can't wait two more days!!!!

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
So what is this thread for exactly? Ive just been posting complaints in general. Everyone else is complaining about..well the General.

AvHooligan

Oct 10, 2015
So many doubters. Im gonna start making a list of people who have doubted the Avs this year so after its all said and done they can eat thier words. First on the list:

E.J Hradek

AvHooligan

Oct 10, 2015
that's going to end up one long list. would be easier to list people who haven't doubted avs this year.

True...but I'm afraid that list will be too small lol.

Just got done listening to a hockey Podcast were all 3 hockey "experts" predict the Avs last in the central again. Oooo we shall see

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So many doubters. Im gonna start making a list of people who have doubted the Avs this year so after its all said and done they can eat thier words. First on the list:

E.J Hradek

Hradek is fair in his Avs assessment. He didn't say anything bad, just kept repeating how they're a wildcard.

Dan Rosen is the one you want to by hung by his entrails if Avs are a legitimate playoff team. :sarcasm:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Duchene has been invisible these first two games. For the highest paid guy on the team to be registering 2 SOGs when the team has ten goals in two games is pretty sad. Even the two goals by his linemate have come on the PP when he's with a different unit.

I'm not as worried about the European Connection line so much, because the two wingers are rookies, they'll find their legs soon enough or else get shuffled so Grigorenko and Everberg can have their shot. That's to be expected. But that "first" line had better start looking like it soon.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
- Duchene. I won't even go into detail here.
- Varlamov. Not good enough, not making timely saves yet. Needs to improve considerably.
- Barrie. Wake up, dude. You are making Newport look bad, this is a contract year.
- Landeskog. 75% great, 25% awful. Want more of the good. Not close to 100% healthy.
- Soderberg. Didn't expect him to be this bad on the draws. A cerebral player and I appreciate that, but also needs to move his feet a bit more and engage more consistently.
- Rendulic. Never really been a fan, just one of those tweener guys who isn't really good at anything. Much prefer Everberg.
- Zadorov. Some nice flashes, and I know we will get the brain farts, but it still needs to be said that his decision making has to improve. Bad pinches and bad reading of the play in general.
- Guenin and Holden, no point discussing.

- Breakouts are terrible, but I've probably talked enough about that. Just not playing text-book, simple hockey leaving our zone, thus exposing the flaws of our defense by asking them to do things they simply can't do.
- A lot of standing still. To be expected at the start of the season, but it seems like each line has a guy standing around doing nothing every couple of shifts. 30-40 seconds of movement and get off the ice.

There are many positives, from our overall physicality to the #1 line to Beauch to McLeod to Mitchell to Rantanen, etc. Just listing my complaints/concerns.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I don't have an issue with people complaining as long as they explain (at least sort of) their stance with some well thought out points to back it up, saying lets trade everyone that's under performing like that's going to fix everything is well not smart to put it mildly.

Everyone here knows I'm not the one that's shy to point out the issues with our game and that I don't exactly sugar coat things, but I'd like to think I'm not just going off on a tangent, if I am someone please let me know.

There's a lot of even keel gals and guys here who know what they're talking about and that have been here for a long time and have made this place a pleasant experience (Freudian, Wolfie, AB, Foppa 2118, TMV, TPS, SEPH, Hench, IC to name a few with all the mods included) when you cancel out the rest of the noise, but lately that's been harder and harder to do. I just don't get whining for the sake of whining, never did never will. I guess it's a good thing I'm not a mod here :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad