Complaining thread

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
In the press release it says he's going to do ALL in studio work for the Nuggets. The DP reported earlier that he was going to replace Julie but the presser said nothing about him doing Avs coverage.

I don't care about pretty or ugly, just do a good job. It's nice that Tappen has talent and is pretty. What about me looking at ugly dudes all the time? Maybe I'd like to look at someone smart and attractive on the male side.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't care about pretty or ugly, just do a good job. It's nice that Tappen has talent and is pretty. What about me looking at ugly dudes all the time? Maybe I'd like to look at someone smart and attractive on the male side.

Keefe and Rycroft don't do it for you? :sarcasm:

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Super psyched for Vic to be on board with Altitude. Easily the best sports guy in the state IMO.

Would love to see him do Avs stuff and like the BSN article said I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up doing an "All Access" type show.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
In the press release it says he's going to do ALL in studio work for the Nuggets. The DP reported earlier that he was going to replace Julie but the presser said nothing about him doing Avs coverage.

I heard that. Preach on sister!

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
There arent any sexy looking media guys. Jamie Mclennan is alright but he's more my type. Jamal Mayers is nice too to me. Those are the only ones I can think of.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
There arent any sexy looking media guys. Jamie Mclennan is alright but he's more my type. Jamal Mayers is nice too to me. Those are the only ones I can think of.

You sayin' Bobby Mac ain't your perfect man?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

He's too white. like whole milk white.. and flabby. I like em built and ethnic.

What about Kevin Weeks? Hes a pretty good looking guy lol

Look at that smile,

weekes2.jpg

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
What? why? Black is beautiful is a 60s civil rights saying/cultural movement
I just added the fun because i am indeed fun.

Which is exactly something Amy Schumer would do lol, it was a compliment (odd as it might seem) not a slight.

Shes a feminist comedian, if you're not familiar.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
It's because no one can think of anything to complain about with the team from last couple night. I'll take it. :laugh:

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Which is exactly something Amy Schumer would do lol, it was a compliment (odd as it might seem) not a slight.

Shes a feminist comedian, if you're not familiar.

Oh I know. I love her. But she gets criticized because some thinks she's racist. But your right now that i think about it. It does seem like something she'd say.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Super-bummed to hear Maya got the boot. She'll land on her feet though. We weren't BFFs or anything but I know she's nothing if not driven. I imagine Jori will not shed any tears over Julie Browman's departure.

I get a little uncomfortable concerning the "hot sports broadcaster" conversation, since it's a pretty heinous double standard, but usually if a female broadcaster in sports happens to be good AND easy on the eyes, she rises up through the ranks pretty fast. Charissa Thompson was with the Rockies broadcasts for, what, two seasons before Fox Sports and Worst Godforsaken Sports Show Period got a hold of her? So I guess that's the short answer to the question. Altitude could go and get a smokin' hot on-screen personality, but she probably wouldn't be there for long.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I'm sure Julie Browman has a family to feed and it sucks for her that she lost her job, so I don't wish to gloat. However, she was likely the worst hockey "broadcaster" I ever witnessed. Her questions were inane. I don't think she actually knew anything about hockey. I vividly remember the game where Hishon scored his first goal and he got the first star interview. By that point the Avs were out of contention, and she asked him how it felt to score in such an important game.

Browman aside, I have a laundry list of complaints about Altitude's broadcasts. But I'm on my phone, so maybe another time. Suffice to say I often choose to watch the other team's broadcast.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
First 9 seasons: 144 playoff games
Last 10 seasons (post-lockout): 32 playoff games

Depressing stat of the day.

The Avs will miss the playoffs for the fifth time in six seasons in a few months. The funny part is that they almost won the President's Trophy in the middle of this stretch.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm sure Julie Browman has a family to feed and it sucks for her that she lost her job, so I don't wish to gloat. However, she was likely the worst hockey "broadcaster" I ever witnessed. Her questions were inane. I don't think she actually knew anything about hockey. I vividly remember the game where Hishon scored his first goal and he got the first star interview. By that point the Avs were out of contention, and she asked him how it felt to score in such an important game.

Browman aside, I have a laundry list of complaints about Altitude's broadcasts. But I'm on my phone, so maybe another time. Suffice to say I often choose to watch the other team's broadcast.

I think the inane questions had much more to do with the people behind the cameras than in front of them.

It's funny, KSE must've spent a pretty penny taking the broadcast rights to their CO teams and created new TV/radio networks, but only NOW are they spending serious $$$ to bring in an established sportscaster. Hell, I can still remember them using saran wrap in lieu of glass in the set pieces!

Altitude continues to be a thorn in my side personally. Long story short, they blacked out games in my region on Center Ice because Altitude claims Nebraska as their turf, which is ridiculous.

But all in all Altitude continues to be proof that KSE should've just left things the way they were. The Fan did a great job of Avs coverage, and were on the verge of moving to FM full time right when KSE decided to broadcast games on a station you couldn't get in the parking lot right outside the radio station. And I had zero problems with how Fox Sports (now ROOT I guess) was handling things on TV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad