Columbus Thread IV (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formerly 18,136
Jun 24, 2012
Due to some recent changes in job situations, I will not be able to use all of my season tickets this year. Looking for people who may be interested in a split. Most games available for face value. Hoping this is a viable alternative to giving up my seats.

Seats are in Section 221, Row F, Seats 5 and 6. Face value is 19.77 each. Great seats and row in front of us pays twice as much.

Only stipulation is that if interested in a weekend game you buy a Tuesday or Thursday game as well. Not looking to sell all my weekend games and be left with tickets on nights I can't attend!

If interested contact me via email link through HF Boards.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Hey guys,

A few friends and I are heading down to Columbus to watch the Leafs vs. Blue Jackets game on October 31st, and we had a few questions we were hoping to get some help with. In terms of tickets, I've noticed single game tickets for some games are on sale this week, but according to Ticketmaster tickets for the Leafs game are not on sale yet. Anyone know when that will happen?

We have our hotel locked down, but had questions around the bar scene. We've scoped out a few bars to go to for dinner and some beers pre-game, but if anyone had any recommendations on places that have a good atmosphere, are friendly etc. that'd be awesome.

Next, does anyone have any recommendations on any bars, clubs or events that they know will be good for Halloween? We're all in our early 20s, so we're looking for something with that kind of vibe. We're staying downtown near the arena, so ideally something downtown would be great, but we can go closer to campus if need be.

Now, Ohio State is playing Illinois on the Saturday, and while we may end up going to the game, we're looking for options in terms of tailgates or bars in the event that we don't. We've done a bit of research and have come across places like the Varsity Club, but if anyone knows of any other places we'd appreciate any input. It's our first time to Columbus so we're not sure what the tailgate situation is or if most people just go to bars to watch the game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Hey guys,

A few friends and I are heading down to Columbus to watch the Leafs vs. Blue Jackets game on October 31st, and we had a few questions we were hoping to get some help with. In terms of tickets, I've noticed single game tickets for some games are on sale this week, but according to Ticketmaster tickets for the Leafs game are not on sale yet. Anyone know when that will happen?

We have our hotel locked down, but had questions around the bar scene. We've scoped out a few bars to go to for dinner and some beers pre-game, but if anyone had any recommendations on places that have a good atmosphere, are friendly etc. that'd be awesome.

Next, does anyone have any recommendations on any bars, clubs or events that they know will be good for Halloween? We're all in our early 20s, so we're looking for something with that kind of vibe. We're staying downtown near the arena, so ideally something downtown would be great, but we can go closer to campus if need be.

Now, Ohio State is playing Illinois on the Saturday, and while we may end up going to the game, we're looking for options in terms of tailgates or bars in the event that we don't. We've done a bit of research and have come across places like the Varsity Club, but if anyone knows of any other places we'd appreciate any input. It's our first time to Columbus so we're not sure what the tailgate situation is or if most people just go to bars to watch the game.

R-Bar in the Arena District is the unofficial official CBJ bar pre and post-game. Not that there aren't lots of other choices.

http://www.rbararena.com/
http://arenadistrict.com/food-and-drink/

Live music (Lifestyle Pavilion, A&R Bar and Basement are in the Arena District -- Newport is on campus)
http://www.promowestlive.com/search

Dunno about tailgating and too old to bar hop on campus -- but there are plenty of kids on here that will help you out.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Hey guys,

All the Bars around the arena, as well as all CBJ fans that go to them, are friendly.

Varsity Club brings back a lot of great memories for me. Good spot to hit on game day. Plenty of stuff goes on up and down Lane Ave. so if you end up there, don't worry about heading anywhere else.

Be warned, though, it gets crazy crowded well before game time, so if you actually want to sit down somewhere get there real early.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Hey guys,

1) Single-game tickets go on sale 9/19 - but will be restricted to credit cards with Ohio zip codes for the first 72 hours. If that's not any of your group, I would check on 9/22 or see if anyone has posted anything on resale sites (Stubhub, seatgeek, etc.).

2) Almost anything in the Arena District will be friendly - Boston's, R Bar, Three-Legged Mare, Gordon Biersch. If you want to venture out a few blocks, the entire Park Street corridor is lined with bars and you can probably find some cheaper drinks (BBR, Brother's, GasWerks, Callahan's, etc.) before the game depending on specials and whatnot. Barley's and/or Novak's isn't a terrible option either, though the closer you get to the Short North the more you'll have to walk to the Arena. Elevator has their own beer they brew on tap (maybe a couple blocks south on High St) but it's kind of an older place and has less of a "hockey game" atmosphere for sure. I would stick to the AD, Park Street, or Short North areas.

3) HighBall - the Halloween costume party - is actually the weekend before. I don't know about anything on the 31st/1st, although I can almost guarantee there will be things going on in and around the Short North (immediately north of downtown on High Street). That would be your best bet if you prefer to stay away from campus-type parties at Ohio State. I'm sure the bars along Park Street will have costume-themed nights as well.

4) It's tough to get a parking lot tailgate spot if you don't know someone with a pass in those areas. South Campus Gateway has some decent bars. I would go more to north campus - Out-R-Inn, Little Bar, etc. There's a BW3's right on the corner of Lane and High but that will be packed I'm sure. Varsity Club area isn't bad - they re-did Hineygate (again) so I have no idea if that's any good. I think it's called the O Zone farther west on Lane towards the river.

If you're feeling really adventurous that weekend, you guys could take the Cbus (free COTA) down towards German Village one night. There are some decent bars that way. I think the infamous Sugar Bar 2 (more "club" style) is down that way in the Brewery District. If I remember correctly, Cantina on Park Street will be fairly close to a "club" style also. There may still be something on Long Street - or at least there used to be some kind of dance complex there, I don't know about now.

BJfan

Sep 20, 2008
section 209
Anyone get their STH presale email today? I got an email Tuesday saying I would get an email with info at 10am and have received nothing

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Anyone get their STH presale email today? I got an email Tuesday saying I would get an email with info at 10am and have received nothing

I got it at 10. Just checked now and the opening game has limited availability. I wonder if they held some back for partial plan holders and gen public. Today was supposed to be for PSL holders or FSTH.

BJfan

Sep 20, 2008
section 209
That's my problem. I am a fsth and psl holder. 2 other full season psl holders in my section can't use their acct number/password to access tickets either

JoeMelichar2

Dec 22, 2009
Grandview
Hi Everyone,

I have the following pre-season games available in Section 207 Row Q (2 seats side by side):

Sun, Sept 21 @ 6:30 PM vs St Louis Blues

Tues, Sept 23 @ 7:00PM vs Pittsburgh Penguins GONE!

Wednesday, Oct 1 @ 7:00PM vs Carolina Hurricanes

Saturday, Oct 4 @ 7:00PM vs Nashville Predators

Be the first person to PM me with your game of choice and its yours for FREE! I'd prefer if you are not already a STH. Only one game per person, please. If you're the first person to claim a game, I will then ask for your e-mail address to forward the tickets to you.

Check back closer to the season as I will be selling a majority of these tickets throughout the year. I will be posting here first before anywhere else.

Thanks.

Last edited:

BJfan

Sep 20, 2008
section 209
After speaking with a few other STH I think all the old chill STH in sections 209, 210 and 211 were left out of the single game ticket pre sale for full STH yesterday. Can anyone who sits in section 209, 210 or 211 and received a letter in February from Larry hoepfner confirm that they received an email from the team yesterday with information regarding the season pre sale or were able to use their acct. Number/password to purchase tickets yesterday

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
After speaking with a few other STH I think all the old chill STH in sections 209, 210 and 211 were left out of the single game ticket pre sale for full STH yesterday. Can anyone who sits in section 209, 210 or 211 and received a letter in February from Larry hoepfner confirm that they received an email from the team yesterday with information regarding the season pre sale or were able to use their acct. Number/password to purchase tickets yesterday

Wow...that's f'd up.

I'm in 205 and Day1PSL and didn't get my e-mail "password" until 11:02am. It worked though, as I had to buy a few extras for Pens 4/4, Wild 12/31 and Preds 12/22 game.

I must say that either all the new season ticket owners are showing now or CBJ are holding a lot of seats back. The first three rows of my Section were not available for games I checked. Row A obviously never is, but there have been quite a few seats in Rows B and C available for last few years. Had to go to Row D for 12/22 Preds game and 12/31 Wild Game. For Pens 4/4 game, decided on Section 219 Row B, as every other section was at least Row E or higher.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008

I'm pretty sure I got this. I deleted it so I can't confirm it but I know I got an email yesterday saying my window to buy single game tickets was open.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
1) Single-game tickets go on sale 9/19 - but will be restricted to credit cards with Ohio zip codes for the first 72 hours. If that's not any of your group, I would check on 9/22 or see if anyone has posted anything on resale sites (Stubhub, seatgeek, etc.).

snip snip...

All the Bars around the arena, as well as all CBJ fans that go to them, are friendly.

Varsity Club brings back a lot of great memories for me. Good spot to hit on game day. Plenty of stuff goes on up and down Lane Ave. so if you end up there, don't worry about heading anywhere else.

Be warned, though, it gets crazy crowded well before game time, so if you actually want to sit down somewhere get there real early.

R-Bar in the Arena District is the unofficial official CBJ bar pre and post-game. Not that there aren't lots of other choices.

http://www.rbararena.com/
http://arenadistrict.com/food-and-drink/

Live music (Lifestyle Pavilion, A&R Bar and Basement are in the Arena District -- Newport is on campus)
http://www.promowestlive.com/search

Dunno about tailgating and too old to bar hop on campus -- but there are plenty of kids on here that will help you out.
Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I have tickets to the Sabres opener in Buffalo vs. Columbus on Thursday Oct. 9. Below cost. Section 120. Row 20.

CaliBuck

Nov 15, 2008
Pickerington, OH
Some of you might remember but I just recently moved back to C-Bus from California. Well tonight, I purchased season tickets while at Fan Fest. Super excited!

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
Some of you might remember but I just recently moved back to C-Bus from California. Well tonight, I purchased season tickets while at Fan Fest. Super excited!

Nice. I was there and it was pretty crowded. A lot more than I expected. I'd imagine some decent numbers of season tickets were sold. They're got some momentum it seems right now. Maybe the Buckeyes looking shaky has people rethinking how they want to spend their money this year

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I purchased tickets for a couple of my kids, and as usual had nothing but problems on the ticketmaster website. Called my CBJ Rep, and he happily took care of it for me. Even got me better seats in the sections that I wanted then what ticketmaster was showing me. Still had to pay the rip-off ticketmaster fees, but still was a good deal since I got the tickets at STH price.

All you STH's remember to use your Reps when you need to. They are always happy and willing to help.

dnmccoy

Nov 18, 2013
Columbus
Im super pissed with my rep and the process in general. I get ZERO emails from the team or ticket reps concerning the STH events. The only way Ive been hearing about it is from my neighbor who is a STH as well. Ive called and spoke with my rep several times and he assures me he's "emailing someone" to have it looked at. Anyone have a point of contact for STH sales supervisors?

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
If anyone is looking for a pair of tickets to any Monday-Thursday night game let me know. For some of the nights I will have 2 tickets in 216 row E for sale below face value. PM me with any requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad