Complaining thread

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
These start times are too damn late and the Central division is balls. Avs should move to the Atlantic division when the expansion teams come in.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Didn't want this to be a merely a foul weather thread ;) so after a very satisfying win...

I still don't understand Roy's lineup decisions especially Guenin and Holden

I still don't think Duchene is more than a flashy 2C and I would prefer a more solid 2 - way player if that is all he is capable of.

I don't understand the Rendulic love

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
Didn't want this to be a merely a foul weather thread ;) so after a very satisfying win...

I still don't understand Roy's lineup decisions especially Guenin and Holden

I still don't think Duchene is more than a flashy 2C and I would prefer a more solid 2 - way player if that is all he is capable of.

I don't understand the Rendulic love

He scored 70 in 71 games two seasons ago. What are you talking about? I'm with folks on the idea that he has similar holes to when he started and that he won't be the top center on a cup team....but this is overreacting a lot. 2C's do not score 70 in 71 games. He is capable of being much more than a flashy 2C. He'll play 2C for us but he can be damn good at it. How he does in that role remains to be seen but give the guy some credit.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Let's repurpose this thread. When Avs win or go in a W streak, we can complain about the Oilers and McDavid.

There's always something to complain about. ;)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Let's hope we're not using this thread too often. :laugh:

I was happy the Avs won, and happy the coach finally iced a pairing of Barrie/Zads.

HOWEVER...

I am getting absolutely sick and tired of watching Holden, Guenin, or both back up like forklifts at Sam's Club until they're practically bowling into Varly. You learn at an early age in hockey to at least make an effort to engage at the blueline or close to it. I can't for the life of me understand what their mode of thinking is...I suppose they're so scared of getting burned or trying so hard to block a shot they end up skating backwards as fast as they can (which isn't very) without a thought as to what to do.

And I'm getting more than a bit frustrated with the head coach who seems to think they're playing just fine. How. Can. He. Not. SEE. This!?

I suppose he made the change and cut their minutes, but I'm afraid I do indeed have to make like Clint Malarchuk and look the gift horse in the mouth. He's making his own job harder by icing players he has to shelter the living **** out of, and even after all that still manage to be massive liabilities. There are expansion teams who'd likely pass on both of these guys. I just don't understand why they saw so much ice in game one, and why it took two friggin' periods for Roy to marginalize them in game two.

There. That's better. Now I can venture out into the rest of the forums slightly less grumpy.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
as a blackhawks fan I always knew EJ had a good shot.. but man, has he always had that big of a bomb? watched the Dallas game and the goal he scored was a rocket

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
as a blackhawks fan I always knew EJ had a good shot.. but man, has he always had that big of a bomb? watched the Dallas game and the goal he scored was a rocket

Always had the bomb, the issue was the accuracy of the bomb. Before the last few seasons, his accuracy was about 75% shinpads, 20% boards, and 5% on net.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I like Rendulc but I he hasn't looked particularly well. Not bad, but just not good.

He should definitely be swapped with Grigo, and then Everberg, if Grigo isn't working either.

I actually think Mikko and Everberg could create a lot of possession time together. There's a difference in talent, but they actually play pretty similar games.

Edit: I just realized this is OT because it's the complaining thread. :laugh:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
He scored 70 in 71 games two seasons ago. What are you talking about? I'm with folks on the idea that he has similar holes to when he started and that he won't be the top center on a cup team....but this is overreacting a lot. 2C's do not score 70 in 71 games. He is capable of being much more than a flashy 2C. He'll play 2C for us but he can be damn good at it. How he does in that role remains to be seen but give the guy some credit.

It is not a knock on him to say I would rather have a better 2-way C behind MacK. I also did not take any credit away from him in that post.

I know Duchene's offensive stats too, and that is the flash he brings, but I don't see enough progression defensively entering year 7 that I would be upset with someone else in the #2 slot.

Maybe MacK becomes that 1C who can also handle the tough matchups like a Kopitar, Toews or Getzlaf (and then Duchene would be a good fit at the 2C) but MacK also has the potential to offensively better than those 3 I listed if not tied to playing that role.

People are so quick to protect #9.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
It is not a knock on him to say I would rather have a better 2-way C behind MacK. I also did not take any credit away from him in that post.

I know Duchene's offensive stats too, and that is the flash he brings, but I don't see enough progression defensively entering year 7 that I would be upset with someone else in the #2 slot.

Maybe MacK becomes that 1C who can also handle the tough matchups like a Kopitar, Toews or Getzlaf (and then Duchene would be a good fit at the 2C) but MacK also has the potential to offensively better than those 3 I listed if not tied to playing that role.

People are so quick to protect #9.

You said he might not be capable of being better than a flashy 2C. That's what I responded to. Duchene has proven he can be a 1C... just not an elite one. I've been critical of him, especially after that first game, but it's definitely a knock on him to say he "if that's all he's capable of" when calling him a flashy 2C.

I think he fits well into this fast paced offensive set up Roy is looking for. Roy wants us to overpower teams. If Duchene starts clicking here soon I bet the attitude will change on him just being a flashy 2C.

Anyways, I've learned not to enter this thread anymore. Complain on.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Thread should be renamed 'The Airing of grievances' thread. I still want to see Grigs with Matt.

Grig-Duchene-Comeau
Landeskog - Mackinnon- Tanguay
Iginla - Soderberg - Rantanen
Mcleod - Mitchell - Skille

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hopefully it wont take losses for Roy to move on from Guenin. Because it would be so unnecessary. Hopefully the new video coach is as good as claimed and will bombard Roy with blooper reels so he'll accept that Guenin should never see NHL ice again.

I think we'll see more Holden than we want no matter what, so complaining about it will probably end up leading to depression.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
You said he might not be capable of being better than a flashy 2C. That's what I responded to. Duchene has proven he can be a 1C... just not an elite one. I've been critical of him, especially after that first game, but it's definitely a knock on him to say he "if that's all he's capable of" when calling him a flashy 2C.

I think he fits well into this fast paced offensive set up Roy is looking for. Roy wants us to overpower teams. If Duchene starts clicking here soon I bet the attitude will change on him just being a flashy 2C.

Anyways, I've learned not to enter this thread anymore. Complain on.

Perhaps I should have phrased it as a Flashy 2C behind MacK.

I think he's definitely a 1C on some other teams in the league. I just don't see him becoming that offensive 2C that will also take the Defensive load off of MacK's line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad