TV: Community

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Agreed on Gillian Jacobs being a more endearing, down to earth, and likeable personality than Alison Brie. Brie's probably more talented though.

Oddly enough, in interviews and behind the scenes material, Danny Pudi unexpectedly gives off somewhat off-putting try-hard vibes to me as well (more than Glover or McHale, who you would more readily expect it from).
Oh yeah she's a teetotaller or whatever. Same here, I honestly never had a problem or felt the need to and after learning about too many diseases related to it post-college, I have no desire to. The problem is other people have a problem with it. With her I bet it's even worse cos she has to attend Hollywood parties or whatever.
I relate to this very much. I'm pretty much completely ambivalent to alcohol (not out of any moral apprehension or health concern or anything, I just don't really care for it), but what I resent and can't help but react spitefully to is how people seem weirdly adamant about it, almost as if it's a personal insult not to have the same vices that they do.

Last edited:
Reactions: member 51464

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Well, apparently liking Gillian Jacobs is the mainstream opinion.

Doesn't really surprise me.

She delivers a much more straight-forward performance and isn't being judged for being "wacky" or a "show-off" the way female comediennes are often critically assessed.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Britta and Annie are both great because they make them the butt of the joke a lot. especially Britta. You don't see that all that much with female characters.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Joel McHale is a very funny guy. I’ve watched stuff on YouTube with the whole cast talking to audiences, and McHale always makes me laugh.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
It's amazing that the guy dressed up as the peanut bar won an Oscar for penning the script for The Descendents, starring George Clooney.

I would have loved it if Jim Rash had shown up to the Oscars that year in some crazy costume since the Dean always does that on the show.

oh, speaking of that and my previous post of McHale being funny, he had a great joke that Jim Rash only wrote the dialogue for George Clooney’s wife in that movie.

Reactions: NyQuil

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I know everyone is into Alison Brie but when I re-watched it, I was more into her. I think it's cos I saw some interviews or whatever where Gillian Jacobs came across as more normal and Alison Brie was a bit of a try-hard. But either way, they Britta'd Britta's character on this show, she was great in the first couple episodes.
i noticed her a lot too at first.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
“Hey, Troy sneezes like a girl.”

“And how bout I pound you like a boy? That didn’t come out right.”

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I found it annoying when they really turned Britta from "flawed but at least has her heart in the right place most of the time" to "I just ruin things because I'm just the worst."

Season 2 was a pretty good balance for her character. They started to go off the deep end in season 3.

79d2cfc0-c35f-0131-5210-6e9d26d539f0.gif

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
This is probably my favorite show of all-time, definitely my favorite comedy, so its awesome to see it finally gaining some popularity with the addition to Netflix.

With it being on Netflix I decided to watch season 4 for the first time since it aired. Big mistake. A few funny/heartfelt moments mixed in here and there, but for the most part it is just so, so bad. So bad.

And I'll add that season 5 & 6 are very underrated once you learn to accept the new characters for who they are and stop trying to compare them to the originals. Both definitely in considerations for the best season in my mind

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
Did any of you catch the actors getting back together on youtube?

Nice to see nearly all the cast were involved

only missing one person and you can guess which

I've had it set aside, but haven't gotten around to watching yet.

I'm guessing they probably mention it in that video, but its worth pointing out that the reason they were all together on the call was because they just did their table read for "Cooperative Polygraphy", available on May 18th
Community Cast, Even Donald Glover, to Reunite for Virtual Table Read – Variety

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Chevy has gotten sober and his imdb page has dried up the past few years, they could always right him into the movie if it happens but it is probably a pipe dream, I cant see him or Harmin working with each other.

member 51464

I've been watching it for the first time over the past week.

It's alright. I am not sure it's all that special. It's got just enough laughs I'm continuing to watch, at least through season 3, but I suppose I thought it would be funnier based on the hype it has seemed to have around it over the years.

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
Chevy has gotten sober and his imdb page has dried up the past few years, they could always right him into the movie if it happens but it is probably a pipe dream, I cant see him or Harmin working with each other.
They killed Pierce off so it would be kind of weird to force him in there.
And while all of the rest of the cast became great friends that respected the hell out of Harmon and what he was doing, that was never true with Chevy. I don't see a lot of motivation from anyone to try to get him involved

(...if a movie or anything were to happen)

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
And while all of the rest of the cast became great friends that respected the hell out of Harmon and what he was doing, that was never true with Chevy. I don't see a lot of motivation from anyone to try to get him involved

I think Chevy was also the only one not to go on The Soup.
Was his attitude related to drinking? I always thought he was just an asshole.
Little from Column A... Little from Column B...

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Was his attitude related to drinking? I always thought he was just an asshole.
True Chase is just Pierce without any of the wholesome moments

They could easily say he faked it or bring him back as a hologram but you are probably right re: no motivation

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
True Chase is just Pierce without any of the wholesome moments

They could easily say he faked it or bring him back as a hologram but you are probably right re: no motivation
He said on instagram 2 days ago he was playing himself and it was tough

I can't believe someone his age maintains his own IG account but seeing how he had a fork stuck in his jacket, looks like he's running it

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
That was so well done, they didn't miss a beat. Perfect timing even though not my favourite episode exactly but I guess it was more logistically feasible.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Just finished season 4. Except the felt episode and one before ir, it wasnt that bad. Obviously the worst season but still ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad