Come home Stevie.............

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I can't say I agree with any notion of being scared of any particular destination Holland could go to, should he leave the organization.

Mike Babcock was and is a very good coach. I wish him well in Toronto, but it was time for his tenure in Detroit to end.

I feel the exact same way about Holland. The guy still has things he can contribute to a franchise, but I'd much rather risk him helping somebody else than risk him looking too closely over the shoulder of the new guy (who, ideally, is from outside the organization altogether).

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
This is where we agree, and this is something I have to remind myself of as well. As eager as I am to move on from Holland, it can't be for just anyone. And I do not like any of the guys you list as alternatives, either. I'd like it to be someone less connected to the organization, and with a track record of either excellent drafting or savvy trades to their name

I think Wright is the guy who could most likely swoop in and take the GM job once Holland steps aside. Do I want him to get it right now? No, but in 2-5 years? Quite possibly. And I think that's probably the time frame we're looking at for Holland to step aside. Agree about not being thrilled with the other names TZE mentioned.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think Wright is the guy who could most likely swoop in and take the GM job once Holland steps aside. Do I want him to get it right now? No, but in 2-5 years? Quite possibly. And I think that's probably the time frame we're looking at for Holland to step aside. Agree about not being thrilled with the other names TZE mentioned.

Hey I am not floating those guys because I want them. I am just naming the in house options or clear Wings guys. Wright probably should be listed, not sure if he has that much traction this early on.

I mean we want a really good core right? Maybe we should throw big money at Lombardi, he has built a couple of them. I mean a classic Ilitch hayday move would have been to hire somebodies already active GM but I am not sure that is realistic. That is why I am attached to Fenton. I think he also brings an organizational perspective on D-man and how to develop them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad