Complaining thread

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This sort of thing is only funny until the team goes on horrible stretch of playoffless hockey for 20 years and 1,065 coaches.

What would be even more hilarious is if Sakic fires Roy. How epic would that be?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
This sort of thing is only funny until the team goes on horrible stretch of playoffless hockey for 20 years and 1,065 coaches.

What would be even more hilarious is if Sakic fires Roy. How epic would that be?

The stat boys will scream that according to statistics Sakic will absolutely fire Roy within 5 years...because hardly no coach gets five years with one team and hardly no GM gets fired before at least one coaching change.

I personally think it won't happen though. I imagine at some point, Sakic will become President and bring Roy up to GM and allow him to hire a new HC. Eventually both will retire or move on to other things on their own...The tandem of Sakic/Roy won't end in a firing though.

The question for me though....can these two bring a cup back to Colorado before that happens? I was actually optimistic before ROR was traded....now, not so much.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I dont like it that number 28 did not whine or even complain
I dont like it that the refs dont call penalties resulting in a morphed hockey with lots of hacking and grabbing limiting speed and finesse

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I really wish they got rid of the uni-pron jersey

FLA should just fold and head to QUE, no excuse for a competitive team to not have fan support

..oh and I hate that i wake up in the middle of the night and cant go back to sleep

just thought of more complaints

fights after good big hits, like c'mon

overcoaching

manufactured rivalries, NBC just doesnt get it. Actually the league doesnt either or want to admit what creates good rivalries

Last edited:

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
The stat boys will scream that according to statistics Sakic will absolutely fire Roy within 5 years...because hardly no coach gets five years with one team and hardly no GM gets fired before at least one coaching change.

I personally think it won't happen though. I imagine at some point, Sakic will become President and bring Roy up to GM and allow him to hire a new HC. Eventually both will retire or move on to other things on their own...The tandem of Sakic/Roy won't end in a firing though.

The question for me though....can these two bring a cup back to Colorado before that happens? I was actually optimistic before ROR was traded....now, not so much.

I'm actually more optimistic since ROR was traded. Can you imagine trying to make this team work cap-wise with ROR signed long-term to a $7.5M cap hit?? That would have been incredibly challenging to say the least.

The Avs got what they needed out of the ROR trade and that is a kid like Zadorov. In my mind, there's practically no way he doesn't eventually become a top-4 guy or better. The rest is added depth. We all had our reservations about Grigs and most thought he wouldn't have much of an impact after the trade happened. Then we heard all summer about how hard he was working and had a pretty good camp which made expectations skyrocket.

I'm still extremely optimistic about the future of this club, it's going to take some time before they figure out just how good they can be but when they do, there will be no turning back.

I often link this team to what the Nords were coming out of their rebuild.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1771553

If last year we were the 1993-94 Nords (traded Sundin over the summer) then we would be the 1994-95 Nords this year after trading ROR over the summer. That team went on to *****slap the Eastern Conference in a lockout shortened season to finish 3rd overall. Not saying that's necessarily going to happen right off the bat this year but I am expecting them to be better than last year.

m0ngr31

Here's a few of what I call `Helpful Guenin's`

R4gbyqM.jpg

NclWqGj.jpg

95gL1L2.jpg

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I'm actually more optimistic since ROR was traded. Can you imagine trying to make this team work cap-wise with ROR signed long-term to a $7.5M cap hit?? That would have been incredibly challenging to say the least.

The Avs got what they needed out of the ROR trade and that is a kid like Zadorov. In my mind, there's practically no way he doesn't eventually become a top-4 guy or better. The rest is added depth. We all had our reservations about Grigs and most thought he wouldn't have much of an impact after the trade happened. Then we heard all summer about how hard he was working and had a pretty good camp which made expectations skyrocket.

I'm still extremely optimistic about the future of this club, it's going to take some time before they figure out just how good they can be

Yes. The issue with the current Colorado team - perhaps unfortunately - is more patience. And proper expectations from the fan base.

In my mind, the O'R trade was a mini-rebuild, and the Avs now have several really young/inexperienced players who need to make an impact. And I think they will. However, it's probably going to be somewhat up-and-down for those players for a season, or perhaps two. Zadorov is 19 with less than one full season of NHL play under his belt, Grigorenko has 21 also with less than a season, Rantanen is 18 with zero NHL experience, Gormley also has less than a half year of NHL experience, MacKinnon is 20 with almost zero NHL experience at center. Significant contributions are expected of all of these players (perhaps minus Gormley), and while I believe most of them will eventually come through, it's not going to be pretty some nights.

I still believe the Avs to be a playoff-bubble team this season. And I believe they'll ultimately be in that position at the end. But I think the ride is going to be turbulent at times, and we as a fan base should have that expectation, IMO.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Opening night - Nate Guenin scores a hat trick, breaking his personal best for goals in a season in the first game of the season.

You heard it here first folks.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Opening night - Nate Guenin scores a hat trick, breaking his personal best for goals in a season in the first game of the season.

You heard it here first folks.

Unfortunately, he also made 12 glaring errors that each led to goals against.

No matter, The General feels he had a great night!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad