Complaining thread

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Oilers have no reason to move RNH unless they just get a can't refuse offer for a legitimate #1 defenseman which is pretty unlikely.

I see way too much of this "they have two great centers there's no room for a third" which is a totally ridiculous argument to make for why RNH needs to be moved. Aside from the fact that he's been arguably the best player on that team pre-McDavid, I'll take a 1-2-3 punch of McDavid/RNH/Draisaitl down the middle any day.

I don't see them moving from RNH until/unless contracts for all their soon to be star players forces their hand.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It is hard to get 3 really good centers their minutes without moving one to wing. When the Avs had Duchene, ROR, Stastny, and MacK... for ~60 games 2 of them were playing wing. If one of McDavid, Leon, RNH are willing to have their offensive minutes almost completely cut it might work as a 1-2-3 punch... but I doubt RNH (who they'd choose) would really be willing to do that long-term.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Avs goal differential: +5
Blues goal differential: +6

Avs record: 17-16-1
Blues record: 20-10-4

Odd.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
I'd like to file a complaint about the powerplay again. It's killing us. Last night, Before we got our first powerplay, I feel like we were controlling the game, or at least were in a good position to take control. We go along, playing well 5-on-5, but we get a powerplay, it's awful like usual, and it derails the team. How many times has this happened this year? It's crazy that the powerplay actually hurts us this much!

New Years resolution for the Avs: Fix the powerplay. We telegraph everything, from our shots to our passes. The opposing team knows what we are going to do before we do, and that is not a recipe for success.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Roy is probably the best Junior coach currently in the NHL.

55274151.jpg

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
although we just were on a 5 game win streak, this team reminds me of the leafs of last year. So many embarrassing things that should not happen in the nhl.

For one losing to Minnesota while up 4-1 in the third period earlier this year. How we lost 7-4 after being tied 3-3 to start the 3rd period again is beyond me. And even when we win games it is almost always because of varly. About half the games we won we played so bad in. I also think this team has less pride in themselves as they have had in the past.

I have been surprisingly impressed with roy's new system but I still feel he is outcoached by teams with half the talent as ours. I think he would make a great assistant but not head coach. This team needs to be more organized, and structured (something that roy has not been able to accomplish) but I still think he should be coach for the rest of this season and see if he can take this team to the playoffs before final judgement.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This team wil be ready to contend when they start to dominate games (ie: puck possession, shots, scoring chances). This has yet to happen under Roy. When we win it feels like luck and then they prove it by losing important games to crappy teams.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This team has 4 top 6 forwards, 3 top 4 defensemen, and a starting goalie... IMO the most that should be expected is a playoff bubble team. They should be able to contend for the playoffs, but not expected to make it. A finish anywhere from a wild card spot to 11th is about where the team should be. The contenders don't have a hole in any one of those spots and usually have depth beyond them. The good teams MIGHT be missing a piece.. and if they are they back that up with depth in other areas.

If Rantanen and Zadorov were both ready and contributing for the whole season... then, I could see the expectations being playoffs or bust. Neither were ready, so the expectations should be adjusted.

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
Mackinnon, Duchene, Landeskog, Iginla, Johnson, Barrie, Soderberg, Varlamov... They have their fair share of talent, they're ready to contend now.

Competitive maybe, but not contend...
As for coaching. Remember Roy is still new and learning. Give him time.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
They'll be ready to contend when all the talent is on this team.

I guess it depends on what we define contend as, playoffs or cup.

I'd put the pure talent on this roster up against quite a few teams that are contending for the playoffs.

This team does need to learn how to dominate, or at least consistently win without dominating by holding and extending leads.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I guess it depends on what we define contend as, playoffs or cup.

I'd put the pure talent on this roster up against quite a few teams that are contending for the playoffs.

This team does need to learn how to dominate, or at least consistently win without dominating by holding and extending leads.

I definitely wouldn't. They are getting as much as possible out of some role players but on talent we aren't close.

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
Avs goal differential: +5
Blues goal differential: +6

Avs record: 17-16-1
Blues record: 20-10-4

Odd.
First of all, the Blues have far, far more depth than the Avs in all areas except goaltending. Secondly, the Blues almost always are able to kick it into high gear in the 3rd period & pull out victories in close or tied games. And the Blues also have an uncanny knack for scoring on the PP when they get the opportunity in key game situations---unlike the Avs. Having a gamebreaker like Tarasenko scoring night-after-night helps too.

Last edited:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I definitely wouldn't. They are getting as much as possible out of some role players but on talent we aren't close.

Fair enough, not even looking at the East, I'd say from a talent vs talent (FWD vs FWD, D vs D, G vs G) standpoint we match up fairly well with at least Nashville, Dallas, and Vancouver.

Dallas is having one of those years like we did, but to say the Avs don't have equal levels of talent as those teams is selling them a bit short IMO.

I'd say our team's lack of the "killer instinct" or "knowing how to win" or whatever you want to call it is a far greater problem than the talent

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Dallas I don't agree with simply because of they have 2 top 10 arguably top 5 players.

Nashville and Vancouver... I think we compare with those teams. Also the teams we will be in contention with (more Nashville than Vancouver with the Pacific being crappy) for the rest of the season.

Given the roster, I'd say the Avs are about where they should be... fighting for a wild card spot.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Fair enough, not even looking at the East, I'd say from a talent vs talent (FWD vs FWD, D vs D, G vs G) standpoint we match up fairly well with at least Nashville, Dallas, and Vancouver.

Dallas is having one of those years like we did, but to say the Avs don't have equal levels of talent as those teams is selling them a bit short IMO.

I'd say our team's lack of the "killer instinct" or "knowing how to win" or whatever you want to call it is a far greater problem than the talent

I agree I think other teams would love to have 1-2 centres in Duchene and mackinnon as we have in colorado. Along with landeskog, Johnson, barrie and varlamov those are some players that any team would wish to have.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Dallas I don't agree with simply because of they have 2 top 10 arguably top 5 players.

Nashville and Vancouver... I think we compare with those teams. Also the teams we will be in contention with (more Nashville than Vancouver with the Pacific being crappy) for the rest of the season.

Given the roster, I'd say the Avs are about where they should be... fighting for a wild card spot.

Dallas I think we match or beat them in Goal and on D though. 2 out of 3 should compensate for lacking Benn-Seguin in my mind.

Just like Nash bests us on D, but our talent at FWD is better and Goal is arguable of late

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad