Columbus Thread IV (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Need some insight:

About five years ago I did a cross-country trip and stayed in Columbus at a Westin next to a small bridge. Really liked the area and got good vibes but never crossed the bridge.

Anyway, at night my wife ran out of diapers for the kid who was 6-months at the time. It was 12am and nothing was open. So I did what my GPS told me to do.

I drove across the bridge.

Now, I've been to Baghdad, Kabul and I was born and raised in Brooklyn, so I don't get rattled easy.

But what was across the bridge was straight outta Mad Max. There was a car on fire, and by fire I mean bursting in flames. hookers everywhere, including an albino one with gold fronts and a baby stroller.

Cop cars everywhere but none walking the beat and a smashed up car hulk upside down horizontal on a main avenue.

I finally found a bodega and in the parking lot was a bum fighting with EMT's over who was going to give CPR to another bum.

In the bodega I found diapers, and through the thickest bulletproof plexiglass in history I bought diapers with every language written on the package except english.

There were also six people behind the glass with one cash register.

So, can you guys fill me in on the other side of the bridge?

And no, I wasn't on acid.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I believe you were in wonderful Franklinton.

Not the nicest part of Columbus, that's for sure.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Need some insight:

About five years ago I did a cross-country trip and stayed in Columbus at a Westin next to a small bridge. Really liked the area and got good vibes but never crossed the bridge.

Anyway, at night my wife ran out of diapers for the kid who was 6-months at the time. It was 12am and nothing was open. So I did what my GPS told me to do.

I drove across the bridge.

Now, I've been to Baghdad, Kabul and I was born and raised in Brooklyn, so I don't get rattled easy.

But what was across the bridge was straight outta Mad Max. There was a car on fire, and by fire I mean bursting in flames. hookers everywhere, including an albino one with gold fronts and a baby stroller.

Cop cars everywhere but none walking the beat and a smashed up car hulk upside down horizontal on a main avenue.

I finally found a bodega and in the parking lot was a bum fighting with EMT's over who was going to give CPR to another bum.

In the bodega I found diapers, and through the thickest bulletproof plexiglass in history I bought diapers with every language written on the package except english.

There were also six people behind the glass with one cash register.

So, can you guys fill me in on the other side of the bridge?

And no, I wasn't on acid.

:laugh: Yeah I think you were in Franklinton, aka "the Bottoms". But it's turning around quickly now, real estate hard to come by (I've been told). Think Bushwick, then and now: artist-led gentrification.

And you must not get rattled to drive cross country with a 12 month old!

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Good luck. I just happened to check on stubhub, and the price gouging is insane! Seats in my section are listed at $500 and $900! Which will obviously never sell... but still. If people were stupid enough to pay that, I'd gladly sell mine, and pay for nearly my whole plan!

attachment.php

Last edited:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
yeah, good luck...keep watching stubhub...wasn't a part of my package, so the GF and I bought in 208 for $65 each last week...

that said...can't wait to bus trip to Buffalo on thursday...perhaps I can meet Robert face to face ;)

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
yeah, good luck...keep watching stubhub...wasn't a part of my package, so the GF and I bought in 208 for $65 each last week...

that said...can't wait to bus trip to Buffalo on thursday...perhaps I can meet Robert face to face ;)

You... AND Robert...? That's a lot...of ellipses...! :laugh:

jag72

Jun 9, 2011

The wife and I are also on the trip. We both are excited and can't wait for Thursday to get here.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
The wife and I are also on the trip. We both are excited and can't wait for Thursday to get here.

I'll be the one of the loud ones probably towards the front of the bus where the jello and pudding shots will be...

BJfan

Sep 20, 2008
section 209
If anyone had an extra pair of tix to tonight's game that they weren't using my neighbor was looking to take his daughter. I already gave away mine.

Edit-found a pair. Thanks!

Last edited:

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
If anyone had an extra pair of tix to tonight's game that they weren't using my neighbor was looking to take his daughter. I already gave away mine.

Got a pair in section 114. PM if interested, I'll make a deal.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
Section 121 Row B seats 9 and 10. Willing to negotiate. I also have tickets to tonights game for free of anybody is interested

HELPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

A girl I'm dating is coming up for the game opening night. Problem is I don't have any tickets lol. The prices seem to be up going up on Stub hub lol. Should I wait until the last possible day or pay now. Problem is I'm on a budget. I can't really spend more than 100 bucks a ticket and I'd like to be in the lower bowl. Any other suggestions besides stubhub? I'm in a tough spot lol.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
HELPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

A girl I'm dating is coming up for the game opening night. Problem is I don't have any tickets lol. The prices seem to be up going up on Stub hub lol. Should I wait until the last possible day or pay now. Problem is I'm on a budget. I can't really spend more than 100 bucks a ticket and I'd like to be in the lower bowl. Any other suggestions besides stubhub? I'm in a tough spot lol.

I'd keep checking Ticketmaster (twice daily/morning & late afternoon). CBJ will probably release more tickets they're holding back for trying to sell as season tickets.

CentreKeeper12

TheCentreKeeper
May 24, 2009
Columbus, OH
HELPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

Try the ticket exchange

CaliBuck

Nov 15, 2008
Pickerington, OH
If anyone is looking for the NYR game, I'm selling 2 tickets in 105, 15 rows up on the aisle. Will probably test stubhub but would be willing to give a better deal to someone here.

sjosty26

May 8, 2013
Hey guys..
I'm in Columbus for the game vs the Rangers tonight. I'm a huge Rangers fan that goes to school in Pittsurgh, came in on the bus a lil while ago.

Two questions

What can I do in Lumbus before game time? Good places for food etc?

I have one of those thin drawstring backpacks, I'm sure you've seen them. Nationwide Arena website says no backpacks. I was thinking they would just search it, Ya? Anyone have any insight on this because thatd be a buzz kill if I had to get rid of it, or I can just wear it under my sweatshirt. It's thin all Its thin looking all I have in it is my game ticket phone charger gum and bus ticket home

Thank you. Let's hope for a good game tonight!

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Hey guys..
I'm in Columbus for the game vs the Rangers tonight. I'm a huge Rangers fan that goes to school in Pittsurgh, came in on the bus a lil while ago.

Two questions

What can I do in Lumbus before game time? Good places for food etc?

I have one of those thin drawstring backpacks, I'm sure you've seen them. Nationwide Arena website says no backpacks. I was thinking they would just search it, Ya? Anyone have any insight on this because thatd be a buzz kill if I had to get rid of it, or I can just wear it under my sweatshirt. It's thin all Its thin looking all I have in it is my game ticket phone charger gum and bus ticket home

Thank you. Let's hope for a good game tonight!

Take the stuff out, fold up the drawstring pack and put it in your pocket. :dunno:

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
What can I do in Lumbus before game time?

Simple answer - eat and get drunk. Arena District, Short North, Park Street District are all in the vicinity of the arena and all have numerous bars and restaurants. Just walk around the area and you will find something that tickles your fancy.

Short North is a bit more upscale, Park Street is a bit more on the college/bro side.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Simple answer - eat and get drunk. Arena District, Short North, Park Street District are all in the vicinity of the arena and all have numerous bars and restaurants. Just walk around the area and you will find something that tickles your fancy.

Short North is a bit more upscale, Park Street is a bit more on the college/bro side.

I grew up in the Short North in the early/mid-90's ... never thought I would hear it described as upscale :laugh:

Amazing how things change!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->