Comedians you do NOT think are funny...

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I feel like Amy Schumer is getting a bad rap here. Her comedy is clearly tailored towards females.

Just because men don’t get it...it doesn’t mean she isn’t funny.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I like Joe Rogan's podcast, though I don't listen too often. I catch it every once in a while because I find he rehashes too many of the same topics with different guests, so listening too often isn't good. I don't find his stand-up very funny, nor is he particularly funny on his podcast.

Personally, I've never found the uber masculine dudes who work out all the time to be funny. Something about the profession, but comedy is one of the rare "celebrity" professions where I think being too good looking or concerned with body image is a detriment.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I know this is a thread dedicated to deriding comics, but a personal favorite of mine lately is James Acaster. British dude I first came across on an English panel show called Would I Lie To You.

Sep 19, 2008
Dane Cook, Amy Schumer, Jeff Dunham, Larry The Cable Guy, Russell Peters, Pete Davidson (it's just his face. as soon as I see it, I have to change the channel), Kathy Griffin, Russell Brand

Russell Brand is painfully unfunny. People just laugh because of his accent.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I feel like Amy Schumer is getting a bad rap here. Her comedy is clearly tailored towards females.

I've seen her act, it is quite weak - no matter your gender. A LOT of crude one liners. Some "borrowed" material as well.

Her TV show was really funny, especially the early years, but she had a team of writers. She was very good in it - she came across as cute, sweet and funny.

Unfortunately, most comedians have a limited amount of "good" material. It is NOT easy to make people laugh and tastes change so... it's to be expected

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I saw Chappelle a few years ago in Montreal and it was just okay. The majority of it became parts his 2 Netflix specials.

Back then he was starting to date himself with some of the references he made which dated back to the early 2000's. It felt like he was telling old jokes.

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

If anyone thinks her last special was funny I judge them as a person going forward. It is a hurdle that is like an inch off the ground. It is barely 6 year old humour.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Mitch hedberg is unique and hysterical
It's odd... In interviews, he wasn't funny. Also, early in his career, before he found his delivery style, his comedy fell flat.

Later is his career, he was unique and really funny - like you said.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveH124

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC

That's a nonsensical straw-man, IMO. Nobody is put off by Amy Schumer's humor because it's tailored to women and simply found alienating or unrelateable. They're put off by her (at least in my opinion) god-awful delivery, lack of authenticity, lack of taste, lack of charisma, and lack of anything resembling natural comedic sensibilities, period.

While I'm not the biggest fan of too many female comedians, even by the standards/limited exposure I've had to comedians who target a female demographic, quality material/delivery can still easily be acknowledged, and her talent is well below average, IMO. Going down the list of popular female comedians, I find myself respecting/appreciating most of them more than Amy Schumer.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Only one of Chappelle’s two Netflix specials was good.
While Chris Rock is funny, one of his specials fell flat - it was the one where they cut from show to show, from outfit to outfit. I didn't think it was funny at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad